Changes for QBD

Agree with Maurie on the changes. I would not count Bell out to play a certain stopper role.

Not you too?

If we have to, let's use McKenzie in that role. And that's assuming McDonald (did a pretty decent job of 'stopping' Judd, didn't he?) and Jones aren't fit. If they are then the point's moot.

Bad news for the potential result.

Good news for the coffers...better weather = better crowd.

Was kind of hoping for a horrible wet and windy day.

Oh please no, I'm begging for a beautiful day. QB always sucks when it rains.

Yes, we've done well in the wet this year, but for once I'd love for the sun to be out on QB.

It was beautiful weather in Round 2.

Bad news for the potential result.

Good news for the coffers...better weather = better crowd.

Was kind of hoping for a horrible wet and windy day.

alot can change between now and monday as far as forecast goes, BBP. Let's not forget either, it is Melbourne !

My changes assuming Sylvia is Fit

In McKenzie, Dunn, Frawley

Out Jones(inj), McDonald(inj), one of Warnock/Garland/Rivers

Bartram Frawley Garland

Grimes Rivers Bruce

Davey Sylvia Morton

Bate Miller Dunn

Jetta Watts Green

Jamar Moloney Gysberts

Mckenzie Bennell Tregove Scully

If Sylvia is not fit I would bring in Maric or Aussie and push Jetta into midfield.

Not sure just how serious McDonald, Jones, Sylvia and Frawley all are but assuming they all get up then I'd go with

IN: Dunn, Frawley, McKenzie, Strauss

OUT: Bartram, Bennell, Rivers, Watts

FB: Frawley, Warnock, Strauss

HB: Garland, Miller, Grimes

C: Morton, McKenzie, Scully

HF: Sylvia, Bate, Davey

FF: Green, Dunn, Jetta

FOLL: Jamar, Moloney, McDonald

INT: Bruce, Gysberts, Jones, Trengove

EMERG: Bartram, Bennell, Cheney

All the emergencies would be a chnace to play depending on the fitness of Frawley, Jones, McDonald & Sylvia as would Maric if all 4 don't get up. Keeping Miller in ahead of Watts only because of his ability to play at either end and pinch hit in the ruck when Jamar needs a spell. As soon as Martin finds some form in the VFL or the FD decide it's time to blood Fitzpatrick (don't think this will happen this year personally) then I'd have one of them fill that role.

Watts I have no doubt will play all matches subject to fitness next year and will play more games again this year. Have to award Dunn for his 8 goal effort though and Watts' spot is the obvious one for him to take.

Edited by Tall Defence

What station was bailey on? I'd love to listen to a podcast if possible.

One of Dunn's issues is at times his lack of zeal for the hard contest and his inability to win alot of the ball. Why do you think the Club had him tagging for so long? Because his tagging target who wins contested ball would actually bring him to a contest and into the play. He may now be built like Tarzan but too often plays like someone else.

You obviously the type who gets a thrill out of scuffles on the ground and chest puffing in meaningless physical jousts. I could not think of anything more irrelevant and potentially dangerous in the modern game. If you really want to intimidate the opposition and I mean really intimidate, you do in the way you tackle chase and pressure in the contest and what you do with the ball. Had a chance to see Geelong play in the past 3 or 4 years???

Tough guys and enforcers is a concept that attracts adherents who see it as part of the game they think they understand and value it beyond its actual worth in todays football.

How am I "obviously" anything "Rhino"? Know me that well after a couple of posts that don't 100% agree with yours? I'm talking about hardness, not chest puffing, we already have enough guys showing smoke but no fire (Miller, Sylvia, Moloney), and yes I have seen Geelong play MANY times aside from playing Melbourne as some of my best mates are Geelong members and I go to watch them play as they are such an impressive team. So I ask you, if Geelong is your example, do you think Mooney, Scarlett, Selwood, Chapman etc are irrelevant players?

My point, that you missed in your rush to disagree, is that we lack general hardness, not cowboys like Sheedy used to like to have, but guys who are non-shirking at the contest and would fly the flag for an embattled team mate in whatever form that requires. (When was the last time you saw a great hip and shoulder by a Melbourne player compared to how many per game you see by Geelong?)

Just heard Bailey on the radio and he said Watts will play.

I must say if he plays I will not be surprised. Firstly because Saturday was not ideal for a tall slight forward. Secondly because his first two games showed promise. Thirdly Miller hasnt covered himself in glory again. Finally I think they will play him as much as they can this year notwithstanding his limitations - and next year I might ad to develop him. They have to have the strength of their convictions here and back him with game time. I hear the argument that he can get experience playing for the VFL and that is true but some players respond better to AFL conditions and tempo.

Was just on the SEN news hour.

