Jamar

wonnabeeri

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No club announcement as yet.

They often like to announce the new signings in a batch.

Perhaps just waiting for another one or two to drop before making an announcement.

Hope to hear Petterd signed with the batch.

Hope to hear Petterd signed with the batch.

My stomach's going to drop if he's not with the next group

Why?

Panic merchants.

I'm happy to wait. I think timing will have no bearing on his decision.

Edit: not to mention the fact that a lot of supporters seem to think he's the only one at danger of going...

Edited by Enforcer25

Why?

Panic merchants.

I'm happy to wait. I think timing will have no bearing on his decision.

Edit: not to mention the fact that a lot of supporters seem to think he's the only one at danger of going...

No. They don't think that he is the only one at danger of going.

But if you look at where he is from enforcer. Where his family is from, his friends are from...

Then you may come to the conclusion that he may be one of the players we should worry most about.

No?

No. They don't think that he is the only one at danger of going.

But if you look at where he is from enforcer. Where his family is from, his friends are from...

Then you may come to the conclusion that he may be one of the players we should worry most about.

No?

No, not really. I don't know how many times it has to be repeated that GC isn't running a QLD footballers repatriation service. Kurt Tippet & Nick Riewoldt are from QLD too, but they aren't rushing out of their clubs to get home.

No, not really. I don't know how many times it has to be repeated that GC isn't running a QLD footballers repatriation service. Kurt Tippet & Nick Riewoldt are from QLD too, but they aren't rushing out of their clubs to get home.

Exactly.

I think who they target will be driven by who the GC17 thinks would fit their plans best and who jas the most talent.

Once they decide on a target they will try to force the players' hands by throwing inordinate amounts of money at them.

If one of those players happens to be Petterd, they may use the family/coming home idea to sell it to him, but it will be coincidental.

Beat me to it.

The family repatriation card is one of the most overused or misused "facts" on this site.

Daniel Rich must be on the first bus back to Perth at the end of this year. :rolleyes:

Beat me to it.

The family repatriation card is one of the most overused or misused "facts" on this site.

Daniel Rich must be on the first bus back to Perth at the end of this year. :rolleyes:

Yeah, he got a seat next to Cale Morton.

They were waiting in line for their tickets with Bell, Jamar and Rivers who are all going back to Adelaide.

Beat me to it.

It's not a misused or overused fact Rhino.

I don't think that he is going to leave because of these factors.

I am simply saying people are right to worry about him more than other players on our list because

of these factors !!!

Surely that makes sense to you?

The Daniel Rich comparison is pathetic Rhino. But I commend you for the attempt at a funny joke.

Beat me to it.

I see - yet, one of the major reasons for picking Watts instead of Natanui was the eventual 'home' factor. Didn't Judd come 'home?' Didn't Thompson go 'home?'

I see - yet, one of the major reasons for picking Watts instead of Natanui was the eventual 'home' factor. Didn't Judd come 'home?' Didn't Thompson go 'home?'

Was it?

Did they?

(2 out of the whole league and ST still has a wandering eye...)

Typical infantile response

OK, name another one.

We've got Judd. We've got Thompson.

Now name another one.

And then realise that your total of 2 (or maybe 3) as a proportion of the thousands of players who have played AFL football, or even of the 700 or so who are playing now, is miniscule.

Not taking sides but there has been a few.

Off the top of my head:

Sav Rocca

Darren Jarman

Jeff Farmer

Im sure there has been plenty more.

Having said that, I do think that it is an over-rated issue. But to say it does not happen is being naive.

..isn't this thread suppost to be about Jamar? :wacko:

Off the top of my head:

Sav Rocca

Darren Jarman

Jeff Farmer

Having said that, I do think that it is an over-rated issue. But to say it does not happen is being naive.

Absolutely - but there are two or three antagonists on this site that continue to take cheap shots with their sarcasm and belittling responses.

Absolutely - but there are two or three antagonists on this site that continue to take cheap shots with their sarcasm and belittling responses.

Possible expats from our sister station.

BTW has anyone considered that Jamar may not be so anxious to re sign because of the way he was slighted pre season when contracts were initially being negotiated and he was only offered a 12 month contract ?

Edited by joeboy

Off the top of my head:

Sav Rocca

Darren Jarman

Jeff Farmer

Alright then. Another 3, with potentially more.

Either way you look at it, we've got a tiny list of players out of thousands of AFL footballers.

Someone who disagrees with you is not an antagonist.

That is a stupid argument. 90% of players play in their home state anyway, so there would be no isssue.

Fine, then make it a list of returnees against players drafted to a club outside their home state.

A 'stupid argument' would be that Petterd is the most likely to go back to the Gold Coast simply because he comes from there.

Whilst it is not completely accurate to say that Petterd is likely to go home because of his home state, there are other factors that have people worried.

The fact that he has put contract talks on hold until the end of the year, as well as the fact that he has publicly mentioned how it would be nice to play in front of family every second week.

Nothing to get too worried about yet but it is naive to think that having his family in Queensland it is not a contributng factor.