Tall recruit options?

dee-luded

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dee's should chase Jacobs hard. Warnock the likely!

Adelaide and Port in box seat though...

Or

Jacobs to Port

Warnock to Carlton

Trengrove to Melbourne

That would be pretty good but I think that Port would feel a but stiff though considering how highly rated trengove is over there... May need to include a couple of pick swaps...

A young footballer in the mould of JW would be ideal- around the 194 mark, athletic, take no nonsense approach, play back or forward is what I have been saying we need for several years now. I am sure our FD will draft someone similar this draft.Pleny of good young colts playing tomorrow-come and watch them along at Visy Park with our FD in attendance..

Edited by jayceebee31

A young footballer in the mould of JW would be ideal- around the 194 mark, athletic, take no nonsense approach, play back or forward is what I have been saying we need for several years now. I am sure our FD will draft someone similar this draft.Pleny of good young colts playing tomorrow-come and watch them along at Visy Park with our FD in attendance..

Do you mean JT?

I'd rather keep jones than get Jesse white. don't really rate him, gets dropped a lot bc he just isn't a very good footballer

We will never get J.White but in all honesty he is exactly what we need.... a big bodied athletic forward who works hard and can be a 2nd ruckman.

Is the absolute ideal choice for our side..... but as I said, we would not be able to pry him away as he is their direct replacement when Bradshaw retires.

We will never get J.White but in all honesty he is exactly what we need.... a big bodied athletic forward who works hard and can be a 2nd ruckman.

Is the absolute ideal choice for our side..... but as I said, we would not be able to pry him away as he is their direct replacement when Bradshaw retires.

IMO we don't need that Style of Big Forward as we have Martin & Fitzpatrick that Might grow into that type.

What we don't have is a cam Mooney type or if you like, a Schwartz type Power Forward.

Imo we need another mobile Ox. Not Q Lynch, but more mobile, like Chris Dawes.

Wishful thinking I'm afraid. Swans would want more from that deal..

Would they? A player who is dropped for a 32 year old that hasn't played AFL for many weeks. Our boy a regular every week.

PS. I hope Jones is still with us next year as he performs the same role as Beamer but is less injury prone.

IMO we don't need that Style of Big Forward as we have Martin & Fitzpatrick that Might grow into that type.

What we don't have is a cam Mooney type or if you like, a Schwartz type Power Forward.

Dawes isn't that much more mobile than White.

A mobile tall forward, Watts, Jurrah, and Green would trip over each other in the forward line.

I think Bails wants a big lump to do what Jamar does from time to time, in the goal square hitting a pack.

Jesse White is probably exactly what Bailey has in mind, Gawn might be a chance to be this, maybe Fitzpatrick. Martin can't kick, and therefore should not be groomed as a FF/FP.

I would go hard after White, especially after his omission from the semi. That stuff hurts.

Let's hope Longmire doesn't see White as part of his plans.

He would be crazy if he didn't. Bradshaw is an great player but only has so long left in his career. White should be able to learn plenty from Bradshaw whilst he is still playing at the swans.

As I intimated earlier a younger J.Waite is what we need.An athltic player whom is versatile .

I really hope we end up drafting Tom Lynch.

Obviously I think best available is the way to go, but I think at pick 12 he's likely to be that and he'd fit our needs very well.

I've got a feeling about this kid...

I really hope we end up drafting Tom Lynch.

Obviously I think best available is the way to go, but I think at pick 12 he's likely to be that and he'd fit our needs very well.

I've got a feeling about this kid...

He started off like a top 15 pick but faded like a pricked ballon yesterday. May become a champion but would need a few pre seasons to achieve best results. Even further behind than Jack Watts was before drafting him is my opinion after really studying him against the Cannons.Watson really cleaned him up after going onto him in the last half of the game. Another teammate Elton also faded.Todd Elton is a bottom aged ruckman whom will be a poosible GWS draft if not a leading draftee next year.Talls are not as scarse as the last few years ,so we should be able to pick up a class draftee.

Dawes isn't that much more mobile than White.

A mobile tall forward, Watts, Jurrah, and Green would trip over each other in the forward line.

I think Bails wants a big lump to do what Jamar does from time to time, in the goal square hitting a pack.

Jesse White is probably exactly what Bailey has in mind, Gawn might be a chance to be this, maybe Fitzpatrick. Martin can't kick, and therefore should not be groomed as a FF/FP.

I would go hard after White, especially after his omission from the semi. That stuff hurts.

I know Dawes isn't another Schwartz, but has more athletic ability than Q Lynch as my comparison. I previously had doubts about Dawes as I saw him as a 197cm player with no athletic ability like the Q, but that was an assumption I got wrong, he's smaller than I thought & a bit more athletic.

But, still not enough for what we ideally want.

I just don't see the Swannies letting one of there's go. Jesse white I think will stay there.

If we want that type, a big lump, then why not Q then, he'd be cheap & shorter term. We can grow our own in the interim.

As I intimated earlier a younger J.Waite is what we need.An athletic player whom is versatile .

Absolutely, totally agree. But we also lack natural aggression in many of our players, we'll need some of that, they can't all be quire boys.

We''l need some guys who'll stand the crap.

He started off like a top 15 pick but faded like a pricked ballon yesterday. May become a champion but would need a few pre seasons to achieve best results. Even further behind than Jack Watts was before drafting him is my opinion after really studying him against the Cannons.Watson really cleaned him up after going onto him in the last half of the game. Another teammate Elton also faded.Todd Elton is a bottom aged ruckman whom will be a poosible GWS draft if not a leading draftee next year.Talls are not as scarse as the last few years ,so we should be able to pick up a class draftee.

