NFL

Dappa Dan

Draft is done and dusted. Bring on the season.

Reckon the Rams have a tough draw, think if we do pretty well it’s a 10-6 year and could see Seattle doing as well.

Dont know much on our picks as I don’t watch a lot of college ball, but hoping for some good picks.

• 3 months later...

So how is everyone feeling about their teams for this season. 

Havibg Kupp back for us is huge! Hurley training is a good sign and the fact Henderson is getting first team reps when Gurley isn’t training means he will be comfortable with this in front and around him come game day.

Our D looks solid again with a more focussed run D on the cards. Still think we have an insanely hard draw but just gotta win our division. We may not win enough for a wildcard.

• Like 2

Aaaaand we are almost back! This time last year the season snuck up on us as the Dees were right in the mix. 

Hanging out for the season to start this year! Don't know what to expect from my mob, always have the potency on offense but the defense is always suspect but we get key players back who missed most of the last season. I'd like to think we can push New Orleans for the divison but you never know what your going to get in this league. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JV7 said:

Aaaaand we are almost back! This time last year the season snuck up on us as the Dees were right in the mix. 

Hanging out for the season to start this year! Don't know what to expect from my mob, always have the potency on offense but the defense is always suspect but we get key players back who missed most of the last season. I'd like to think we can push New Orleans for the divison but you never know what your going to get in this league. 

Brees and Thomas will mean that NO will be a threat. Panthers and Buccs are interesting either could be good or bad. 

Injuries over the next 4 weeks will be crucial. We just lost Lawler who is a loss at DE but the fact he gets slotted across that whole line means the loss of flexibility is what truly hurts.

• 3 weeks later...

3 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Luck announces his retirement effective immediately.

This [censored] over the colts.

That is a stunning development.  I'd half expect him to be back in 12 months if he can get his body & mind right. 

He's only 30 and 12 months off will allow enough time for his injuries to heal which in turn should help with to get his mind clear.  The other thing about Luck is that he lives eats and breathes all things NFL.

I wish him all the best and hope he returns

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Macca said:

That is a stunning development.  I'd half expect him to be back in 12 months if he can get his body & mind right. 

He's only 30 and 12 months off will allow enough time for his unjuries to heal which in turn should help with to get his mind clear.  The other thing about Luck is that he lives eats and breathes all things NFL.

I wish him all the best and hope he returns

Yeah huge shock. I read an article last week about the fact he was avoiding his own medical staff with what was ailing him and would not train in front of his teammates, so def more a mind thing than a body I reckon.

• Like 1

Some teams have all the Luck. 

Going from Manning to Luck was one of the greatest moments of fortune in NFL history and the Colts just ruined him with an awful GM and no protection. The poor guy's has been belted for years and has had enough. Although you wonder what the heck is going on with his ankle - high ankle sprain, calf strain and something else all at once???

I hope he gets right and makes a come back but I'd bet against it. 

I think he's burnt out - remember he would've been a prodigy from high school to college to the NFL. 15 years or so of being the man. Of not messing up. It's a lot of pressure. 

So his ankle gets better and then he just comes marching back in? I don't think he'll want to do that to the Colts.

By the way - Jacoby Brissett might be good enough to keep the team together, he's a very good player, but keep an eye out for Swag Kelly. That's a guy with NFL level talent if his head is right.

Not far off peeps! Amped for another big season and plenty of discussions to be had!

The Andrew Luck news was surprising to say the least. Generational talent and I was a big fan. As Deespencer mentioned he has taken a battering for so long now playing behind mediocre lines. I’d love to see him give it another crack but I’d say that’s probably it, all the best to him he seems like a decent guy.

Been watching the new season of Hard Knocks which is on the Raiders this year and it's been enjoyable. Gruden is such a great coach for TV viewing :) 

• Like 1

AFC East
New England
NY Jets
Miami
Buffalo

AFC North
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Cincinnati

AFC South
Houston Texans
Tennessee
Indianapolis
Jacksonville

AFC West
Kansas City
LA Chargers
Oakland
Denver

AFC Wild Cards - Chargers & Steelers

NFC East
Dallas
Philadelphia
Washington
NY Giants

NFC North
Chicago
Minnesota
Green Bay
Detroit

NFC South
New Orleans
Atlanta
Carolina
Tampa Bay

NFC West
LA Rams
San Francisco
Seattle
Arizona

NFC Wild Cards - Atlanta & Minnesota

Edited by JV7
  • Like 1

Here's a treat for you NFL fans

Sports Illustrated NFL Preview

(click on 'Activate Links',  then 'Novafile',  then 'I am not a Robot',  then 'Slow Download') ... wait 90 seconds then your download link will appear.  It's all on the up & up (and free)

You can then read the magazine through Adobe Acrobat or your choice of other readers. 

