The Annual Circus has begun

rumpole

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maric & Pick 49 to Richmond for pick 29.

Maric will struggle to get a game at Melbourne with Bennell, Jetta, Wonna & Tappy on the list while he'd probably get staright into Richmonds best 22.

This trade's a win win as our three national draft picks will then be:

Maric would be much better as a FP than Jake King, but I don't see the value in us trading for pick 29.

Would be purely to open up another spot on the list which we need to do. Don't know if we'd be able to get much more then pick 29 for Maric. We'd still be relying on his reputation as a junior to get that much I suspect.

Maric & Pick 49 to Richmond for pick 29.

Maric will struggle to get a game at Melbourne with Bennell, Jetta, Wonna & Tappy on the list while he'd probably get staright into Richmonds best 22.

This trade's a win win as our three national draft picks will then be:

Interesting suggestion as he followed the Tigers as a kid, one of their mids has just retired and the man who recruited him to us is with the Tigers.

Interesting suggestion as he followed the Tigers as a kid, one of their mids has just retired and the man who recruited him to us is with the Tigers.

The stars are alingned! ;)

Very good points.

But would we use pick 29?

If not, or if it is only used to promote a rookie (in which case we could use a much later pick) then wouldn't we just delist Maric instead..?

Oh. He's contracted for 2011. Just answered my own question.

Thanks guys!

It's on again.

The annual trades and rumours circus that has players moving here there and everywhere.

Up until now most of the rumours have involved the Gold Coast Suns and a couple of them have turned to fact - Bock and Krakouer.

But now we have a Michael Rischitelli thread about how he wants to leave Brisbane at the end of the year and come to a Melbourne based club. There's even a rumour that he would like to go to Melbourne because it is going to be a good club in a few years.

The thing is that Melbourne's priority is the need to find a key tall forward.

Why not make a call to David Cloke who happens to manage Travis Cloke and who closed off negotiations with the Pies a while ago?

If nothing else it would save Travis from having to front up to James Frawley every Queens Birthday over the next half dozen years. At worst it could start off another good rumour.

A definite NO to Travis Cloke for mine.He could get a job as a boundary umpire though as he spends most of his time trying to pick up cheap kicks around the bounday line.Likes to avoid the hard contest and operating where a CHF should operate(in the centre corridor) whenever possible.

I would prefer to have a look in the VFL for the next JPOd until Wattsy matures sufficiently.

Would not surprise me if we offered Gold Coast a couple of mature body players or a player and lower pick for one of their first round draft picks....i.e Bate, Warnock, Cheney, Johnson,

I would prefer to have a look in the VFL for the next JPOd (+ Barlow etc etc)

How many times are we going to have to endure this for the next two months :wacko:

Edited by The Fire Has Started

Very good points.

But would we use pick 29?

If not, or if it is only used to promote a rookie (in which case we could use a much later pick) then wouldn't we just delist Maric instead..?

Oh. He's contracted for 2011. Just answered my own question.

Thanks guys!

I reckon we'd use pick 29 for sure, think about it.

McDonald retired = Green goes to vets list & McKenzie is promoted off rookie list.

Miller delisted = Pick 12

Maric (potential trade) = Pick 29

Bell delisted = Pick 32.

And there's our 3 picks we need to use in the National Draft.

I would prefer to have a look in the VFL for the next JPOd until Wattsy matures sufficiently.

I'd be more then happy to rookie list someone like Stockdale or Myles Sewell, but for the National Draft I'd be more keen on sticking with the kids.

I reckon we'd use pick 29 for sure, think about it.

McDonald retired = Green goes to vets list & McKenzie is promoted off rookie list.

Miller delisted = Pick 12

Maric (potential trade) = Pick 29

Bell delisted = Pick 32.

And there's our 3 picks we need to use in the National Draft.

The AFL changed the rules this year. Rookie promotions now count towards the tally, so if we promote McKenzie and Spencer we only need to use our first pick.

