2011 Intraclub Match

Reality Bus

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know where, and at what time the intraclub match is? I think I read somewhere a few weeks ago that it was scheduled for friday week, but I have not heard anything since.

Did the club announce something, and it has just flown under my radar, or is it still TBA?

Still TBA.or TBC.

I find it very annoying that they are having it on a Friday. If you are retired, unemployed or someone who has felxibility with their hours then it is fine, but the vast majority of us just have to miss out. Why not Saturday?

well hopefully they make it a twilight hit out. i'm flying in to Melbourne on friday afternoon, so it'd be awesome if it's say 6.00pm, olympic park, with a bbq for the families.

I find it very annoying that they are having it on a Friday. If you are retired, unemployed or someone who has felxibility with their hours then it is fine, but the vast majority of us just have to miss out. Why not Saturday?

+1

I loved going to last year's match in Casey. Such a positive vibe. I hope we lose our nab cup games so we can have another nab challenge down there.

+1

I loved going to last year's match in Casey. Such a positive vibe. I hope we lose our nab cup games so we can have another nab challenge down there.

Do you know for a second there....I thought you said you would like Melbourne to lose.......I hope you think irony is more than taking creases out of clothes...

+1

Yeah I love Casey too, the ground and facilities always look a million bucks, you are surrounded by demons only, and it retains that intimate suburban feel where you just stand there with a can haveing a look, its a great atmosphere. Why on Earth the club would decide to NOT provide this again this year is beyond me, they would have made a bit of coin last year on those matches too

The only thing I can think of is that they don't want to interrupt their regular regime by having a session on Sat instead of Fri.. but that's not a good enough reason for mine

There is a club poster up in the Centro shopping centre in Cranbourne stating Casey Fields on the 4th of Feb. Family Day activities commence 4.30 and the intraclub at 6 pm. My kids actually appear on the poster with Ronald Deeman (the photo was taken at last years family day). I didn't actually know they were in it until I saw it today, so there you go!

There is a club poster up in the Centro shopping centre in Cranbourne stating Casey Fields on the 4th of Feb. Family Day activities commence 4.30 and the intraclub at 6 pm. My kids actually appear on the poster with Ronald Deeman (the photo was taken at last years family day). I didn't actually know they were in it until I saw it today, so there you go!

Oh thanks a lot mate!

There goes that plan.

But it isn't about us - its about the team. We have our trip to Adelaide the following Friday, so playing a Friday night intraclub would not have been the best preparation. Looks like they were not happy with Casey turf as I had heard.

Hopefully those without work commitments can venture down to save the sanity of the rest of us.

why oh why not a saturday what a dump idea to have it on a thursday. makes no sense to me ? but what do l no l,m just a person who cant make it there thanks to living in Ballarat and working.

if a saturday would go and watch as would otheirs

Read the thread - the answer is very clear.

yes your personal opinion is always 'the answer' isn't it?

has it occurred to you that some people might be of the opinion that one day of extra prep - in fact 3 quarters of a day if you compare 6pm to say midday the next day - for a NAB CUP match is not exactly a hugely important consideration compared to having a proper supporters day, generating both financial revenue and morale amongst the supporter base? Attendance would be triple on a Saturday, poor decision from the club IMO.

has it occurred to you that some people might be of the opinion that one day of extra prep - in fact 3 quarters of a day if you compare 6pm to say midday the next day - for a NAB CUP match is not exactly a hugely important consideration compared to having a proper supporters day, generating both financial revenue and morale amongst the supporter base? Attendance would be triple on a Saturday, poor decision from the club IMO.

Has it occurred to you that the club might be of the opinion that winning the nab games in Adelaide is more important?

Yes. It is.

I also don't let my understanding of the situation be clouded by emotion.

You're obviously upset you can't attend. It's unfortunate that you can't, but the club comes first.

Has it occurred to you that the club might be of the opinion that winning the nab games in Adelaide is more important?

You're right, 6.5 days is simply not enough time for a professional athlete to recover for a practice match and the outcome of the match is so very important

Yes. It is.

I also don't let my understanding of the situation be clouded by emotion.

You're obviously upset you can't attend. It's unfortunate that you can't, but the club comes first.

actually I can go, although it will be a PITA

many, many others can't or won't though