Who do you want at MFC next year ?

GIRO

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mitchell Clark from Brisbane

Close to AA last year, but stunk it up this year, I'd suggest a first and second round pick and we might get the deal over the line. ottens got picks 13 and 15 or something, so it'd need to be a bit like that.

he is a big bodied player, still young and can swap with jamar in the ruck and go forward. i believe he is exactly what we need.

With the way the game is being played- you dont need a big 2nd ruckman.

Disagree. Jamar can't ruck 100% of the game, and you lose valuable clearances if you don't have a good back-up ruckman.

Ruckman are still critical in the modern game. This week PJ had a bad week, and we lost several key clearences all over the ground when he was in the ruck. It cost us several goals, including the winner to Shaun Burgoyne.

PJ is probably not the answer, but that shouldn't stop us from making it a priority to finding a very good back up ruckman.

gary lyon-head coach

tony lockett-forward coach

david neitz-assistant coach

No

No

No

Cut 5 or 6 and recruit the best available talent. That's what we've done so far so why change. At the end of next year push hard to pick up a 23 - 24 year old gun from another club to fill what ever gap the coaching department think we have.

With Jack Viney a probable father son selection i think the midfield is fine at the moment.

I want to see another big young KPF drafted in. Perhaps two.

12 wins.

A final at the G against the Hawks where we give them a 10 goal a$$ whooping.

Jimmy Stynes..................

With Jack Viney a probable father son selection i think the midfield is fine at the moment.

I want to see another big young KPF drafted in. Perhaps two.

12 wins.

A final at the G against the Hawks where we give them a 10 goal a$$ whooping.

Jimmy Stynes..................

is jack viney entering this years draft?

is jack viney entering this years draft?

No. Year after i believe. Should have clarified in my original post.

Tall stocks in this draft are meant to be pretty good so lets make the best of that.

Mitchell Clark from Brisbane

Close to AA last year, but stunk it up this year, I'd suggest a first and second round pick and we might get the deal over the line. ottens got picks 13 and 15 or something, so it'd need to be a bit like that.

he is a big bodied player, still young and can swap with jamar in the ruck and go forward. i believe he is exactly what we need.

A very sensible suggestion -that is if he is not contracted

No

No

No

Cut 5 or 6 and recruit the best available talent. That's what we've done so far so why change. At the end of next year push hard to pick up a 23 - 24 year old gun from another club to fill what ever gap the coaching department think we have.

I agree- however I think if we could obtain a 23 - 24 year old gun from another club to fill what ever gap the coaching department think we have ,we should consider it NOW.

So is that the Draft that occurs at the end of the 2011 season, or the one at the end of the 2012 season?

end of the 2012 season- he has just captained the SA under 16 team.

Bahahaha... Ben McKinley has been suggested?!?! Pull the other one - we're moving forwards not backwards!! Gee whizzo... *ahem* A-grade dud is correct.

The Mitch Clarke suggestion is a good one! He'd be INCREDIBLY handy!

In all seriousness -- Patrick Veszpremi.

I'm pretty sure he'll end up in Victoria next year, it's just a matter of where.

I think he'd be handy.

Have herd good things about him. I think he played junior footy with Jack Grimes (un 18s).

In all seriousness -- Patrick Veszpremi.

I'm pretty sure he'll end up in Victoria next year, it's just a matter of where.

I think he'd be handy.

why are you sure he'll end up in victoria next year??

Swans really rate him, would be suprised if they let him go

No trading this year- we need to keep stock-piling young talent, i think we've done such a good job with drafting the past couple years i think we should be looking for a minimal list turnover this year.

...i think we've done such a good job with drafting the past couple years i think we should be looking for a minimal list turnover this year.

Negative. I think this will be our final year of getting rid of the "junk", so to speak. Meesen, Healey, MacNamara, Newton, Bell, Miller... are those guys REALLY the future?? Will they REALLY add to our depth??

At the moment we have Cheney, Bate, Maric, Martin, Blease, Tapscott, Gawn, Petterd, Jetta, Warnock et al who are either out of our senior squad due to injury or otherwise and who are sound fringe players (if not in our best 22!).

why are you sure he'll end up in victoria next year??

Swans really rate him, would be suprised if they let him go

They haven't played him much this year (absolutely NFI on his injury status) but I've heard on the grape vine he is desperate to come home to Melbourne.

I've heard that Richmond is keen to get their hands on him.

I think he'll be a decent player in time.

Negative. I think this will be our final year of getting rid of the "junk", so to speak. Meesen, Healey, MacNamara, Newton, Bell, Miller... are those guys REALLY the future?? Will they REALLY add to our depth??

At the moment we have Cheney, Bate, Maric, Martin, Blease, Tapscott, Gawn, Petterd, Jetta, Warnock et al who are either out of our senior squad due to injury or otherwise and who are sound fringe players (if not in our best 22!).

I think MacNamara does deserve another year, if not on the senior list, then definately as a rookie- he may not have set the world on fire but he hasn't stunk either. We've been lucky this year in that none of our tall defenders have missed an extended period of time through injury but the fact is Rivers and Garland have both missed a lot of football through serious injury- if we lose them both at the same time next year and we'd delisted MacNamara and possibly traded Warnock as one or two people here have suggested then we're suddenly in a lot of trouble down back. I think we do have a very good back six when fit but not enough depth there and i would hope that we would use at least one of our draft picks on a key defender.

As for the other five players you mentioned, Meeson,Newton and Healey aren't on the Senior list and are irrelevant to this discussion and i think it's obvious to everyone that the other two, Bell and Miller are gone So that's two senior players you advocate delisting which amounts to the minimal list turnover that i Suggested so i'm no sure what you're disagreeing with me about. What i'm hoping that Bailer and Barry Pendergast don't go looking for any shortcuts during trade week- in fact, i'd be happy if they didn't attend at all- the seem to be pretty good at growing there own at the moment and i see no need for them to do anything differently this off-season.

We wont need more mids ( not as a priority) we have them..they are either in need of repair or simply more games. They'll be ok and the in-50's will improve as a result of maturing.

Its that nagging need for a strong ready to go bod down the sharp end. We may have a few to chose from in 1-3 years as internally grown come on...but a fixit for next year would be handy.

Any more smokeys in VFL/SANFL/WAFL etc ? as unliley to get much trading or drafting ( conventional ) for a while

yes an OX clone would be rather nice :)