Bitter and twisted

drdrake

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to disagree C&B but I think Brisbane might actually take that honour at present!

No CEO and cannot find one.

$3 million loss from last year.

Salary cap that is full and they cannot make offers to their 3 best young players

because the Favola farce.

A coach who's decisions on recruiting have result in a low quality playing group.

e.g. They take Trapper and we get Grimes as a result!

Five ageing stars that will not be around in 2 years time.

On that basis the Rooos look positively healthy.

Fair call... they are 14th in attendances and 16th in memberships BTW so yes they are giving the worst club title a shake for sure. As you say their on-field future looks miserable compared to North

even though Richmond has an almost unbleievably bad on-field record at least they are 6th in attendances and 10th in memberships, that is actually quite impressive IMO

Fair call... they are 14th in attendances and 16th in memberships BTW so yes they are giving the worst club title a shake for sure. As you say their on-field future looks miserable compared to North

even though Richmond has an almost unbleievably bad on-field record at least they are 6th in attendances and 10th in memberships, that is actually quite impressive IMO

you're easily impressed. I'd take North's more recent Premierships over Richmond's 6th place in attendances. I'd also take North's list long before I looked at richmond's.

Let's just watch North Melbourne's Attendances this year.

That will be the decider of their fate....i don't hink they will make 5 years in this city.

All their profits are from Handouts with low membership.....

All their profits are from Handouts with low membership.....

sounds like another club I know but let's not look at reality when we can stick the boots in.

Edited by Roost It

sounds like another club I know but let's not look at reality when we can stick the boots in.

Not sticking the Boot in, it's reality and the kangaroos have got to face it.

Nobody goes to their games in comparison to other clubs.

If we win as many as expected the MFC will pull crowds this year.

actually we finished 8th in attendances and 11th in memberships while they were 15th in both

and I doubt anyone in the country has an MFC sympathy membership

but don't let the facts get in the way of your inferiority complex

actually we finished 8th in attendances and 11th in memberships while they were 15th in both

And through our inititives of our Administration we have $0 debt. I heard to make the mininum payments on a 5mil loan is about $600,000 pa and that only covers interest you don't even eat into the principle amount. Every year you basically are writing off $600,000.

If we compare both clubs over the past 4 years we have had very similar paths.

Off Field

Financially we were both basket cases, it looks like the MFC has is in a better position with the ontroduction of the MCG stadium deal, our Darwin match, and more importantly our Debt demoloition. North have been able to turn a profit for the past few years but still have this huge debt.

Members we have had a steady growth a peak when Jim took over but we have continued to rise, North had the Peak and feel away. Attendances once again we are getting a steady griwth as our performances get better, North once again are going the other way.

Both clubs have addressed the sub-standard training facilities both AAMI park and Arden St have brought the clubs up to AFL standard

Unfortunately, both North and Melbourne don't have a big suburb region to develope members. North put up the Stay put at Arden Street whilst MFC looks to one of the fastest growth corridors in Australia Casey. North have since looked at Ballarat but have hurt this with the Tasmanian talk and only half committing to the roosters, North if you want this to be your region cut ties with Werribee. Richmond may of trumped North with Craigeburn, if North was smart they would either fully commit to Ballarat or focus on other growth areas such as Melton or take the wind out of the Bulldogs and set up in the West, Point Cook, Werribee or even Melton. This is future planning you wouldn't expect a huge impact from the Casey region in the short term but as we become more successful it will draw young kids from that region to our club, kids love winners.

On Field

We both had aging lists that needed to be addressed. MFC went with a complete bottoming out whilst North have sat in the bottom 8, both list have enough potential to compete for a top 8 spot from 2011 on. Both supporters will argue that there lists are better, to me they are fairly even but I would rather have ours.

Lets put it succintly:

Melbourne going ^

Nth Melb is going v

It's the people who stick the boots in who have the inferiority complex but I doubt you'd be "big' enough to admit to that.

The fact remains that we too rely on handouts and have a low membership compared to the big clubs. They'd be the facts I talk of.

It's the people who stick the boots in who have the inferiority complex but I doubt you'd be "big' enough to admit to that.

The fact remains that we too rely on handouts and have a low membership compared to the big clubs. They'd be the facts I talk of.

oh really, Essendon are the 5th biggest membership base in the comp and they are only 7200 in front of us, there are 5 clubs between us and them, we could well pass them all over the next 2 years as we go from spooner to a top 4 side, we are hardly straggling far behind

and on attendance we are 8th so that is bang on average isnt it

try checking your facts

now go on trying to convince me we are carp like North i can see why you would want to do that

I actually have a lot of sympathy for the shin boners!

