Top Posters In This Topic

Hitler/Mousselini/Ivan the Terrible

Vlad the Impaler/Manson/Bush

Bin Laden/Amrosi/Zedong

Judas/Hussein/Jones

Lucifer/Jack the Ripper/Stalin

Mugabe/Pengli/Behram

COACH: Kavorkian

thats a great side!!!! winners on every line :) :)

Move on bro. History is great, but hanging on to 24 year old pain is just ridiculous for a sporting incident. Move on

What about the pain in not winning a premiership since 1964--46 years ago..

Move on to where? This club aint nasty enough, that's why we do not win.

agreed- and we call ourselves Deemons..maybe we should change our nickname to Developers or Tankers or better still Injuries.?

Edited by jayceebee31

What about the pain in not winning a premiership since 1964--46 years ago..

That's current. A game that happened 24 years ago is in the past and if you're still angry or sad about it you should probably think about moving on. Clubs like Hawthorn and Essendon don't obsess over lost opportunities, they just look to win the next one.

agreed- and wecall ourselves Deemons..maybe we should change our nickname to Developers or tankers or better still injuries.?

Maybe you should change your username to whinger? Seriously mate, put a smile on your dial.

maybe we should change our nickname to Developers or Tankers or better still Injuries.?

I wouldn't go that far, but i do believe the whole club has too toughen up, which i do think Jimmy & CS are working on, but there is a long way to go

I wouldn't go that far, but i do believe the whole club has too toughen up, which i do think Jimmy & CS are working on, but there is a long way to go

I agree with you, the newest softy is Bennell, somebody should be screaming in his face and telling him if he doesn't start going harder he will rot at Casey, not good enough

I agree with you, the newest softy is Bennell, somebody should be screaming in his face and telling him if he doesn't start going harder he will rot at Casey, not good enough

You weren't watching closely enough yesterday then.

All this talk of 'softness' or a lack of 'nastiness' is utter tripe. I don't look at Geelong, St Kilda or the Bulldogs and think 'Ooh, they're such a nasty, physical team'. They're older and stronger than us. That's all. With time, our group will be older and stronger, then we won't be having this ridiculous conversation.

Bennell is small, lightly built... He is a bit concerned about getting crunched and I saw one example of a 'choke' yesterday which resulted in a turnover... flying with one hand and spilling it 'cause he was conscious of what might be coming from behind. He recovered to lay a tackle that was brushed aside and the Eagle kicked forward for a resultant goal... looked bad. But, his dashes forward through traffic are excellent. He is one of the few who can run and carry. His disposal is not exquisite, but he can improve on this. He is never going to be Leigh Matthews, but he has pace to burn and he is only a second year player. He is forgiven for the occassional blooper!

Edited by waynewussell

All this talk of 'softness' or a lack of 'nastiness' is utter tripe. I don't look at Geelong, St Kilda or the Bulldogs and think 'Ooh, they're such a nasty, physical team'. They're older and stronger than us. That's all. With time, our group will be older and stronger, then we won't be having this ridiculous conversation.

Not Talking about the young kids at all, some of our older stronger players have never reached an acceptable potential

There is a very big difference between those two situations-and until this club does harden up i will keep mentioning it.

Edited by why you little

- latest news re hawks. Roughhead has gone down. If its serious they might struggle to field a team against us round 1.

Just to change tack if I may. Correction. To stay on the original topic of this thread and not go down the whinging path.

Roughhead may have come off in their NAB Challenge, but I've since read Clarkson kept him off knowing that they were already minus Buddy for round 1, and a few other notables. It was more a precaution, to ensure he would be right for round 1. Anyway, we will see if he comes up.

Obviously the Hawks are depleted in the ruck, however they have a splendid midfield in Hodge, Lewis, Mitchell who will cause headaches. If our midfield can win our share of ball in the middle, it's important that the side takes advantage by entering 50 as many times as the Hawks, if not more to have any chance.

The Hawks are good with quick efficient handball through the middle and can be very quick offensively and in transition to look to deliver inside 50 with precision. Our mids have to cut the supply but more importantly try and be as effective with handball/disposal through the middle. Many turnovers will result in loss of the pill, made to look unaccountable because of the turnover, and effectively the same result will apply; another loss.

That's current. A game that happened 24 years ago is in the past and if you're still angry or sad about it you should probably think about moving on. Clubs like Hawthorn and Essendon don't obsess over lost opportunities, they just look to win the next one.

