Big Bad Baz

I think it’s weak for Rodney Eade to imply that Barry Hall’s actions were justified and that he should receive special protection from the umpires from on field taunts.

Let’s face it, Baz is a meat head with all the self discipline and intellectual capacity of a pit bull.

Sure it would be frustrating to be knocked over by your opponent when tying your shoe, but tagging and constant niggling are facts of life for key position players. It’s part of your JOB to learn to deal with it Barry.

It amazes me that Eade would continue to the feed the monster by dignifying Hall’s actions – what will happen next time Baz gets a niggle from the opposition, and now has his coaches full support to start slinging?

The opposition will only turn the screw now; get into Baz and he will be taken from the ground, because he is not capable of controlling himself.

Scott Thompson's the one at fault here, he constantly nudged and grabbed Baz and eventually he just lost the plot. If Barry Hall goes for six weeks, Scot Thompson should go for six. It was three North players vs Barry at one stage: what else is he going to do?

Scott Thompson's the one at fault here, he constantly nudged and grabbed Baz and eventually he just lost the plot. If Barry Hall goes for six weeks, Scot Thompson should go for six. It was three North players vs Barry at one stage: what else is he going to do?

It was only three North players v Baz after he retaliated, which is the point - why bother? If he gets 6 weeks (which would be overly harsh in my view) or 1 week - he has done his club a disservice. He owes it to the club and his teammates to pull his head in.

All he's done is prove to opposition clubs that if they raise the red flag he'll charge.

His actions deserve a fine and that's it, and even then if Thompson had any decency he'd pay the fines as he was the perpetrator. Hall appeared to attempt to bitch slap Thompson at one point and made contact with fresh air. The rest was just wrestling and carrying on. I thought Hall did a reasonable job of controlling himself given the circumstances and his history.

I think it's weak for Rodney Eade to imply that Barry Hall's actions were justified and that he should receive special protection from the umpires from on field taunts.

Let's face it, Baz is a meat head with all the self discipline and intellectual capacity of a pit bull.

Sure it would be frustrating to be knocked over by your opponent when tying your shoe, but tagging and constant niggling are facts of life for key position players. It's part of your JOB to learn to deal with it Barry.

It amazes me that Eade would continue to the feed the monster by dignifying Hall's actions – what will happen next time Baz gets a niggle from the opposition, and now has his coaches full support to start slinging?

The opposition will only turn the screw now; get into Baz and he will be taken from the ground, because he is not capable of controlling himself.

Oh, thats what I would have done. I totally understand what he did & how he would have felt, but I'm just a violent old fella with a sensative side. What can I say. I don't hate Hall. But I hated that action he did when he king hit on Staker.

BUT, Hally is trying hard to not repeat that behaviour. I think you have to admire that. Not the cowardly actions of the North gameplan designed to excite their Members into turning out for games,,,, So they decided to put on a Drama at Halls expense,,, for fear of getting No supporters to there games & becoming extinct.

Not the cowardly actions of the North gameplan designed to excite their Members into turning out for games,,,, So they decided to put on a Drama at Halls expense,,, for fear of getting No supporters to there games & becoming extinct.

Interesting concept. Hall, the unwitting pawn in the Roos' desperate marketing strategy - i like it!

I think the North players were pretty gutless. They were being smashed on the scoreboard and decided to just target dogs all over the ground including Barry. If Barry gets more than 1 week for a headlock then its a joke. He has to have some kind of defence against a pack of desperate losers.

Matty Warnock had plenty of niggle with Barry, but at the end of the day beat him when the ball was coming in, he didn't stuff around with knocking him over when he was doing up his shoelace.

Interesting concept. Hall, the unwitting pawn in the Roos' desperate marketing strategy - i like it!

Its Brad Scott all over. Not that I dislike or disrespect Scott, I admire all from the Lions-Matthews dynasty.

But lets NOT Hang the wrong person here because of past baggage.

North are desperate in this climate of new teams coming in, putting pressure on those struggling in Melbourne to exist. Norths attendances are apparently very POOR.

I think the North players were pretty gutless. They were being smashed on the scoreboard and decided to just target dogs all over the ground including Barry. If Barry gets more than 1 week for a headlock then its a joke. He has to have some kind of defence against a pack of desperate losers.

Matty Warnock had plenty of niggle with Barry, but at the end of the day beat him when the ball was coming in, he didn't stuff around with knocking him over when he was doing up his shoelace.

Completely agree.

North should have focused on the scoreboard rather than the man. It was pitiful how their supporters clapped them off at half time.

I think it’s weak for Rodney Eade to imply that Barry Hall’s actions were justified and that he should receive special protection from the umpires from on field taunts.

Let’s face it, Baz is a meat head with all the self discipline and intellectual capacity of a pit bull.

Sure it would be frustrating to be knocked over by your opponent when tying your shoe, but tagging and constant niggling are facts of life for key position players. It’s part of your JOB to learn to deal with it Barry.

It amazes me that Eade would continue to the feed the monster by dignifying Hall’s actions – what will happen next time Baz gets a niggle from the opposition, and now has his coaches full support to start slinging?

This entire comment suggests to me that you didn't watch any of the game. Thompson and probably the bulk of the entire north melbourne backline were all over Barry all day. If they had done that to Watts or Petterd or any of our young guys, and they stood up for themselves you'd be giving them a pat on the back. This entire incident was the fault of the north melbourne players at appears to be a constant theme to their play when they're struggling. Remember Ferrito inadvertantly running straight through our team huddle at three quarter time just to try and fire up.

I agree with Eade's comments. The umpires should have pulled up thompson and paid a free kick. But you know why they didn't, because it was barry hall getting pushed around.

I agree with Eade's comments. The umpires should have pulled up thompson and paid a free kick. But you know why they didn't, because it was barry hall getting pushed around.

No, they didn't pay one because Baz took matters into his own hands before they could.

Edited by Tricky

the north blokes didnt give away free kicks - they were just niggling. dirty yes, annoying yes. knocking barry hall over when he was doing his shoelace - well as darcy said its like poking the bear and the bear reacted with the greatest headlock of all time. nothing more and nothing less. so baz will probably get rubbed out for 8 cos the MPR have no idea. fine them all for wrestling and get on with it.

His actions deserve a fine and that's it, and even then if Thompson had any decency he'd pay the fines as he was the perpetrator. Hall appeared to attempt to [censored] slap Thompson at one point and made contact with fresh air. The rest was just wrestling and carrying on. I thought Hall did a reasonable job of controlling himself given the circumstances and his history.

Totally agree.

I think the North players were pretty gutless. They were being smashed on the scoreboard and decided to just target dogs all over the ground including Barry.

North were pretty timid in the contests yesterday. There huff and puff does not hide a couple of players who dogged it yesterday.

I really struggle with the whole barry thing. In the school yard, if some [censored] is smacking you in the kidneys and then knees you as you do your shoelaces up, you are allowed to snot them. Plain, simple. I do not understand why barry has to cop this kind of sniping garbage without any protection but if he stands up for himself, the emergency umpire is all over him. Thompson is a niggler and effectively lacks to guts to be a sniper. That's a pretty low low sort of player really.

He is lucky that berry didn't just crush his face. I'd have been fine if we'd all heard about him having a cruched cheekbone.