The Demon Times

Salems Lot

(The mail arrived today with a letter from the Club for my 6 year old. It is a membership renewal in the style of a fake news paper with several made up articles that have merged my son's name into the text, E.G. "Smith"(not his real name) lets the Demon Out"

It describes how Jimmy has backed my son to take the club to another level etc. "People talk of the likes of Scully, Trengove, Watts and Jurrah being the future of our club but we also need to celebrate young Smith." etc.

He also gets a mention in the team news alongside TMR, Chip et al as being the X Factor and even gets talked up as a potential captain by Bailey in "Captaincy Whispers". Needless to say, he is totally blown away and I had a great laugh.

Every step the club takes seems to be in the right direction and these sorts of membership drives are fantastic. He can't wait for his flashing horns to arrive and I can't wait for the season to start

GO DEES!!

(The mail arrived today with a letter from the Club for my 6 year old. It is a membership renewal in the style of a fake news paper with several made up articles that have merged my son's name into the text, E.G. "Smith"(not his real name) lets the Demon Out"

It describes how Jimmy has backed my son to take the club to another level etc. "People talk of the likes of Scully, Trengove, Watts and Jurrah being the future of our club but we also need to celebrate young Smith." etc.

He also gets a mention in the team news alongside TMR, Chip et al as being the X Factor and even gets talked up as a potential captain by Bailey in "Captaincy Whispers". Needless to say, he is totally blown away and I had a great laugh.

Every step the club takes seems to be in the right direction and these sorts of membership drives are fantastic. He can't wait for his flashing horns to arrive and I can't wait for the season to start

GO DEES!!

The whole notion of Father & son going to the Footy each weekend is what it's all about.

My dad is 75 and i am in my late 40's and we still meet up at the MCC for every Melbourne game, have done for years-and i can't see us stopping whilst we are both breathing.

Kids are the Life Blood of our future, something past administrations seemed to overlook.

In the next decade i expect to see loads of "new" demons walking the corridors of the MCG on any given winter weekend.

The whole notion of Father & son going to the Footy each weekend is what it's all about.

My dad is 75 and i am in my late 40's and we still meet up at the MCC for every Melbourne game, have done for years-and i can't see us stopping whilst we are both breathing.

Kids are the Life Blood of our future, something past administrations seemed to overlook.

In the next decade i expect to see loads of "new" demons walking the corridors of the MCG on any given winter weekend.

Don't forget Fathers and daughters. I'm now early 60's and through my dad's membership he started my family in the regular ritual. In those days he got two ladies tickets and with a few others our family of five went through the golden years. Mum eventually stopped when she got sick of dad's smart alex yelling. I can still remember some of his comments and try to emulate him, Great memories. I started my two daughters early and they made the 'G' a second home. They are now late twneties and both members and while they don't always get there we txtmssge throughout the game. Sensational at family gatherings when the conversation gets on to all the great times we had when going as a family in their upbringing. A lot of laughs and sentiment. We love the bond of the dee's and the G.

Don't forget Fathers and daughters. I'm now early 60's and through my dad's membership he started my family in the regular ritual. In those days he got two ladies tickets and with a few others our family of five went through the golden years. Mum eventually stopped when she got sick of dad's smart alex yelling. I can still remember some of his comments and try to emulate him, Great memories. I started my two daughters early and they made the 'G' a second home. They are now late twneties and both members and while they don't always get there we txtmssge throughout the game. Sensational at family gatherings when the conversation gets on to all the great times we had when going as a family in their upbringing. A lot of laughs and sentiment. We love the bond of the dee's and the G.

Yep, great times. My grandfather went to the footy with my great-grandfather, my dad went with my grandfather, I still go with my dad and now my 2 daughters go with me (no choice - they got their Demon Times today too). All going for the Dees of course!

You guys are so luck. I never got to experience that..

That's great to hear anyway dud bro, I would've wet my pants if I had of read that when I was a child.

The heart-ache the following week when I didn't get to join my 'team mates' out on the MCG would have probably been damaging though. Keep a lid on expectations is all i'm saying..:)

Sorry Daughters are cool as well!! But the Father/son at the 'G is like spending time in the back shed. Special moment's!!!! B)

Yep, great times. My grandfather went to the footy with my great-grandfather, my dad went with my grandfather, I still go with my dad and now my 2 daughters go with me (no choice - they got their Demon Times today too). All going for the Dees of course!

Awesome keep it up, it's so important. It's the main reason Jimma stood up to save this Beautiful Club.

That's great to hear anyway dud bro, I would've wet my pants if I had of read that when I was a child.

The heart-ache the following week when I didn't get to join my 'team mates' out on the MCG would have probably been damaging though. Keep a lid on expectations is all i'm saying..:)

This is a perfect example of why the club needs to sort out a permanent social club, so that all Demon Fans can meet post or pre Game. to debrief or to just be together as one.

Wish it could be the Melbourne Town Hall!!! that would be just perfect....

Same here. One of the things I really regret about my parents splitting up when I was little is that I don't get to go to the footy with my dad.

