Scully's management to talk to Melbourne this week

SoNotFunny

This is the way i look at it.Pretend for a second that GWS doesn't exist now or in the future,the best time for Tom to re-sign for Melbourne would be before the season,the best time for Tom to re-sign for Tom would be after the season as he will have a better year this year than last year,barring long term injury.Players from all clubs have been doing this for years,they could sign before the season for X amount or they could wait until after the season and sign for a larger amount after having a great season and imo,Tommy is backing himself to have a great season this year and will be offered more at season's end than season's start.It's only in the Club's best interest to sign him now.

Tommy will re-sign with us after having a great season.

Edited by Jack7

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one has discussed the fact that if he is out of contract at the end of the year what is stopping Club Eddie from pouncing on him with all their cash.

In the meantime, tomorrow lets all get there and show him all the support we can. Show him why he should stay with us and be part of what Melbourne is and what it is going to become.

No one has discussed the fact that if he is out of contract at the end of the year what is stopping Club Eddie from pouncing on him with all their cash.

Because as I have repeatedly said that if we lose any player to any club that has the SAME cap as we have then we are guilty of not doing our homework - Where every club has the same cap then it is gloves off and may the best man win. GWS has a truckload more money to spend than the establishment clubs.

( as an aside - if he ends up out of contract he cant go to any club he wants ( apart from GWS). The only way any player could end up at another club of their choice is by being traded or having first pick in the drafts.

Edited by nutbean

Let's discuss it. How the hell would they fit him the cap? How the hell do they get us a decent deal?

Now let's discuss why you are rationalising the irrational.

Come on, man.

In the meantime, tomorrow lets all get there and show him all the support we can. Show him why he should stay with us and be part of what Melbourne is and what it is going to become.

The Pies are going to have enough trouble trying to fit Swan, Thomas and Pendlebury under the cap. They are a 0% chance of getting Scully.

Tom Scully said exactly what i thought he would say this morning.

He loves Melbourne and is fully contracted and ready to fire in 2011.

That is all anyone knows so far.

I have faith in Stynesy & Cameron Schwabb to put up an excellent case at seasons end for Tom to stay a one club man.

The TV rights Bonanza is not looking so great now, so GWS may find it a lot more difficult to lure young Talent away.

We are 152 years old & we are Melbourne. B)

So I've read A LOT about what people have had to say on the Tom Scully issue whilst I myself have refrained from getting too drawn in.

But his recent "presser" has finally drawn me right in.

It was beautifully done, no doubt. And what makes Tom's situation so different to the Ablett scenario is that 19-year old Tommy has publicly cleared the air as much as possible. Hise side of the story. Removing rumours. And giving subtle hints he is likely to stay.

"I want to be a one-club player and anticipate that will be the case".

"I want to repay Melbourne for the opportunities they have given me".

"I want to be part of the future (of the MFC)".

"I am dedicated to Melbourne for 2011 and beyond".

He's a stellar kid with the utmost professionalism. I've read people's thoughts regarding future captain material. No doubt. Absolutely no doubt at all.

Good luck for season 2011, Tom. Focus on the year ahead as that is of paramount importance at present. You've done your bit (over and above?) - now let Schwabby and Jimmy take care of the rest.

So I've read A LOT about what people have had to say on the Tom Scully issue whilst I myself have refrained from getting too drawn in.

It was beautifully done, no doubt. And what makes Tom's situation so different to the Ablett scenario is that 19-year old Tommy has publicly cleared the air as much as possible. Hise side of the story. Removing rumours. And giving subtle hints he is likely to stay.

He's a stellar kid with the utmost professionalism. I've read people's thoughts regarding future captain material. No doubt. Absolutely no doubt at all.

Good luck for season 2011, Tom. Focus on the year ahead as that is of paramount importance at present. You've done your bit (over and above?) - now let Schwabby and Jimmy take care of the rest.

Absolutely & we should Cheer loudly every single possession he gets in 2011 and beyond to repay OUR Faith.

Captain material for sure now.....

Exactly! Tom is an outstanding young man, and he handled himself brilliantly when confronted by the media hordes this morning.

Mike's question at the presser seemed a little strange. Journos often latch on to supposed facts. We've all been guilty of talking about hearsay comments as if they are facts. He and Eddie may look silly in the end. I hope so. Scully's answers did seem scripted but hopefully they are genuine. We are going to have be satisfied with this statement until the contract is finalised. The story won't go away but the boy is so mature and focused he should be able to play good footy this year.

Check out Mike Sheahan back-pedalling as hard as he can on the Herald-Sun website with Jon Anderson. A poster on here said they heard him say unequivocally at a golf tournament in front of a large group of people that Scully had already signed with GWS and that it was a done deal. I don't doubt that Mike did say this, I just think that maybe Mike was claiming to have knowledge when it was really only a journalist's whisper. He probably believed it himself but it just goes to show that during a time of such speculation that things reported as FACT 'aint necessarily so'.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/i-havent-spoken-to-gws-melbourne-star-tom-scully/story-e6frf9jf-1226015805893

Check out Mike Sheahan back-pedalling as hard as he can on the Herald-Sun website with Jon Anderson. A poster on here said they heard him say unequivocally at a golf tournament in front of a large group of people that Scully had already signed with GWS and that it was a done deal. I don't doubt that Mike did say this, I just think that maybe Mike was claiming to have knowledge when it was really only a journalist's whisper. He probably believed it himself but it just goes to show that during a time of such speculation that things reported as FACT 'aint necessarily so'.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/i-havent-spoken-to-gws-melbourne-star-tom-scully/story-e6frf9jf-1226015805893

I said elsewhere that I dips me lid to MS - in the footage he didnt deny what he said - and now he has changed his opinion based on what TS said. How many other journo's will say they got it wrong ?

hey mate newsflash tom scully hasnt signed

im not going to be handing around any 'told-ya-so' calls just yet

hey mate newsflash tom scully hasnt signed

im not going to be handing around any 'told-ya-so' calls just yet

Why not?

He hasn't signed yet. That is what was claimed.

Therefore 'told-ya-so's can be given to those who will take it.

Scully isn't going anywhere.

19 year old chasing money...Some don't think much of people anymore, or people just don't think much...