A definite NO to Travis Cloke for mine.He could get a job as a boundary umpire though as he spends most of his time trying to pick up cheap kicks around the bounday line.Likes to avoid the hard contest and operating where a CHF should operate(in the centre corridor) whenever possible.

Sautner?

Would not surprise me if we offered Gold Coast a couple of mature body players or a player and lower pick for one of their first round draft picks....i.e Bate, Warnock, Cheney, Johnson,

Perhaps. But it would surprise the hell out of everyone with even a passing interest in football if they actually agreed to such a ludicrous deal.

Do people believe our depth players are actually considered stars by other Clubs or do they think the other Clubs are managed by drunks who will slip up and just give away a high draft pick??

The AFL changed the rules this year. Rookie promotions now count towards the tally, so if we promote McKenzie and Spencer we only need to use our first pick.

I wasn't aware of that rule thanks.

Although would you take Spencer over pick 32???

Depends on what is left on the board at that stage. Probably.

BUT it would leave us with little in terms of ruck depth and we could be forced to keep PJ if Spencer stays a rookie.

I'd take Spencer over PJ.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few possibilties!

Draft picks can be exchange in these trades also...

Jacobs to Adelaide

Warnock to Carlton

Walker to Melbourne

Jacobs to Port

Trengrove to Melbourne

Warnock to Carlton

Jones to Sydney

White to Melbourne

Jacobs to Melbourne

Warnock to Carlton

Griffin to Freo

Tarrant to Carlton

Jacobs to Adelaide

Jacobs to Adelaide

Walker to Carlton

I'd take Spencer over PJ.

Yawn. Repeating the same statement over and over doesn't make it any more interesting.

PJ stays for a year or two more I reckon. The Spence and Gawn aren't ready yet. PJ 'aint much at this stage, but he's better than those two for MFC's next 22 games.

Jacobs to Port

Trengrove to Melbourne

Warnock to Carlton

I'd take that. But where does he play? Defender? Defender/backup ruckman? (ooooh I like that)...

Don't think it'll happen though. Jackson has a greater market value than the other two combined.

Jacobs to Adelaide

Warnock to Carlton

Walker to Melbourne

Jacobs to Port

Trengrove to Melbourne

Warnock to Carlton

Jones to Sydney

White to Melbourne

Jacobs to Melbourne

Warnock to Carlton

Griffin to Freo

Tarrant to Carlton

Jacobs to Adelaide

Jacobs to Adelaide

Walker to Carlton

Interesting don't mind Jackson Trengove, had him in my supercoach so i watched a fare bit of him, i think he will be a player! Can walk straight in and Ruck @ number 2 round 1!

Jacobs to Adelaide

Warnock to Carlton

Walker to Melbourne

Jacobs to Port

Trengrove to Melbourne

Warnock to Carlton

Jones to Sydney

White to Melbourne

Jacobs to Melbourne

Warnock to Carlton

Griffin to Freo

Tarrant to Carlton

Jacobs to Adelaide

Jacobs to Adelaide

Walker to Carlton

Port wont let Trengove go. Had a fine debut.

The Griffin, Tarrant, Jacobs trade could be a goer. Griffin is going home, so is Tarrant and we hear both Adelaide clubs want Jacobs.

Guest hangon007

Port wont let Trengove go. Had a fine debut.

The Griffin, Tarrant, Jacobs trade could be a goer. Griffin is going home, so is Tarrant and we hear both Adelaide clubs want Jacobs.

Whoever, gets Tarrant loses. Age & Injury concerns are massive, massive negatives. Plus if the rumours are true he wants to come back to Victoria - Fremantle have little to no options.

IMHO they will cut and run - take almost any pick and invest in a WA kid. They have no choice. (assuming the rumours are true)

However, I should also add I do think Carlton should chase/consider Tarrant ... but more because I think he might be "cheap" and only if they got him "cheap."

Edited by hangon007