I have egg on my face

deeflog

Guest Thomo

I thought he should have retired last year, and he would only be selected because we made the mistake of making him captain.

I will also go on record as thinking that Bail was the biggest waste of a draft pick that I had seen, Bartam was nothing better than a VFL plodder and that Petterd was never going to be up to it.

I'm happy to be wrong on all accounts so far.

It must help him to have some good footballers around him now he has had to play a bit of a lone hand at times in the middle. I still marvel seeing him bring down much bigger players and pound for pound he would have to be one of the best tacklers in the AFL ever. He is just getting better.

I still marvel seeing him bring down much bigger players and pound for pound he would have to be one of the best tacklers in the AFL ever.

Good point.

Makes a myth of the claim that lighter bodies players cant be expect to commit to contests because of their weight.

Keep it up Junior.

He was awesome when the game was in the balance and he showed the way for the team early when I thought our intensity as a whole was down.

He was out on his feet late in the game and will be having a light week I reckon.

Time that i came out and admitted it....

I was one calling for McDonald to retire at the end of last season!!

Has he proven me wrong, and rubbed a packet of dozen eggs in my face.

I also think its time that everyone who doubted him also, come out and acknowledge you were wrong.

Don't be scared now, there is no shame admitting you got one wrong

I think we need him again next year! His good qualities as a human being & tenacity at the contest & never say die attitude should not only rub off on the kids but his style of leadership is exactly what our future leaders need to see, learn & adopt as their own.

There are other veterans who may be struggling.

Good point.

Makes a myth of the claim that lighter bodies players cant be expect to commit to contests because of their weight.

Keep it up Junior.

RR -a very valid point also another being McKenzie doing the same. If the technique is great, then anything is possible. It is not so much strength or bulk/weight but the manner accordingly. Hope he can see another year of playing --he will be the judge because Junior will not play unless he feels he can do as good as this year.(so far)

Good point.

Keep it up Junior.

I'll certainly put my hand up as being someone who thought Mcdonald was past his best.

On your point, Rhino, I've been hearing a lot of people talk lately of how tackling is a "mentality" - a state of mind that players need to have to have the desire to tackle.

I think it's an interesting one and certainly made me think of the way I played (negatively!).

Time that i came out and admitted it....

I was one calling for McDonald to retire at the end of last season!!

Has he proven me wrong, and rubbed a packet of dozen eggs in my face.

I also think its time that everyone who doubted him also, come out and acknowledge you were wrong.

Don't be scared now, there is no shame admitting you got one wrong

Add me to the list, I thought he was going on for a year too long and would have a steep decline. He is playing some of his best footy.

I thought at the end of last season that this season (2010) may be his last. I could still be on the money with that one. However, after Round 3 on these boards I suggested that he could go another season based on what he had shown in the first few weeks. Then he came out in the 1st quarter against Richmond and had 14p's and tackled like a man possessed and played a great game - led by example.

If he keeps that up he would probably obtain AA and would definitely go around in 2011. Thereby prolonging the hand-over-captaincy debate.

All the power to Junior, he's really enjoying his footy and leading the side well. Setting a great example to the kids. He has come from rookie to one who should finish his career with well over 250 games. He deserves to finish with the side on the up and winning games. Great timing Junior.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.