I totally understand.....

My parents hadn't split at the time, but Dad was ALWAYS at work. We lived in Tasmania at the time and he NEVER once saw me play a game or watched a game together. I kicked the winning grand final goal (a reverse banana from beside the point post) one year, looked up to see Mum there clapping, and Dad nowhere to be seen. Now I take my boys every week, and never miss and Auskick session. Every year when the draw is released I book flights to an interstate game for a long weekend away with them. Next year is Brisbane. They love it and still talk about them and remember them years later.

It is because of my dear old dad that i went for the mighty DEMONS. The first time i saw Robbie Flower run the wing of the M.C.G i was hooked. It would be great if the club could find some closed down pub or something like that in the city or close to the city so we can all have a social club. :wub:

This thread embodies why we owe Jimmy an eternal debt of gratitude.

My father, uncles and associated offspring would all go to the footy. We'd return to our home for casserole dinners around the TV watching the replay (just in case anything changed) in B&W on Channel 7. Football and MFC has been life ever since. My son was born 7-weeks premature and was in a humidi-crib. I had him signed-up as a member within 10 hours of birth. My wife asked if I had my priorities right. I most definitely did.

Thanks again Jimmy!

It is because of my dear old dad that i went for the mighty DEMONS. The first time i saw Robbie Flower run the wing of the M.C.G i was hooked. It would be great if the club could find some closed down pub or something like that in the city or close to the city so we can all have a social club. :wub:

We will just have to keep reminding the club about a social club won't we 13th. I think it is really important going forward. Doesn't need to be flash. A good steak, Parma or Roast on the menu, a bar and a few TV screens playing either live or replayed MFC games (even some old footage-so the kids can see R Flower when he played) B)

I know we have 2 social clubs, Leighoak & Bentleigh, but they are so far out of the way.

We will need the Melbourne board & the MCC to arrange a room at the G for Melbourne members to get together after a Melbourne games, just like the filth have in the Ponsford stand.

It has to be at the G.

Sorry Daughters are cool as well!! But the Father/son at the 'G is like spending time in the back shed. Special moment's!!!! B)

well l have no son's so l don't no what thats like.

but l go to the M.C.G with my mother inlaw , wife and 4 daughters we drive for over a hour to get to the games .

they go to all the family days and footy clinics .

we have heaps of special moments at the game.

and to tell you the truth l have more fun now then when l was 16 going with mates :)

well l have no son's so l don't no what thats like.

but l go to the M.C.G with my mother inlaw , wife and 4 daughters we drive for over a hour to get to the games .

they go to all the family days and footy clinics .

we have heaps of special moments at the game.

and to tell you the truth l have more fun now then when l was 16 going with mates :)

That's Great to hear Mate, let's hope in the next decade we have heaps more fun with Family and the club B)

Shame my dad's Collingwood.

Come join us in the boat of heartache and dispair. Ye shall be captain.

That must be one of the hardest things to ever live through. We are here, if you ever need to talk about it..

What part of the united states are you from deemus ? You speak american english like a native. You must be sooo cool.

Kids are kids

Back in August my 27 year old daughter was playing hockey in Bendigo. She called and asked if I wanted to go with her , like old times when we had our bonding times going to her weekend sport. 'Another bonding trip dad'? Of course I went. Shed, car, golf course, in front of TV, or at the G, whether its son or daughter, bonding is bonding. I don't see the difference.

Kids are kids

Back in August my 27 year old daughter was playing hockey in Bendigo. She called and asked if I wanted to go with her , like old times when we had our bonding times going to her weekend sport. 'Another bonding trip dad'? Of course I went. Shed, car, golf course, in front of TV, or at the G, whether its son or daughter, bonding is bonding. I don't see the difference.

Don't take it so seriously, kids are kids and yes bonding is bonding. I can only mention my own experiences, i have no sisters or daughters. I got my dad.

Nice thread all... Good to hear some positivity in one of these threads for once.

The Social Club idea has got me thinking, even if it was an unofficial thing to start with, anything Club related would take a long time to set up, but yes, somewhere to sit and have a beer before and/or after the game that is within walking distance to the ground would be a great thing. Its rare to ever see an establishment/pub (in my experiences anyway) dominated by the red and blue colours, and if there was such a thing I would be rapt to visit.

What happened there!!!!!!

The Melbourne comes from my mum's side of the family, Collingwood from my dad's.

Grandfather on my mum's side always used to say 'Up the Dees, down the Pies', so I guess that's why I'm Melbourne. Unless it was just natural instinct of picking the best club.

The Melbourne comes from my mum's side of the family, Collingwood from my dad's.

Grandfather on my mum's side always used to say 'Up the Dees, down the Pies', so I guess that's why I'm Melbourne. Unless it was just natural instinct of picking the best club.

Excellent that you have stood your ground. My step dad is Collingwood and my Brother St.kilda, and we both finally congratulated him (quietly) just last weekend!!

Sorry i just cannot wish Filth supporters Good Luck, as if they need any more encouragement!

Edited by why you little