Clash jumper 2011

Guest Redleg_24

Clash Strip 2011  

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So based on Carlton's move from white to light pale blue for it's new clash jumper and it getting approval.

I wonder those stomping their fingers on the keyboard with the slogans "NO WHITE" would prefer Melbourne to utilise an old guernsey from the early 80's with the red & lighter blue... ? (no white; no demon)..

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much white has to be in it? I hate white we are red and blue so why the hell cant we just wear red jumper,shorts and socks; and then also have an all blue jumper, shorts and socks? What about essendon are they being made to have white in their clash jumper? NO WHITE! :mad:

How much white has to be in it? I hate white we are red and blue so why the hell cant we just wear red jumper,shorts and socks; and then also have an all blue jumper, shorts and socks? What about essendon are they being made to have white in their clash jumper? NO WHITE! :mad:

So we are the red and the blue but you are happy to be red or blue?

Liverpool or Carlton?

That's less Melbourne Footy Club than a white strip with red and blue and/or a demon on it in my opinion.

Edited by rpfc

So based on Carlton's move from white to light pale blue for it's new clash jumper and it getting approval.

I wonder those stomping their fingers on the keyboard with the slogans "NO WHITE" would prefer Melbourne to utilise an old guernsey from the early 80's with the red & lighter blue... ? (no white; no demon)..

Just to be picky HT. Its not "light pale blue" its either "pale blue" or "light blue" you make it sound lighter than it is. Its actually got a decent intensity.

According to the CFC site they call it "sky blue"

re early 80's guernsey. If you mean as a clash guernsey then yes it is better than the white s***. If you are being facetious and mean as a home guernsey then absolutely no.

I would prefer the pink cancer strip as a clash guernsey to the white. The colour is actually fucshia ironically. On the day we wore it, it quite grew on me after the first few minutes. I don't think many others would agree though.

The colour is actually fucshia ironically. On the day we wore it, it quite grew on me after the first few minutes. I don't think many others would agree though.

So I guess you're not so tied to the red and blue...

If we were going to wear any other colour, I'm ok wearing a non-colour.

The 80's Royal blue would work as our away strip perfectly! It doesn't clash with essendon, carlton or port! Navy for the rest.

If we are taking this strip we wore for less than a decade because of historical reasons then why not go back to the all-white we wore in our formative decades? (all teams wore them and I know DC hates it when I bring it up but we were called the invincible whites)

To me, that awful strip from the early eighties means less to me as a Dees fan than white.

Just to be picky HT. Its not "light pale blue" its either "pale blue" or "light blue" you make it sound lighter than it is. Its actually got a decent intensity.

According to the CFC site they call it "sky blue"

You're spot on DC. You are picky. ;)

And re: the 80's guernsey as a clash jumper, that was my proposal for those hell bent on "NO WHITE".

Fwiw, I can't stand the early 80's version...I just want to keep the peace.

If we are taking this strip we wore for less than a decade because of historical reasons then why not go back to the all-white we wore in our formative decades? (all teams wore them and I know DC hates it when I bring it up but we were called the invincible whites)

To me, that awful strip from the early eighties means less to me as a Dees fan than white.

For me it wasn't for its historical significance, it was (borrowing a line from BP here)the next best available. If I can't watch the dee's run out in the Navy & Red, then my next preference would be the Royal & Red.

So I guess you're not so tied to the red and blue...

If we were going to wear any other colour, I'm ok wearing a non-colour.

clever rpfc. You cropped the start of the para and took it out of context

here is the original para

would prefer the pink cancer strip as a clash guernsey to the white. The colour is actually fucshia ironically. On the day we wore it, it quite grew on me after the first few minutes. I don't think many others would agree though.

meaning "predominately white" is down the very bottom of my list. But you knew that, you 'ol stirrer you. :)

and last I knew fucshia could be considered a shade of red - the mfc used to think so

Edited by daisycutter

lets see. How many years did the press call us the Invincible Whites? Couple of years, 3, 4?

that would be before the VFA, VFL, AFL years wouldn't it?

but if you really feel strongly about going back to all-white why don't you suggest it to the club

Here is the new carlton "clash blue"

Its not actually that pale!

CFC_New_Clash_Guernsey.jpg

That pale blue looks like a chlorinated pool. Awful. So that is what carlton will look like when we play them is it??

Gee thanks AFL that has zero style (even for that disgusting club Carlton) do not ever tell me that i mix up carlton & Melbourne Jumpers. Indeed!! (walk off in a huff 60's Dr Smith Style!!!!) B)

There you go Nasher-That's my summation of that putrid jumper. And yes white sucks too. My rage has not diluted!!! B)

clever rpfc. You cropped the start of the para and took it out of context

here is the original para

meaning "predominately white" is down the very bottom of my list. But you knew that, you 'ol stirrer you. :)

and last I knew fucshia could be considered a shade of red - the mfc used to think so

Hi Daisycutter you must be close to typing off your finger tips this afternoon!

Before you do can you tell me which clubs we are supposed to clash with?

My normal contact at MFC is not available today and the AFL refused to discuss the matter, refered me back to the MFC.

The comment was "this is a matter for the MFC"

Make of that what you will!

That pale blue looks like a chlorinated pool. Awful. So that is what carlton will look like when we play them is it??

Gee thanks AFL that has zero style (even for that disgusting club Carlton) do not ever tell me that i mix up carlton & Melbourne Jumpers. Indeed!! (walk off in a huff 60's Dr Smith Style!!!!) B)

There you go Nasher-That's my summation of that putrid jumper. And yes white sucks too. My rage has not diluted!!! B)

Amazing is it not. A club that has Blue and white as its colours has no white in the new jumper!

They also have blue shorts, but the Dees are not allowed red shorts.

And approved by the AFL.

Am I being paranoid or are we getting shafted?

Hi Daisycutter you must be close to typing off your finger tips this afternoon!

Before you do can you tell me which clubs we are supposed to clash with?

My normal contact at MFC is not available today and the AFL refused to discuss the matter, refered me back to the MFC.

The comment was "this is a matter for the MFC"

Make of that what you will!

I have an email at the club on exactly that question. Will post if answered

Amazing is it not. A club that has Blue and white as its colours has no white in the new jumper!

They also have blue shorts, but the Dees are not allowed red shorts.

And approved by the AFL.

Am I being paranoid or are we getting shafted?

Shafted at this point but we are growing, this Fiasco will not be with us forever. I feel it is the AFL flexing its muscles while we are still on the drip feed.

Looking at Carlton's abomination it is evident the AFL have changed the rules again as they always do.. Why were we forced to wear a clash strip against st.kilda in the season just gone?? That's the logic we must eradicate in time.

Shafted at this point but we are growing, this Fiasco will not be with us forever. I feel it is the AFL flexing its muscles while we are still on the drip feed.

Looking at Carlton's abomination it is evident the AFL have changed the rules again as they always do.. Why were we forced to wear a clash strip against st.kilda in the season just gone?? That's the logic we must eradicate in time.

I think "their" logic was Saints have a black back and we have a mainly dark blue back!