Hey all

Chopper Lovell

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've given it the arse too.. all you need to know about the current day posting experience at ology is right here:

http://demonology.midnight.net.au/Index.PHP?Mode=Forum&SubMode=DisplayPosts&MessageThreadID=33647&BoardType=0

Hi Dee Flower ;)

Gee, that High Tower over there really knows his stuff.

I'm Nasher over there. :P

Welcome Chopper.

Welcome Chopper

I left too. You might remember some of my aliases there - GG, Mikey, Dedleg, Robbie, YM to name a few

Gotta few here too - rpfc, E25, Rhino and a few I'll keep secret

I'm sorta the United States of Daisy

Anyway, welcome again :):):)

hahah I knew all of them were the aliases of a single [censored]

That's nothing compared with the old days over there ...

ridiculously stupid club-bashing and/or playing-bashing OP, followed by

tedious and childish back-and-forthing including 'you said blahblahblah 3 years ago' followed by

inept moderator failing to 'control' the situation before just locking the thing

it used to be worse than that?

Welcome Chopper

I left too. You might remember some of my aliases there - GG, Mikey, Dedleg, Robbie, YM to name a few

Easy there.

I stopped posting there back in February just sick of the constant fighting, I have a look every now and then but not often.

Edited by RobbieF

ridiculously stupid club-bashing and/or playing-bashing OP, followed by

tedious and childish back-and-forthing including 'you said blahblahblah 3 years ago' followed by

inept moderator failing to 'control' the situation before just locking the thing

it used to be worse than that?

yep, there was no locking

Always, no sometimes, think it's me,

but you know I know and it's a dream.

I think I know I mean a 'Yes' but it's all wrong,

that is I think I disagree.

Edited by old55

Welcome Chopper

My popularity always wanes in the off-season...

Who mentioned popularity? Ever heard of notoriety?

Unlike the 'celebrities' of today, notoriety doesn't interest me.

I don't post things just so I can be the centre of attention. And I don't personally attack posters (On those points we are similar DC).

That's how you get notoriety on a forum.

I post the truth.

The arrogant truth.

Unlike the 'celebrities' of today, notoriety doesn't interest me.

I don't post things just so I can be the centre of attention. And I don't personally attack posters (On those points we are similar DC).

That's how you get notoriety on a forum.

I post the truth.

The arrogant truth.

Well, this thread was not meant to be about you

However, I can't agree with your thoughts on notoriety.

It doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with truth, attention seeking or poster abuse.

You can be notorious and tell the truth (arrogant or not) without being attention seeking especially if you are a frequent poster and others wish to vigorously debate your point of view.

One can be "notoriously truthful" or "notoriously abusive" or "notoriously arrogant" or . . . . . . . .

You can be a notoriously defensive at times though (as we all can be)

You can be a notoriously defensive at times though (as we all can be)

Perhaps.

But this is where Land has it over Ology.

With so many posters here the arguments had by a few don't take all the oxygen out of the debate as there is so much oxygen.

Lots of hot oxygen...

Just kidding. I enjoy it.

Most of it.

Hey everybody,

Just a note to say hi, not just to get used to this site's different format and introduce myself, but also to find the other Demonologists.

You see, I've decided to defect from Demonology. I'm sick of the infighting, but mainly have been frustrated by the lack of diversity among the membership there - no new members have been allowed to join that site in over a year and a half!!! Good way to kill a website forum. I like a lot of the people there, but the place is getting more and more boring - having only 20-odd regular posters is yawnville.

Anyway, like I said - hey.

It gets a bit dull after a while Chopper. I might pop up here a little more often too.

Yeah. 'Ologists are defecting left right and centre... and all the while the old farts that are still there whinge about demonland being too "positive."

Hardly surprising. Looks like we got the best talent from there now anyway. All that's left are the lonely old men who want to be kings of that very small universe.

Demonland's getting stronger and stronger. Long live WJ!!!

Yeah. 'Ologists are defecting left right and centre... and all the while the old farts that are still there whinge about demonland being too "positive."

Well, I for one am not defecting as such... I will continue to post there and read the discussions, as I often like the tone and there are some with a lot of knowledge of the game. Sure there are a few there who are intent on pushing their own little agendas or being disruptive just for the hell of it, but there are also many who enjoy a good open discussion and engage in the right spirit. This site is no different in that regard, but the numbers mean that the impact isn't as great. And in all the time I've been on Demonology, I can't say I've really noticed anyone whinging about Demonland being too positive - generally they have been pretty supportive, because there have always been quite a few who reside on both forums. It's a shame they can't fix the issue with allowing new members to join, as that is what is snuffing it out.