I really want Watson @ the DEES. He could be our Brian Lake, if he has the off the mark speed. Perfect rotation for Frawley & could push forward as Lake does to pinch hit. He'd be ideal in couple with Zac Fitzgerald, the mobile kid who could play both ends according to matchups.

IMO I think I'd take those boys with my picks, Watson first, then Fitzgerald at the appropriate time (2nd pick or 3rd pick)? 2 interchangeable key players.

I hope we trade In,, another early pick.

But we still need some more aggro, Fitzgerald won't give that I think.

Edited by dee-luded

I know Dawes isn't another Schwartz, but has more athletic ability than Q Lynch as my comparison. I previously had doubts about Dawes as I saw him as a 197cm player with no athletic ability like the Q, but that was an assumption I got wrong, he's smaller than I thought & a bit more athletic.

But, still not enough for what we ideally want.

I just don't see the Swannies letting one of there's go. Jesse white I think will stay there.

If we want that type, a big lump, then why not Q then, he'd be cheap & shorter term. We can grow our own in the interim.

Maybe, but my first option would be to out and try to land someone younger...and better.

Absolutely, totally agree. But we also lack natural aggression in many of our players, we'll need some of that, they can't all be quire boys.

We''l need some guys who'll stand the crap.

Then we pick Darling up first, then a tall versatile then a small running defender.Do you agree now ?.

Then we pick Darling up first, then a tall versatile then a small running defender.Do you agree now ?.

Darling has the aggression but I'm not sold on him either. I don't know much about him other than what posters have written and from the papers.

I'm concerned, 1/ that he's too short, & does he have enough straight line speed to lead?

2/ Does he have enough sensability?

3/ Because of these doubts, I'm not sure if he should be the best pick @ our pick. (Remember Natinui)

I'd still prefer the doctor, Watson,,, he could play Key Back or be that big body forward when required. >>> 195cms - 98KG's - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX-ew8-9GAo

But that doesn't stop us grabbing a big Q cheap through the draft to play while the draftee matures.

Watson or if not,,, Cook/Lynch.

Edited by dee-luded

I'd still look at David Hale. Hasn't had the best couple of years but is still only 26 and a 2 metre + ruckman/forward. Would have to give up a lot less now than we would have two years ago because of this.

Under contract at North but reportedly looking to go elsewhere as he is behind McIntosh (who I rate extremely highly) and Goldstein.

darling i think is the way to go with pick number one in this years draft. need a big strong forward. i think hale could also help as an improvement on pj while gawn developes. so maybe trade him in. then need to look at a replacement for bartram. need someone who can shut down the small opposition forward and be able to use the footy well when going the other way. The best result here would be for bartram to improve his kicking and decision making. but it needs a lot of work. then a running defender that can provide some really good attack. also need players that can perform that negating role in the centre as well and that can go with the best oposition mid to fill juniors void. There are still quite a few holes on our list yet. i think we will fill these over the next 3 years without creating other holes as more players retire. we still have a young list. in that time i can only see maybe bruce, green and rivers and davey starting to come to an end and then you look at replacing that type again after our initial needs are filled.

darling i think is the way to go with pick number one in this years draft. need a big strong forward. i think hale could also help as an improvement on pj while gawn developes. so maybe trade him in. then need to look at a replacement for bartram. need someone who can shut down the small opposition forward and be able to use the footy well when going the other way. The best result here would be for bartram to improve his kicking and decision making. but it needs a lot of work. then a running defender that can provide some really good attack. also need players that can perform that negating role in the centre as well and that can go with the best oposition mid to fill juniors void. There are still quite a few holes on our list yet. i think we will fill these over the next 3 years without creating other holes as more players retire. we still have a young list. in that time i can only see maybe bruce, green and rivers and davey starting to come to an end and then you look at replacing that type again after our initial needs are filled.

If Darling recovers fully from his injuries I can't see him slipping past pick 8. I think that the best comparison of the way that he plays is Aaron Hammil (Saints and Carlton).

Hale could still be a bit to expensive and there will probably be a reluctance by North to fill one of our gaps as they are in a similar developmental stage.

Bartram is an interesting one... Everyone has been pleading for a Whelen esk backpocket that goes full on at the ball and is hard as nails. Considering that this has been bartrams best year since his debut year, I am pretty sure that he will be given a bit more time to develop into this role. His kicking whilst still erratic has improved. It is about confidence and knowing his limitations in the types of kicks he attempts.

If we could get I'm cheap, I'd take him and release or trade (not likely) PJ.

If Hale is cheap (and he isnt) then PJ is worthless on the trade table.

If Darling recovers fully from his injuries I can't see him slipping past pick 8. I think that the best comparison of the way that he plays is Aaron Hammil (Saints and Carlton).

Hale could still be a bit to expensive and there will probably be a reluctance by North to fill one of our gaps as they are in a similar developmental stage.

They have a surplus of talls and they want draft picks for developmental purposes...so they will look for the right deal.

Bartram is an interesting one... Everyone has been pleading for a Whelen esk backpocket that goes full on at the ball and is hard as nails. Considering that this has been bartrams best year since his debut year, I am pretty sure that he will be given a bit more time to develop into this role. His kicking whilst still erratic has improved. It is about confidence and knowing his limitations in the types of kicks he attempts.

Rohan Bail in the future?? But Bartram is a keeper for the moment.