B&F, Most Improved, Best First Year Player

titan_uranus

I reckon they'll go as follows:

B&F - James Frawley

Most Improved - Mark Jamar

Best First Year Player - Tom Scully

Best First Year Player is definitely Tom Scully.

B&F for mine is James Frawley.

Most Improved would have to be Lynden Dunn.

BFY: Scully

BF: Green

MI: Dunn

Jamar made the quantum leap in 2009 IMO, not 2010, so no most improved for me. Dunn's transition has been the most marked and the most surprising to me, I had him as a certain scratching at the start of the year.

So, the curtain closes on another year and with no team talk, predictions for the week etc I thought I might have a go at nominating the winners of the various awards to be presented at the Best & Fairest this Thursday 2nd September.

P.S - I'm looking forward to the day that, "Tapscott takes home Truscott"!

http://tweetphoto.com/38017128

Keith 'Bluey' Truscott - Best & Fairest - James Frawley

Sid Anderson - 2nd Best & Fairest - Brad Green

Ron Barassi Snr - 3rd Best & Fairest - Cameron Bruce

Ivor Warne-Smith - 4th Best & Fairest - Mark Jamar

Dick Taylor - 5th Best & Fairest - Aaron Davey

Norm Smith - Coaches Award - Jared Rivers or Clint Bartram

Ron Barassi Jnr - Leadership Award - James McDonald or Colin Sylvia

Harold Ball - Best First Year Player - Tom Scully

Most Improved - Lynden Dunn

Ian Ridley - Club Ambassador - Um, yeah a bit stuck with this one but will go with Liam Jurrah? No idea!

Edited by Demon Hill

Keith 'Bluey' Truscott - Best & Fairest - Brad Green

Sid Anderson - 2nd Best & Fairest - James Frawley

Ron Barassi Snr - 3rd Best & Fairest - Mark Jamar

Ivor Warne-Smith - 4th Best & Fairest - Aaron Davey

Dick Taylor - 5th Best & Fairest - Cameron Bruce

Norm Smith - Coaches Award - Nathan Jones

Ron Barassi Jnr - Leadership Award - Brad Green

Ian Ridley - Club Ambassador - Brent Moloney

Picked Jones for Coach's award as I felt he could potentially see the writing on the wall playing the role he has, then either through putting his hand up or being asked by the FD, became more of a tagger and was asked to play on some tough opponents, most times being able to walk off with his head held high.

No one has Mentioned Jordie McKenzie yet....Jordie came out of nowhere.

Scully has been superb, but it was kind of you know....expected (hoped for) Jordie came from almost thin air!!

Superb first year i thought (so was Scully) B)

No one has Mentioned Jordie McKenzie yet....Jordie came out of nowhere.

Scully has been superb, but it was kind of you know....expected (hoped for) Jordie came from almost thin air!!

Superb first year i thought (so was Scully) B)

Jordie has been great this year but there is one reason why he won't win, This is his second year!.

B&F: Green

Most Improved: Dunn

Best First Year: Scully

Jordie has been great this year but there is one reason why he won't win, This is his second year!.

B&F: Green

Most Improved: Dunn

Best First Year: Scully

ok i stand corrected, i thought his first game was in round 1 against Hawthorn.

First time i had seen or heard of him!!! B)

Keith 'Bluey' Truscott - Best & Fairest - James Frawley

Sid Anderson - 2nd Best & Fairest - Brad Green

Ron Barassi Snr - 3rd Best & Fairest - Mark Jamar

Ivor Warne-Smith - 4th Best & Fairest - Cameron Bruce

Dick Taylor - 5th Best & Fairest - Brett Molony

Norm Smith - Coaches Award - Jamie "The J(P)et Bennel"

Ron Barassi Jnr - Leadership Award - Rivers

Ian Ridley - Club Ambassador - McDonald

Most Improved - Jamar, Dunn, McKensie

B&F - I'll go for the Jamar/ Davey quinella. Slight leaning to Jamar given more games played. Both of these guys proved this year that they are pretty much indispensable. Without Davey we were exposed as quite impotent - he is the class factor we can ill afford to lose. I don't even want to consider for a moment how we would have performed without Jamar had he too fallen to injury - not only because of his much improved on field displays but also because of anything resembling a capable back-up on our list presently.

Most improved - Has to be James Frawley. Could even be an outside chance for the Bluey. Great season.

Best First Year - Has to be Tom Scully. A lot to be excited about with this kid - just the way he goes about in general. Sure his disposal needs some polish at times but I'm sure it will all click before too long. We have an absolute gem in our midst and unless I am sadly mistaken (unfortunately I have been guilty of the 'rose coloured glasses phenomenon' previously so I am doing my best to temper my expectations) he will be leading our midfield from as early as next season. Honorable mention to Jack Trengove - absolutely no shame running second in that two horse race. He shows almost as much promise as Scully - exciting times ahead.

Jamar, McDonald or Green for the Bluey.

Scully first year and if we are going on inter-season improvement - of course it's Dunn. His first 7 weeks was near batsh!t.

Heh, that's a backhanded compliment if ever I have seen one...

McKenzie has improved more than Dunn in my opinion. I would give it to him.

Keith 'Bluey' Truscott - Best & Fairest - Brad Green & Cameron Bruce

Sid Anderson - 2nd Best & Fairest - James Frawley

Ron Barassi Snr - 3rd Best & Fairest - James McDonald

Ivor Warne-Smith - 4th Best & Fairest - Mark Jamar

Dick Taylor - 5th Best & Fairest - Aaron Davey

Norm Smith - Coaches Award - Nathan Jones

Ron Barassi Jnr - Leadership Award - Brad Green

Ian Ridley - Club Ambassador - Brent Moloney