They are fighting against the odds with a low membership and little money.

Surely as Dees suporters We all know how that feels.

And remember they have had a lot more success than us in the last 40 years.

They are my "second team" and one of the few I do not feel bad about losing to.

Lets Have a little grace and Sympathy for the Roos.

I don't North came to Canberra and marketed themselves as a Canberra based club to AFL followers in the ACT.-Buy a affiliate membership as your second club blah blah- They milked the local government and supporters for all they were worth and [censored] off when a better deal was offered elsewhere. Not a good effort when AFL competes with every other code for members.

I don't North came to Canberra and marketed themselves as a Canberra based club to AFL followers in the ACT.-Buy a affiliate membership as your second club blah blah- They milked the local government and supporters for all they were worth and [censored] off when a better deal was offered elsewhere. Not a good effort when AFL competes with every other code for members.

Correct, sadly North will now just keep running from place to place now, and in time no one will want them. That is the reality.

Some people compare the MFC to the Kangas....Please, we are back home with the MCC and were 70 odd years old before North Joined the VFL.

Much of this thread rests on the side of a pissing contest devoid of facts or proper perspective.

The Facts are North are heavily in debt, with a small supporter base, are relying on AFL payments, but have the least pulling power in the new Broadcast rights deal.

They are a worry to us all. This year i want to see how much their supporters actually care? Will they clear that debt in a couple of years?

Someone will have to do it.....they have a lot of liabilities right now.

Edited by why you little

Over 6 million in debt Ron Joseph tells the AGM last night. With a small supporter base.

The AFL have backed them to survive, but where will that be. I am fascinated to see how where this goes.

Could have been the MFC 4 years ago....We got lucky-Let's keep it that way....

There is luck and then there is gold. We didn't get lucky, we got Jim Stynes. And he is gold.

The Facts are North are heavily in debt, with a small supporter base, are relying on AFL payments, but have the least pulling power in the new Broadcast rights deal.

They are a worry to us all. This year i want to see how much their supporters actually care? Will they clear that debt in a couple of years?

Someone will have to do it.....they have a lot of liabilities right now.

I would think North are safe for the length of the next TV rights agreement. The AFL will be contracted to provide 18 teams.

So North has that amount of time (til 2017?) to get their house in order. The AFL will prop them up until then at least.

After that? Gloves off?

The league will need 18 teams...but theres nothig to say the Kangas wont face another move( take the money ) or fold predicament.

Theres just not a lot of people who really care sufficiently about what happens to Nth anymore. Its dying a slow and painful death me thinks...somewhat sad.

The league will need 18 teams...but theres nothig to say the Kangas wont face another move( take the money ) or fold predicament.

Theres just not a lot of people who really care sufficiently about what happens to Nth anymore. Its dying a slow and painful death me thinks...somewhat sad.

Where would they relocate to?

I'm not sure Darwin could support an AFL team, neither could Ballarat.

The only option is Tasmania (albeit a good one for them).

Would Perth be able to handle a 3rd AFL team..?

Where would they relocate to?

I'm not sure Darwin could support an AFL team, neither could Ballarat.

The only option is Tasmania (albeit a good one for them).

Would Perth be able to handle a 3rd AFL team..?

Perth would be stretched I feel trying to support three. I dont know theyd take too kindly from a foreign team relocating...there just a little bit parochial over there...just a tad :rolleyes:

Tassie will be ripe for a team...they are now but it doesnt suit the AFL just yet. It might very soon. If other sources of money can be found to support a team it will save Vlad and boy wonder from having to..

Darwin or a Top end scenario is probably more a warm and fuzzy idea than a pragmatic one ( for th eforseeable future..however...watch this space )

The thing is, I just don't really know if the Tasmania move would pay off.

For the AFL that is, not necessarily the Roos.

People in tassie already follow AFL closely without having a team based there.

I'm not sure what the membership numbers are like though.

But they'd just be pinching supporters already aligned with other teams, not new supporters to the games.

Maybe more money would come in with them regularly paying to attend games and being more likely to buy memberships.

I don't know.

I doubt many Roos supporters would stop following them.

A lot may try out of principle because they relocated.

Personally, I know if the dees had have moved north, I think I'd hate it but still support them.

I just can't imagine following any other AFL team and I love the game too much.

Edited by e25

Wouldnt woory about that. Tassie is the most footy mad place ive ever seen. Its all footy and nothing else.. No silly succer..no silly riggedby etc...just footy/ Theyd lap up a team quicker than a dog with a whacko !! Plenty of footy support to go around.