Grabs from the press conference.

thanks

I must say if he plays I will not be surprised. Firstly because Saturday was not ideal for a tall slight forward. Secondly because his first two games showed promise. Thirdly Miller hasnt covered himself in glory again. Finally I think they will play him as much as they can this year notwithstanding his limitations - and next year I might ad to develop him. They have to have the strength of their convictions here and back him with game time. I hear the argument that he can get experience playing for the VFL and that is true but some players respond better to AFL conditions and tempo.

Spot on Poseidon!! Especially key forwards who rely so much on delivery. Just let him play, show him our belief in him, we've all seen glimpses of his talent, and we know he's still at least 2 pre-seasons off being what he can, let him start doing 1 or 2 good things a game and watch that number grow as his confidence does. Geez, NicNat only does 2 good things per game but his confidence would be growing every round from the support of those around him.

Let's not eat our young, get behind the kid!

My changes assuming Sylvia is Fit

In McKenzie, Dunn, Frawley

Out Jones(inj), McDonald(inj), one of Warnock/Garland/Rivers

Bartram Frawley Garland

Grimes Rivers Bruce

Davey Sylvia Morton

Bate Miller Dunn

Jetta Watts Green

Jamar Moloney Gysberts

Mckenzie Bennell Tregove Scully

If Sylvia is not fit I would bring in Maric or Aussie and push Jetta into midfield.

Hmmn, not bad Dr.

My point, that you missed in your rush to disagree, is that we lack general hardness, not cowboys like Sheedy used to like to have, but guys who are non-shirking at the contest

So you disagree with Rhino about Dunn, but now you agree with him about Dunn? :huh:

(When was the last time you saw a great hip and shoulder by a Melbourne player compared to how many per game you see by Geelong?)

Once again, you value some form of physical contact on the man above actually continually winning the physical contest for the ball. Is that "flying the flag"? And what the hell does Dunn provide in that area?? :wacko:

I second maurie's point.

I personally believe Melbourne do very well physically considering the amount of under developed bodies we have out on the park every week.

The "bump to weight ratio" has us listed 5th at the moment.

How am I "obviously" anything "Rhino"? Know me that well after a couple of posts that don't 100% agree with yours? I'm talking about hardness, not chest puffing, we already have enough guys showing smoke but no fire (Miller, Sylvia, Moloney), and yes I have seen Geelong play MANY times aside from playing Melbourne as some of my best mates are Geelong members and I go to watch them play as they are such an impressive team. So I ask you, if Geelong is your example, do you think Mooney, Scarlett, Selwood, Chapman etc are irrelevant players?

My point, that you missed in your rush to disagree, is that we lack general hardness, not cowboys like Sheedy used to like to have, but guys who are non-shirking at the contest and would fly the flag for an embattled team mate in whatever form that requires. (When was the last time you saw a great hip and shoulder by a Melbourne player compared to how many per game you see by Geelong?)

Rhino...you talk crap and can't even manage to advise when you pull a post. I stand by what I suggested and the fact that you couldn't even bother to let me know just confirms this. A sad life you must have lead before the days of emotive icons!

Once again, you value some form of physical contact on the man above actually continually winning the physical contest for the ball. Is that "flying the flag"? And what the hell does Dunn provide in that area?? :wacko:

I second maurie's point.

It is football Rhino, there is physical contact, feel free to go barrack for the Phoenix instead if you don't like it.

Feel free to go back and actually read and digest what I wrote before commenting again, your continuing efforts to disagree when you have actually missed the intitial point is ridiculous. You have tried to turn it around to make it sound like I want biff and brawling, but that's not what I said at all.

So you disagree with Rhino about Dunn, but now you agree with him about Dunn? :huh:

When did I say that Maurie? I think you will find that Rhino has tried to turn the discussion into something that suits him rather than what it was actually about.

Malthouse says there will be a change to their team this afternoon due to injury, he wont let on who it is yet though.

Source: Hun

"Shane O'Bree pulled up sore in training and was withdrawn from Monday's squad with Brad Dick coming into the 25-man squad."

... Collingwood Twitter apparently.

It is football Rhino, there is physical contact, feel free to go barrack for the Phoenix instead if you don't like it.

Feel free to go back and actually read and digest what I wrote before commenting again, your continuing efforts to disagree when you have actually missed the intitial point is ridiculous. You have tried to turn it around to make it sound like I want biff and brawling, but that's not what I said at all.

He is good at doing that.

I think it's what gets him off.

"Shane O'Bree pulled up sore in training and was withdrawn from Monday's squad with Brad Dick coming into the 25-man squad."

... Collingwood Twitter apparently.

Disappointing...that is an improvement for them. Not that Dick is that great, but he did tear us apart last year or the year before.