Robert Warnock

WonnaJurah

did we miss out ?

starting to improve alot.

jamar warnock would work better than pj and jamar in my opinion

He looks fantastic. Huge, mobile and a great kick.

However, didn't want to play for the MFC so can go suck a fig.

Talls take a long time to mature - usually when they are around 27 they reach their peak,therefore Robert has a while to go- but thank God we did not get him. Gawn, Fitzpatrick and Spencer wll do me at this time.

And who cares if there was...?

Your observations aren't opening anyones eyes.

Really? You were already aware of those were you?

If there is already a thread, why start a new one?

Steve, your eyes are so firmly closed, no one could open them.

But I certainly don't post to enlighten you.

As another poster pointed out in another thread - re Warnock: some of you guys could make use of those nasal sprays advertised on the billboards...

I think McLean will be assisted by the interchange limitation too - at least he wont be spending half the quarter getting from the bench to the contest - I reckon he too can still make a contribution.

I think Carlton are tracking nicely and are harshly judged - they're into their rebuild and they have the stars in place - the criticism that their bottom 6 is weak is over-cooked - it's a hell of a lot easier to fix your bottom six than your top six and they can do that with some trading and their early picks over the next few years. Geelong and St.Kilda are going to drop off and the Dogs will remain just off the flag pace (altho I think they're much better placed to stay up and contend than most peiople think).

Carlton are going to be there-abouts when we hopefully start to challenge for a flag which will be great. Hawthorn and Collingwood have a few years in their window, Carlton aren't into theirs quite yet - maybe top 4 next year. It would be sensational to join those three in the top 4 in 2013.

Really? You were already aware of those were you?

Ah, yep.

If there is already a thread, why start a new one?

a ) Because the starter of the thread may not have known.

b ) Because many people can't be bothered scrolling through pages of threads when with a few mouse clicks a new one

can be created. It saves time. Not everyone is on here all day every day.. *cough*

Steve, your eyes are so firmly closed, no one could open them.

Only when I sleep E25.

But I certainly don't post to enlighten you.

Or anyone else for that matter with posts such as the one that started this squabble.

Cheers.

Edited by stevethemanjordan

Is there any chance demonland can open up its own Bay 13?

Topic at hand, guys.

Wouldn't be opposed !

Back to the thread indeed...

My view of Warnock.

Robert Warnock seems to be showing some promising signs especially on the back of pretty much no pre-season.

The guy is 23 and has played 31 career games. Anyone saying they are glad he didn't want to come to us is just another nuff nuff. They base it

on a couple of early games with Carlton where he looked a bit shaky. I think Warnock has potential and would have been a fantastic pickup

had he wanted to play for the dees. He is a developing player just like any other and if he was playing for us, I'm sure there would be some different

opinions about him. Needs more games before people start jumping on the guy.

A good quality backup ruckman is exactly what we need.

For me Johnson and Meeson have never cut it.

Spencer is probably the most uncoordinated footballer I have ever seen and you need to be able to do more than just be big and tall in the AFL.

Martin is a basketballer trying to play AFL. I have never been excited about the guy.

Hopefully Fitzy and Gawn will develop and show a bit more than the current crop (bar Jamar).

EDIT : This is based on him wanting to come to PLAY for melbourne. Not wanting to go where the cash is.

Edited by stevethemanjordan

warnock will be good for carlton. In fact, i reckon the Carlton combo of kreuzer & warnock will be the benchmark in the not too distant future.

I hold much hope that Max Gawn can become really something for us. If Fitzy can become our key forward presence that we crave and i think DB craves, lookout.

Wouldn't be opposed !

Back to the thread indeed...

My view of Warnock.

Robert Warnock seems to be showing some promising signs especially on the back of pretty much no pre-season.

The guy is 23 and has played 31 career games. Anyone saying they are glad he didn't want to come to us is just another nuff nuff. They base it

on a couple of early games with Carlton where he looked a bit shaky. I think Warnock has potential and would have been a fantastic pickup

had he wanted to play for the dees. He is a developing player just like any other and if he was playing for us, I'm sure there would be some different

opinions about him. Needs more games before people start jumping on the guy.

A good quality backup ruckman is exactly what we need.

For me Johnson and Meeson have never cut it.

Spencer is probably the most uncoordinated footballer I have ever seen and you need to be able to do more than just be big and tall in the AFL.

Martin is a basketballer trying to play AFL. I have never been excited about the guy.

Hopefully Fitzy and Gawn will develop and show a bit more than the current crop (bar Jamar).

EDIT : This is based on him wanting to come to PLAY for melbourne. Not wanting to go where the cash is.

+1, except i think martin could become servicable. not based on this year though, hopefully its just the injuries that held him back.

warnock will be good for carlton. In fact, i reckon the Carlton combo of kreuzer & warnock will be the benchmark in the not too distant future.

I hold much hope that Max Gawn can become really something for us. If Fitzy can become our key forward presence that we crave and i think DB craves, lookout.

Fitzpatrick is a lonnnnggg way off becoming a key forward for us. He is however improving as a ruck/occasional forward for Casey firsts so that is promising. He needs big improvement, so next year will tell a story, if he can improve at his current rate, it could be good for us. I just hope he can improve his kicking beyond what Spencer has done so far (good thing is even Spencer is still only 20 years old).

I do remember we went for Aalwyn davey and Warnock and had my doubts either would go the distance. Especially davey who before then and after has shown little to me. warnock is showing something now, but to me he is the type that will be shoved aside at the ruck contests by the stonger ruckman like Jamar. I would almost prefer Jacobs at Carlton than either Warnock or Hampson.