Demon Shop/New Melbourne Jumpers

MFC4Life

G'day Demonlanders,

Long time reader, previous poster circa 2002 and life long Melbourne member.

I was in the Demon Shop this afternoon after work Christmas break-up. The place was busy as all hell. Preparation for Christmas orders to be sent, but also a dozen people in the store (everytime I have been in the past including leading up to Christmas it is always empty). Great for the club. So much so, the club appear to have currently sold out on most of the large and up sizes of polo shirts and the new media jacket.

There is a problem unfortunately with both the home and alternate new jumper by the manufacturer. The problem lies in two areas:

1)The stars on the back instead of being gold are orange in colour.

2)On the front in our new emblem, the border should be a navy blue but it is royal blue.

They are selling both the home and away jumpers for $79 in the Demon Shop. They have printed a flyer with Tom Scully explaining the problem for tomorrow's launch of the renamed Demon Shop. The bad news from what the guy was telling me is that they are not expecting the corrected jumpers to be available until April 2011 for sale.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh great.. Looks like I'll be waiting til April. The club should be filthy with this stuff up and I would hope new balance reimburse us for lost sales.

Well, I managed to order one of the retro hoodies online... although that was not without its problems as in the catalogue it mentioned sizes went to 2XL, but online they only allowed selection up to XL... a quick phone call and everything was fixed in a matter of a minute or two, so I'm a happy camper.

G'day Demonlanders,

I was in the Demon Shop this afternoon after work Christmas break-up. The place was busy as all hell. Preparation for Christmas orders to be sent, but also a dozen people in the store (everytime I have been in the past including leading up to Christmas it is always empty). Great for the club. So much so, the club appear to have currently sold out on most of the large and up sizes of polo shirts and the new media jacket.

There is a problem unfortunately with both the home and alternate new jumper by the manufacturer. The problem lies in two areas:

2)On the front in our new emblem, the border should be a navy blue but it is royal blue.

They are selling both the home and away jumpers for $79 in the Demon Shop. They have printed a flyer with Tom Scully explaining the problem for tomorrow's launch of the renamed Demon Shop. The bad news from what the guy was telling me is that they are not expecting the corrected jumpers to be available until April 2011 for sale.

Bugger, i was going to buy myself a Christmas Present, now i will wait till easter...Not Happy New Balance....at all.

G'day Demonlanders,

I hope the players don't have to wait till April to get their correct jumpers!

I wandered down to the Demon Shop this afternoon. Got there just after 1pm. The great Ronald Dale was just finishing up his book signing. The last time i was there the shop was about a third of the size and the range wasn't that crash hot. This was 2 years ago i admit. The first moment i walked i was staggered about the increase in size. The shop itself looks a lot bigger and the layout is quite spaced out. The jumpers take up the entire side wall and the clothing range is fantastic. I couldn't find any polo shirts (as they were all sold out i found out later) so i'll be picking one up later.

Purchased one of the new home jumpers for myself and my girlfriend picked up the clash strip. The clash strip looks alot better when you see it first hand and i was very tempted to go the switch. Got the number 4 on my back...

Having a look at the stars on the back they are of an orange colour and there is a royal blue border around the logo. It's not something that sticks out straight away but it's great the club have discounted the price of the jumper. I'm sure many fellow Demonlanders will be disappointed that the jumper is not 100% correct but this is the first run of a new manufacturer. For $79 i'm not that fussed.

I'll try and get some pics up on here soon.

Edited by TheOx05

G'day Demonlanders,

I've ordered two online and if they come with those problems you described I will be taking them for a refund. Not good enough. I didn't get it at a discounted price either.

Edited by Steamin Demon

Do you have a picture 'MFC4life' of the jumpers that you could upload so we could see?

Here are the pics of both jumpers with the areas in question.

The wrong shade of blue on the border of the emblem came out clearly in the pictures, the premiership stars were a little difficult to capture the orange colour that is present in the stars.

post-6542-12926486682_thumb.jpg

post-6542-129264867791_thumb.jpg

post-6542-129264869148_thumb.jpg

post-6542-129264870418_thumb.jpg

post-6542-129264871581_thumb.jpg

post-6542-129264872581_thumb.jpg

I've ordered two online and if they come with those problems you described I will be taking them for a refund. Not good enough. I didn't get it at a discounted price either.

The guy serving me in the shop told me on Friday that for anyone that has pre-ordered their jumper, they will hold off on delivery and that you will receive the corrected jumper once it is made available.

I wandered down to the Demon Shop this afternoon. Got there just after 1pm. The great Ronald Dale was just finishing up his book signing. The last time i was there the shop was about a third of the size and the range wasn't that crash hot. This was 2 years ago i admit. The first moment i walked i was staggered about the increase in size. The shop itself looks a lot bigger and the layout is quite spaced out. The jumpers take up the entire side wall and the clothing range is fantastic. I couldn't find any polo shirts (as they were all sold out i found out later) so i'll be picking one up later.

Purchased one of the new home jumpers for myself and my girlfriend picked up the clash strip. The clash strip looks alot better when you see it first hand and i was very tempted to go the switch. Got the number 4 on my back...