Whilst I'm here ... the tipping comp again? 

3 road winners in any given week is the task at hand (for those new to this thread)  Various points are on offer as we work our way through the season in order to find an overall winner.  Easy as pie (apparently!)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JV7 said:

Anyone else seen ESPN is no longer doing RedZone ? It appears the NFL haven't given the rights to try and force internationals into buying game pass!

Yeah that is super crud. But not unexpected. 

Sucks being in the country with terrible internet, bu5 seems Foxtel with have 3 games on the Monday.

• Like 1

image.png.fa198b2b7493724123581adb8a9d0dc0.png

Post Season Tipping Competition

Year              Winner                           Runners up                     3rd place

2018            Gorgoroth                      Go the Biff                       DeeSpencer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017             Macca                           Clintosaurus                    Go the Biff/

JV7/

Gorgoroth

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016             Gorgoroth/                     JV7                                  Clintosaurus

Macca  

2015             JV7/                                cowboy_from_hell         Gorgoroth/

Macca                                                                       DeeSpencer

2014              JV7/                                pantaloons                    Gorgoroth/

Go the Biff                                                              Macca

2013             titan_uranus                  DemonDave                   cowboyfhell/

Macca

Regular Season Tipping Competition

Year               Winner                           Runners up                     3rd place

2018              DeeSpencer                 Clintosaurus,                  Gorgoroth,

Dappa Dan                       Dee Zephyr,

Macca                        

2017              Clintosaurus                 Go the Biff                      Dappa Dan

2016              Gorgoroth                     cowboy_from_hell          Clintosaurus/

DeeSpencer

2015              Gorgoroth                      cowboy_from_hell/         Macca

JV7/

DeeSpencer

2014              Dappa Dan                     DeeSpencer                    Gorgoroth

2013              cowboy_from_hell/       pantaloons/                    Gorgoroth

Strafford                         Macca

Overall Medal Tally

Gold        Silver     Bronze

Gorgoroth                     4              0               6

Macca                           3               1              4                         

JV7                                2               2              1

----------------------------------------------------

cowboy_from_hell       1               3              1

DeeSpencer                 1                2              3

Clintosaurus                 1               2              2

Go the Biff                     1               2              1

Dappa Dan                    1               1              1

Strafford                        1               0              0

titan_uranus                  1               0              0

pantaloons                    0               2              0

DemonDave                  0               1              0

Dee Zephyr                    0               0              1 

Tipping comp time again ... easy to play,  just pick 3 road teams to win from 3 picks.  Most week's there is 1 point on offer for getting all 3 correct but we have a number of bonus weeks where 2 points are up for grabs with the final week carrying 3 points.

All tips must be in before the games start for your particular tips.  No changing tips or editing allowed.  As stated,  it's a very easy process apart from getting them right!

Missing a week or 2 or starting late may not necessarily effect your chances of winning ... there are numerous weeks when no one gets a point or points.  However, the bonus weeks are where the comp is usually won & decided.

Bonus weeks are week's  2, 5,  7,  9,  11,  13,  15 & 17 where 2 points are on offer with week 17 worth 3 points. 

If we can 5 or 6 starters it's a goer. 

Just post up a yes if interested

@Dee Zephyr  @DemonDave  @pantaloons  @titan_uranus  @Strafford 

@Dappa Dan  @Go the Biff  @Clintosaurus  @DeeSpencer  @cowboy_from_hell 

@layzie  @JV7  @Dr. Gonzo  @Cards13  @Wadda We Sing  @daisycutter  @beelzebub 

• Like 3

On 8/29/2019 at 9:05 PM, JV7 said:

Anyone else seen ESPN is no longer doing RedZone ? It appears the NFL haven't given the rights to try and force internationals into buying game pass!

I'm just going to stream RedZone then ... I can't go without JV.  I won't!

Still,  as Gorg pointed out,  Foxtel covering 3 games is good news whilst it looks like the 7Network will cover 2 games (early & late Sunday games?) 

As for the divisional outcomes,  I'm out of the loop a bit so I might have a go on the weekend.  Packers could battle a bit this season.  Maybe 8-9 wins but we're up against it.

Good pipe-opener though (Friday 10.20am)  ... Packers @ Bears.  The teams and fans hate each other so it'll be game on!  Packers have to keep it close and hope that Rodgers does his magic.  Bears could be good though. 

The oldest rivalry - bring it on!