Darwin

demoniac

Flew up today.

Great view of a water filled Lake Eyre on the flight up. Spectacular view. Sadly the pilot would not put the plane down for a refreshing and only possible once in a decade swim en route from Melbourne to Darwin.

I was having a refreshing beverage at a salubrious establishment called Monsoons when it occured to me that it was 7:40 pm which is when the game starts on Saturday and conditions were still fairly oppressive...maybe the players should play in ice vests rather than just don them when they go off the ground!

Edited by demoniac

Hey all,

I will be flying up this w.e to catch up with my cousin in Darwin and watch the dees....for all going to this match a few questions:

- does anyone know what day the team would fly up (fri morning or thursday nite)?

- does anyone know what hotel the team is staying at?

- where is everyone headed before the game?

- will supporters be able to go in the rooms or catch up with the players up there?

ps. leigh matthews is a sad grumpy old [censored]!

Edited by hrob

Hey all,

I will be flying up this w.e to catch up with my cousin in Darwin and watch the dees....for all going to this match a few questions:

- does anyone know what day the team would fly up (fri morning or thursday nite)?

- does anyone know what hotel the team is staying at?

- where is everyone headed before the game?

- will supporters be able to go in the rooms or catch up with the players up there?

ps. leigh matthews is a sad grumpy old [censored]!

I was told by the club they would be going Thursday.

There is a function on Friday night at a venue, tickets through the club

Would assume they wouldn't advertise where they are staying you have a 1 in 59 chance of picking the right one.

Most people seem to be heading to a pub/bar near the ground, if you drink

I was told by the club they would be going Thursday.

The group going to Yuendumu are going up Thursday early.

There are Darwin clinics on Friday as well so a few players will be needed for them but only a handful, so the rest of the team might go up Friday.

The Yuendumu crew and a few players go on to Tiwi Islands on Sunday for more clinics.

Sounds like a blast.

I'll be there Friday arvo. Touch down at 4:55pm then head straight to Pee Wees for a club function. Can't Wait!!! B) Staying till the tuesday so i'll do a bit of hiking at Lichfield, night market and whatever else has bells and whistles. I been to a few interstate games now and never seen a win. Hopefully this weekend is my first. Look out Darwin, gOLLy's on his way.

Edited by gOLLy

All you guys going to Darwin are absolute Legends-Good on ya. Make heaps of noise for the boys.

As there is no VFL game on this weekend i hope most of our list go up to help promote the Game & the Club.

We need that Darwin Presence going forward. B)

I'll be there Friday arvo. Touch down at 4:55pm then head straight to Pee Wees for a club function. Can't Wait!!! B) Staying till the tuesday so i'll do a bit of hiking at Lichfield, night market and whatever else has bells and whistles. I been to a few interstate games now and never seen a win. Hopefully this weekend is my first. Look out Darwin, gOLLy's on his way.

wheres the club function at :)

For anyone who thinking of comming up next year Jetstar have a sale on boxing day. At $120 each way I jumped straight on. But I see now tiger are going $99 each way. Not sure i'd risk tiger tho.

wheres the club function at :)

Pee Wees. Tickets from the club I believe. I got mine through the Darwin Demons tho who in in turn went through the club I think. $85 2hrs cocktails and canapes. OH YEAH! :) Players and Officals in attendence. (Not sure how many just second hand info) Dress code applies

http://www.peewees.com.au/

Edited by gOLLy

Pee Wees. Tickets from the club I believe. I got mine through the Darwin Demons tho who in in turn went through the club I think. $85 2hrs cocktails and canapes. OH YEAH! :) Players and Officals in attendence. (Not sure how many just second hand info) Dress code applies

http://www.peewees.com.au/

thanks mate :)

do you know or does anyone else know if there will be an after match function after the game?

thanks mate :)

do you know or does anyone else know if there will be an after match function after the game?

I'll find out and keep demonland informed. But usually in the past (I might be wrong) It's all about getting back to Melbourne for recovery.

I'll find out and keep demonland informed. But usually in the past (I might be wrong) It's all about getting back to Melbourne for recovery.

ok thanks.

they usually have one but not to sure with darwin...

would be nice for all us fans who have come up to watch them but if they dont they dont :)

I am heading along with a few others, runs from 6:30pm - 9:30pm.

3 hrs Woo Hoo!! thought it was only 2hrs even better. 1:30min from airport to function...hmmmmm beter be no delays.

Any Ideas as to where we should watch the game here in Melbourne this saturday night?

We are not on free to air & i would prefer to watch the Real Dream Time game with Melbourne supporters Beer in hand...Ideas??

MFC Bentleigh Club or Leigh Oak in Oakleigh - there is always a crowd of Melbourne supporters and they do a nice selection of nibbles at half time :wub:

Flew up on Monday night/ Tuesday morn 01:45 flight ouch! But loving the weather so much! Pretty humid yeterday but this morning is beautiful... Sunny with a light ocean breeze... Aaaah!

Anyone keen to watch the Dees train? I rang up the club and was told that Port would be training before us at TIO on Friday night, then us at 19:30 ish...

Anyway I'll be there if anyone's keen to join me.

Can't wait for this Saturday should be a cracker - my prediction - Davey and Wona to dominate infront of their home crowd!

ps

if anyone sees a guy in town today with blue boardies and a melbourne guersey that's me hahA

Have been told by the MFC that the Pee- wee function has been cancelled

This is disappointing as I am flying up Friday morning

Can anyone confirm this function or is there an alternative? The club contact

Melanie is away until Monday so I cannot confirm with her.

Would like to catch up with Demon fans while I am there

Have been told by the MFC that the Pee- wee function has been cancelled

This is disappointing as I am flying up Friday morning

Can anyone confirm this function or is there an alternative? The club contact

Melanie is away until Monday so I cannot confirm with her.

Would like to catch up with Demon fans while I am there

This is WRONG....the function is going ahead start time 7.30PM, just spoke to the venue to confirm what would be comfortable to wear, also received an email, also spoke to the club about five minutes ago to tell them about the wrong start time being passed around on Demonland

Moderators if the above post is spurious can you take some action against the poster.

If not I apologise for the inferrence