Edited by hardtack

I started out over there back in the 'Gutnick years', and in my opinion the place was a reflection on the state of the club at the time. A club split into two with massive infighting and hatred from both sides.

The arguments on 'Ology were abrasive and repetitve but worst of all they always became extremely personal. Posters were quickly labelled as either Pro or Anti Gutnick and once done you were fair game for a tirade of abuse from the opposition. It didn't matter what the thread was about, any thread would quickly get off-topic and denigrate into personal attacks and teeing off on others whilst trying to push their own personal agenda's. From memory there were a couple of posters who were in the 'inner sanctum' of the Gutnick camp.

It was exhaustive. From memory I was 'Demonheart'.

Guest hangon007

Hey everybody,

Just a note to say hi, not just to get used to this site's different format and introduce myself, but also to find the other Demonologists.

You see, I've decided to defect from Demonology. I'm sick of the infighting, but mainly have been frustrated by the lack of diversity among the membership there - no new members have been allowed to join that site in over a year and a half!!! Good way to kill a website forum. I like a lot of the people there, but the place is getting more and more boring - having only 20-odd regular posters is yawnville.

Anyway, like I said - hey.

Welcome aboard, hope you settle in quickly and enjoy your stay. Its definitely entertaining around here.

"frustrated by the lack of diversity among the membership there" - Ummmm. Very interesting point, worth noting for future reference.

Well, I for one am not defecting as such... I will continue to post there and read the discussions, as I often like the tone and there are some with a lot of knowledge of the game. Sure there are a few there who are intent on pushing their own little agendas or being disruptive just for the hell of it, but there are also many who enjoy a good open discussion and engage in the right spirit. This site is no different in that regard, but the numbers mean that the impact isn't as great. And in all the time I've been on Demonology, I can't say I've really noticed anyone whinging about Demonland being too positive - generally they have been pretty supportive, because there have always been quite a few who reside on both forums. It's a shame they can't fix the issue with allowing new members to join, as that is what is snuffing it out.

Of course it is. And yeah, fair point...

I think you'll find there's one poster who continually refers to 'land as "Strawberry Fields." Which, for those of us who get the reference, is an insult to the intelligence and knowledge of posters here. I've proudly been in the top 10 for total posts (and let's be honest, some of the were novels), so I'll take that as an affront... albeit a pissweak internet forum affront.

You make a good point though. The rest of them are good about 'land, and as the thread suggests, it seems they like the functionality, ease of use, reliability, the overall look and spacing of posts once you get used to it. From memory 'land was recently ranked in the top 10 for best footy sites, and for good reason. For all my problems and fights with the mods, when you compare it to bigfooty, they do a bang up job. The carry on that happened over at 'ology 6 months ago or so would never have escalated that far here.

Of course it is. And yeah, fair point...

I think you'll find there's one poster who continually refers to 'land as "Strawberry Fields."

TGR? A strange fruit that one, but can be entertaining on the odd occasion :-)

The carry on that happened over at 'ology 6 months ago or so would never have escalated that far here.

That would be Redlegs... who incidentally does post on here; I had an "encounter" with him here a few months ago, but can't remember his Demonland moniker (but he is definitely NOT the person who posts as Redlegs here).

Never been a Demonology fan. Had a look at both sites over half a decade ago, and have never regretted my decision to become a Demonland resident instead of a Demonology resident.

Welcome Chopper.

I started out over there back in the 'Gutnick years', and in my opinion the place was a reflection on the state of the club at the time. A club split into two with massive infighting and hatred from both sides.

The arguments on 'Ology were abrasive and repetitve but worst of all they always became extremely personal. Posters were quickly labelled as either Pro or Anti Gutnick and once done you were fair game for a tirade of abuse from the opposition. It didn't matter what the thread was about, any thread would quickly get off-topic and denigrate into personal attacks and teeing off on others whilst trying to push their own personal agenda's. From memory there were a couple of posters who were in the 'inner sanctum' of the Gutnick camp.

It was exhaustive. From memory I was 'Demonheart'.

There are still two camps over there but they're no longer associated with the Gutnick era just opposing views on almost everything, it's reached the stage where anytime you post, no matter how innocuous your post is, someone will use it to jump down your throat. It's just not worth the aggro; it was mentally draining continually arguing with someone you didn't even know.

I will say however there are some very good people over there and unfortunately they won't migrate here because the believe the audience is too young. Personally I like the fact that some of the younger posters have first hand knowledge of the recruits coming through.

Edited by RobbieF