• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Top three CHF's to replace Ricky Bobby?

When was Petterd our CHF..?

We could just as easily cover him with Wona

Their very much different players with different roles imo.

Petterd plays more as a lead up forward and take a lot of mark inside fifty on the lead and over packs.

Wona is more a crumber and oppertunist forward.

Wona actually took a surprising amount of marks on a lead for a small bloke.

You won't often find him taking a pack mark, but I'm not sure we ever saw Petterd do too much of that either.

Wona leads to good spots and makes himself and option a lot like Petterd.

Of you're really looking for like-for-like then you could replace Petterd with Hughes off the rookie list..?

Not sure how effective he'd be at this level.

Bate is our CHF albeit a long leading one.

Bate and Sylvia play the role at different times, and have been doing a pretty good job - certainly far better than a player who I supported to the chagrin of others for a long time, but no longer, Miller.

That has nothing to do with Ricky's injury though - he was acting as a smaller leading FF ala Brad Johnston.

Out of interest what is a "hit up CHF"?

Same type Brad Miller was, takes majority of marks on the lead leading out to the wing and then looks to bring it back into the corridor, doesn't take that many pack marks like a John Brown, Wayne Carey, Koschitzke..... Or at least that's how I'd describe it.

Edited by Tall Defence

Was interested in people's opinions as to who should play CHF for the rest of the season now Petterd is out.

I don't know about the rest of the season. At some point Watts will be judged ready and will move into the forward 6, so that will change things. Likewise Wona will (hopefully) be back in there at some point. That being the case, the spot is most likely a stop-gap.

Anyway, I know almost everyone will disagree, but I'd like to see Hughes get a shot. He has good mobility, can take a mark and is described by the coaches as being able to do freakish things. He's been pretty good for Casey the first few rounds and if he never gets a game for the seniors then we'll never really know if he can cut it. Why not let him have a crack at the doggies?

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
Anyway, I know almost everyone will disagree, but I'd like to see Hughes get a shot.

As long as it means that Miller and Newton are not considered I would be in favour of an inanimate carbon rod getting the gig. Give Hughes a game by all means - nothing ventured, nothing gained, eh, and this is a great time to see what our untapped forwards can do.

i hope JW gets hes chance this week, i think they just need to get game time into him and i mean senior game time so he knows how much harder he needs to work, i just reckon we should be giving our youngsters all the chances in the world instead of giving me miller another crack at it who we all know is coming to and end.

Is petterd definatly out for the year or are we still waiting for results?

Morton and Wona arent the same players but they'd have to be a chance for a recall wouldnt they ?? worst comes to worst i'd probably rather have newton down forward then miller coz at least he creates a contest in the forward line even if he doesnt take the grab wheres miller does all hes work up on the wing somewhere....

I would have thought it was time to give Watts a run. My reasons being:

- he could play a similar role to what Petterd plays now, run around the forward line, beat his opponent with speed and then good hands. Also has option to fly for a big mark if the need arises.

- due to the way we really open the forward line now, he wouldnt really get into heavy traffic, thereby protecting his body the way they seem hell bent on doing.

- also like him in this week as the bulldogs don't play as defensive as other teams, thereby maybe giving him a bit more space to run around in

On saying this though, Miller or Newton will come in, the safer option...

I would have thought it was time to give Watts a run. My reasons being:

- he could play a similar role to what Petterd plays now, run around the forward line, beat his opponent with speed and then good hands. Also has option to fly for a big mark if the need arises.

- due to the way we really open the forward line now, he wouldnt really get into heavy traffic, thereby protecting his body the way they seem hell bent on doing.

- also like him in this week as the bulldogs don't play as defensive as other teams, thereby maybe giving him a bit more space to run around in

On saying this though, Miller or Newton will come in, the safer option...

i agree they wont play him and either miller or newton will play but i reckon if hes available they may as well play him

I think Dunne could play Pettards role in a similar way, as he played when he started at the club. Morton could then fill the place in which Dunn is playing at the moment. But i'm hoping that Pettard will still be ok. crossed fingers.

Why not give Watts a run... at Casey he has been playing for the most part off the wing I believe(correct me if I'm wrong... I'm a NSW demon) where he is never going to set the world on fire; so if they were to give him a run up forward, he could actually do alright considering the fact that our mids (Saturday excepted) are giving much improved delivery. In fact, with his pace on the lead and his height, he may be a good option this Friday (but definitely NOT on a wing).

Brad Miller

Yep, Miller's going to play this year. I'm also going to jump 300 metres in the air and do a somersault.

I think we may not see Watts any earlier then Port in Darwin.

It already appears we are sheltering him a bit. So, as opposed to last season, i don't think we will roll him out on national TV this friday, and then back it up agaisnt the Eagles, and have all the world beating down on him if he has a stinker and NikNat is, well, NikNat.

A season debut at the top end of Australia, far away from the prying eyes of most the football world will be the direction i think the FD will take.

I think Dunne could play Pettards role in a similar way, as he played when he started at the club. Morton could then fill the place in which Dunn is playing at the moment. But i'm hoping that Pettard will still be ok. crossed fingers.

dunn has the worst kicking action for goal,,,not sure i could handle seeing him at full forward constantly taking that massive run up and kicking points.

Yep, Miller's going to play this year. I'm also going to jump 300 metres in the air and do a somersault.

I'm no great fan of Brad Miller.......but I'd rather see him playing forward than Newton or Martin.

If Petterd goes out, we need a forward back in.

Miller has had one game this year..........a game we were flogged by the Hawks, and our midfield was a joke!

Service to the forwards was deplorable in round 1!

Since then, quick ball movement has given the forwards a much greater chance, and there have been plenty of easy goals scored on the rebound.

Don't be suprised to see him get another chance, and based on no more than a hunch, if Petterd is out, I reckon Miller will be back this week.