Maybe you should change your username to whinger? Seriously mate, put a smile on your dial.

Have a read ning nong -I was saying we haven't won a premiership since 1964.Read properly. Also I have a smile on my face normally until I notice some posters do not read what another poster wrongly reads something and then let's fly. Just shows me the ignorance of some. :lol::o:o:blink:

Have a read ning nong -I was saying we haven't won a premiership since 1964.Read properly.

He did read it properly. You are the one who has misinterpreted the post which was in reference to WYL.

PS. 45HG16 - it was 22 years ago.

He did read it properly. You are the one who has misinterpreted the post which was in reference to WYL.

PS. 45HG16 - it was 22 years ago.

Still, far too long to hold a grudge - especially in terms of sport.

how unusual that a thread on here turns out like this :mad:

Part of the reason why I love this site so much.. I find the cycle of insightful, well articulated club information, dashed with intelligent debate, followed up with a quick misinterpretation, usually setting off a chain of events which result in a downward spiral of cheap pot shots, petty, bitter little arguing and childish chest beating extremely enjoyable!!

I must have a problem. I enjoy misery.....Lucky i’m A dees supporter then hey??? *Ca Ching*!!!..... aaahhh the pain. Love hurts. Loving this club hurts. These people... these people around here hurt. 45hg16 hurts.

Hightower, hurts

WYL, jacabee.. we all hurt. Part of being a dee supporter means we hurt. But it’s alright... I know there will be alot less bickering around here when we start winning!! Lets be real, 12 wins in 3 years doesn’t really allow us to be cool cats and all non fighting and stuff right? Did the Hawthorne boards of 08 have much bickering? Probably not! There is our answer!

Part of the reason why I love this site so much.. I find the cycle of insightful, well articulated club information, dashed with intelligent debate, followed up with a quick misinterpretation, usually setting off a chain of events which result in a downward spiral of cheap pot shots, petty, bitter little arguing and childish chest beating extremely enjoyable!!

I must have a problem. I enjoy misery.....Lucky i’m A dees supporter then hey??? *Ca Ching*!!!..... aaahhh the pain. Love hurts. Loving this club hurts. These people... these people around here hurt. 45hg16 hurts.

Hightower, hurts

WYL, jacabee.. we all hurt. Part of being a dee supporter means we hurt. But it’s alright... I know there will be alot less bickering around here when we start winning!! Lets be real, 12 wins in 3 years doesn’t really allow us to be cool cats and all non fighting and stuff right? Did the Hawthorne boards of 08 have much bickering? Probably not! There is our answer!

And the reason I love this site is because up here in Queensland, we still hear bugger all regarding AFL football, let alone the Melbourne Footy Club. I come on here (mostly just to read) to get all the latest goss that i might not be able to on the herladsun website or mfc.com.au and the likes. And when a lot of posts turn into negative attacks on the club, players or even fellow posters, it becomes a little frustrating. Debate is one thing, but bullsh!t is another!

And the reason I love this site is because up here in Queensland, we still hear bugger all regarding AFL football, let alone the Melbourne Footy Club. I come on here (mostly just to read) to get all the latest goss that i might not be able to on the herladsun website or mfc.com.au and the likes. And when a lot of posts turn into negative attacks on the club, players or even fellow posters, it becomes a little frustrating. Debate is one thing, but bullsh!t is another!

Yeah nah I hear ya... just I think somewhere deep down, I have a "troll" (is that what you call them) living deep down inside me. It usually never rears its head, but I definately feel I have some kind of sadistic side. Perhaps someone with information pertinant to psychological matters can help me out with a word here...

I highly enjoy Yze majics material. Derive from that what you will...

Move on bro. History is great, but hanging on to 24 year old pain is just ridiculous for a sporting incident. Move on

No offence 45 but you were born in '87, so i do not need you to tell me to get over what happened in both 87 & 88. For 20 Years i watched Hawthorn Kick the living suitcase out of almost everyone. Don't get me wrong, i have respect for them but i still hate their Guts.

You as a great Stats man, i urge you to read up on the Hawthorn FC between 1971-1991.

It all started with john kennedy back in the late 50's who was sick & tired of being belted by Norm Smith's demons.

I Hate the Hawks & their supporters, but we would have been very similiar back in our glory run-expecting to win each week.

We need to get that fire burning again.

Finally i will take the despair bitterness & emptiness of the 87 & 88 Hawthorn defeats with me to my grave-there is no drug known to man that can erase that, i have tried everything!!!!

Go Demons....