Cameron Bruce (ouch)

GRUN DEE

why don't you have a crack at answering the question i just asked E25 - it was a response to his earlier post that said exactly what you have just repeated

Perhaps you can redirect the question to me personally. What was it again?

And E25's words are not exactly what I've said. Perhaps we have different ways to get to similar opinions.

Sad to see some supporters still putting Bruce above our club just to make a point. Defending this guy to the death when he abandoned us to play for a club that just loves humiliating us.

The last time I was on this thread it was a different topic but if we are judging the career of Cam Bruce - I will say he was an elite runner with adequate skills who could definitely go forward a kick a goal, go back and do a job, go to a wing and find the footy. A bit of a jack of all trades, master of you know what...

But he was a very good accumulator of possies and that is/was valuable.

He was on serious coin, which was no fault of his - we had to pay somebody. In terms of value for money...

That's a misnomer too, in that whether you come 1st or last you have to pay 92.5% of around $8m. So the value for money changes as the ladder changes.

Last word: Could have been anything if it wasn't for Guerra. Great three weeks (8 BW votes) and never recaptured his ability to get the hard ball after that.

Last word: Could have been anything if it wasn't for Guerra. Great three weeks (8 BW votes) and never recaptured his ability to get the hard ball after that.

I would put this comment on his footballing tombstone.

maybe we did have a shyzen list, it was still average though, 5 finals appearances out of 10.. nevertheless do you agree that nobody, apart from Neitz, Macca and Green, has contributed more to the club in the last 10 years? If you don't agree name the other players

Aaron Davey and Jeff White.

Others only don't make this list because they don't spam enough of the specific time period.

Bruce goes in a similar box to Robertson, who by the end of his career I despised.

He wasn't 31 in 2007 he is now.

If you want me to spell it out for you, he is or was at least was our highest paid player and he was still going to be in the highest bracket if he had signed on for another year. Well, if you look at the last three years he has gone from 1st to 3rd to 6th in the B&F and his form would conceivably have gone down hill this year, so how should the club treat someone in that situation?

Gee, isn't 31 really old!!!!!Time for age pension?

No need to clutch at straws. I didn't say corruption. Only said "saving face". The club got mutton when they thought they were buying lamb. Dressing mutton as lamb to justify the price.

Have the courtesy to read carefully what you said and don't try and worm your way out by attempting to change to 'saving face'. You didn't use the word corruption but you certainly implied it. What's with the 'america' bit by the way? Don't tell me you are a yank. You are the one clutching at straws to be frank.

Bobby .. If as you assert Cuddles didn't show Cam the love then why the charade at seasons end ?

Do you contend it really was indignity towards Junior (and I'll contend by that to himself also) at the end that caused him to walk ?

Would you have that Bruce( if possible in the proxy of Nixon) was not already of the mind to leave the club mid season ?

Do you think he was hard done by ?

Do you think he (CB) would / ought to be playing 2012/2013 , if fit, for the Dees ?

Right let's answer your Q's

1. At no point have I said that CC caused Cam to go. I merely stated that in my one short meeting with Connolly he was abrasive and off hand. Please read my post if you doubt this.

2. Junior was a mate and Bruce was not pleased at our dismissal of junior. Btw remember my belief, he didn't just walk as many would believe. There is far more to it that none of us and the media have a clue about. I guess it will come out one day.

3. No, he played his guts out in the last half of the season. Why would he bother if he was off to Hawthorn? He even picked up 2 Brownlow votes in the last game.

4. Definitely yes.

5. Barring serious injury he could have still been playing for the Dees for at least the next 3 years. He is a very, very fit guy. Even his bashers can't dispute that. Our self inflicted loss of experience is going to show next season. Don't expect any more than 7- 8 wins. Hope I'm very wrong here.

Gee, isn't 31 really old!!!!!Time for age pension?

Don't be such a dill.

How do other clubs treat their over 30 players, I dare say the same as we do and the reason for that is that form can drop off dramatically from year to year once they reach that age. How many players have gone on one year too many and how many who have been forced to retire come to realise years later that it was for the best. If you don't understand that then you don't understand the nature of our game.

You obsession with Cam is unhealthy; are you related? Let it go he has gone and is now part of the enemy.

Perhaps you can redirect the question to me personally. What was it again?

And E25's words are not exactly what I've said. Perhaps we have different ways to get to similar opinions.

Sad to see some supporters still putting Bruce above our club just to make a point. Defending this guy to the death when he abandoned us to play for a club that just loves humiliating us.

The question was directly above your post

Nobody is putting Bruce before the club. My personal opinion is that the club stuffed up and we would have been better off having him around for another couple, but I don't know the facts so I back the club as they have done almost every other thing right since Bails/Connolly/Schwab/Stynes came in. What I am arguing now is the ridiculous revisionism that goes on when people talk about Bruce's career. Even his biggest detractor can only name 5 players better than him in the last decade ffs

Aaron Davey and Jeff White.

Others only don't make this list because they don't spam enough of the specific time period.

Bruce goes in a similar box to Robertson, who by the end of his career I despised.

You can't name Davey (3 top10s vs Bruce's 10) but obviously AD has several good years left. White... surely not.. prime ruckman of the comp for a little bit...

In any case you have now agreed Bruce is the 6th best player of the decade, a bloke you called "a pathetic excuse for a footballer"

You can't name Davey (3 top10s vs Bruce's 10) but obviously AD has several good years left. White... surely not.. prime ruckman of the comp for a little bit...

In any case you have now agreed Bruce is the 6th best player of the decade, a bloke you called "a pathetic excuse for a footballer"

A bad attack of hyperbole is generally a sign of argumentative desperation

Stupid comments like that are not worthy of argument