Having a look at the stars on the back they are of an orange colour and there is a royal blue border around the logo. It's not something that sticks out straight away but it's great the club have discounted the price of the jumper. I'm sure many fellow Demonlanders will be disappointed that the jumper is not 100% correct but this is the first run of a new manufacturer. For $79 i'm not that fussed.

I totally agree 'TheOx05'. For $79 and with the thought of having to wait to April-11 to wear our new jumper, I decided to buy both jumpers. You would have to think Melbourne would be doing everything with the manufacturer to get the corrected jumper as soon as possible and earlier than April-11 that I was quoted.

When I was in on Friday, they didn't have the alternate jumper on display yet and they were still in the plastic wrapping. As soon as I entered the store was impressed how the back wall was a homage to our home jumper. When you look at the jumper, you don't even notice the royal blue around the emblem. The orange premiership stars stand out a little, but looking at them more closely the middle of the stars has a spec of gold. It was only when I went up to the cash register to pay that the guy pointed the emblem imperfection out to me, told me the problem and mentioned the discount.

Lets hope this is not a Melbourne Football Club problem...This sits fair and square on New Balance. To now have to wait until April 2011 for the correct Batch is downright poor business.

I hope heads roll over this. This is Strong Cash Flow that we do not recieve. Grrrr.

How much for junior ones with the problem and can you order them online?

Not sure how much the junior jumpers were selling for with the discount due to the problem. Having a look at the price reduction on the adult jumpers, imagine the club would probably be selling the junior jumpers for $50.

It appears that you can only buy the problem jumpers at the Demon Shop. The online Demon Shop has changed the jumpers from the in-store to pre-order category. When you click on the jumper the website then directs you to say that the new jumpers will be available in March 2011.

The club is now also reporting that the Media Polo Shirt, Training shorts and Singlet training top are now not currently available for purchase because of a technical problem with the emblem not adhering to the fabric. They are saying that new stock of the these 3 items only will be available by mid January.

Not the greatest of starts with New Balance and also can imagine there will be a lot of disappointed people out there expecting the new home jumper to be delivered in time to give as a Christmas present. Also too as well with the promotion and re-branding of the Demon Shop today, wouldn't have been a great look. Hopefully the customer complaint to New Balance was received loud and clear the impact that this will have.

Oh great.. Looks like I'll be waiting til April. The club should be filthy with this stuff up and I would hope new balance reimburse us for lost sales.

They are disappointed. My understanding is it's not the club's fault. But the manufacturer's.

Bugger, i was going to buy myself a Christmas Present, now i will wait till easter...Not Happy New Balance....at all.

Really, it's not that noticeable, unless pointed out. I picked up a jumper Friday morning at the shop for a Xmas present. Was told about the problem prior to purchase and I had no qualms about buying it at the discount price. The blue border is nothing to me on the emblem and the stars whilst orange in colour are no concern IMO.

Good summary. The clash jumpers do look good close up.

I totally agree 'TheOx05'. For $79 and with the thought of having to wait to April-11 to wear our new jumper, I decided to buy both jumpers. You would have to think Melbourne would be doing everything with the manufacturer to get the corrected jumper as soon as possible and earlier than April-11 that I was quoted.

I support this. Did the same.

How much for junior ones with the problem and can you order them online?

Got a junior traditional/home jumper with 'no.31' on for $75.

Lets hope this is not a Melbourne Football Club problem...This sits fair and square on New Balance. To now have to wait until April 2011 for the correct Batch is downright poor business.

Thems the breaks. No use getting hot under the collar about it. Teething problems do occur from time to time. And this is a new venture in New Balance. With new designs.

I hope heads roll over this. This is Strong Cash Flow that we do not recieve. Grrrr.

Keep beating the chest WYL. That will make a difference. :rolleyes:

Teething problems occur from time to time? How comforting... who is wearing the cost of the reduced garments? Expect more from New Balance, this isn't China Discount Direct FFS.. what happened to quality control before someone pressed the green button?

People have the right to be p*ssed off over this.

This is such a small problem... I'm surprised the club are even selling the jumpers at a discount rate.

The club must be getting them heavily discounted from NB.

Honestly, things like this happen. It's life. The issues are so small that I can understand them getting by the quality controller.

I suspect most of those that are outraged also wouldn't notice the problem if it were not pointed out to them.

Good for me though (& the club) because now I'll head in to get another jumper at the discounted price, with one on the way at full price (as opposed to me just buying the one jumper).

As long as NB are wearing the costs it is all gravy. Annoying though. I'll buy one of these NQR's for my Uncle, his eyesight is pretty shot anyway.

On the positive side, they might even become collectors items in the future, at the least a good conversation piece.

When the mint make a small mistake they become valuable collectibles

A double bargain!

The guy serving me in the shop told me on Friday that for anyone that has pre-ordered their jumper, they will hold off on delivery and that you will receive the corrected jumper once it is made available.

It would have been nice for the club to let ME know as one was for a Christmas present. POOR POOR FORM FROM MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB AND NEW BALANCE. Look out the person working there tomorrow when I go down there.