5 Years in the Future....How the 2015 Team might look?

hayz

I was thinking about all the quality we have received over the last 3 drafts in particular. I thought i would do what our team will look like when all our current leaders such as Bruce, Green, J mac and Davey are no longer playing. This is my possible 2015 Team which is when we will really be dominating the competition like brisbane (01-04) and geelong (07-09). Obviously we will draft a few new players over the next 5 years but this is my best team looking into the future.

FB Garland Warnock River

HB Strauss Frawley Gysberts

C Blease Jack Viney Grimes

HF Tapscott Morton Sylvia

FF Jurrah Watts Maric

R Gawn Scully Trengove

INT: Jones Moloney Fitzpatrick Martin

EMER: Bennell Bate Jetta Wonaemirri

Note: I included Jack Viney (2011 Father Son Pick) in the team because im sure he will be part of best 22, will be a gun!!!

So what does everyone else think?? Any changes you would make?

I think it looks like an awesome team and I cant wait til 2010 to see the start of the careers of some of our future stars!!!!

One other thing i was thinking who would be captain and Vice?? thought Moloney could be a good choice, then i thought in 5 years time Grimes, Watts, Scully and Trengove could all be worthy. Its a tough one. What does everyone else think?

Go Dees!!!!

Yeah Jack has photos on his facebook of the school winning a footy comp and both Jacks and Luke are in the photo celebrating with the trophy. JT and Luke are right next to each other and viney is right behind them. Looking at it is a thing of beauty, i can picture the red and blue jumper on them in a few years with the cup!!!! I really feel a premiership is coming!!!!

its nice to dream guys but i member back in 2004 we had a thread about our 2009 premeiership team and it had blokes like adam fisher as rover, nick smith CHF steven armstrong on a wing and dale carson at full forward!!! i even cameron hunter and ryan ferguson getting in the best 22!

Give it a rest....

What is the point of this thread? If we have recent 3rd/4th round picks in there like Gawn, Fitzpatrick, Jetta etc., then there should be another 10-12 guys overtaking them in the next five years with earlier picks. It's too early to judge these players, they're not automatically stars because we drafted them at the same time as Scully et al.

Warnock and Rivers would be >30, and probably too slow and injured to still be holding down a spot in the backline.

Don't know about 2015 (too many comings and goings by then to project) but I'd like to see the following side run out against Hawthorn in round 1 next year.

B: Grimes Warnock Frawley

HB: Morton Garland Davey

C: Blease Trengove Bruce

HF: Sylvia Martin Bate

F: Jurrah Watts Green

Fol: Gawn Moloney Scully

Int: Jones Jamar Wonaemirri Rivers

Emer: Bennell Miller Petterd

It's too difficult to assess who will be on our list in three years, rather than five years time, although with the age of the squad, it's not a bad idea to assess how the team will look in a few years time.

I know this is, for intensive purposes, superfluous, but he's my go:

FB New Player Frawley New Player

HB Grimes Rivers Strauss

C Blease Scully New Player

HF Trengove Watts New Player

FF Jurrah New Player New Player

R Gawn Tapscott Gysberts New Player

I Spencer Jones Sylvia New Player

I think that we've got the basis of a good team, but I expect we will add a lot of players in the next few years.

It's good to expect the kids to come good, but realistically, a lot of them won't. Whilst it's definitely getting easier to pick quality players through the draft, it's certainly no guarantee that they'll become quality players.

... i can picture the red and blue jumper on them in a few years with the cup!!!! I really feel a premiership is coming!!!!

That just gave me a shiver down my spine, I never tough I would see Melbourne winning a flag in my lifetime, I think we are going to have a few cracks at the flag, once the young lads have a sold 50-60 games under their belt... They are going to tear the MCG down...

on a tangent.. my son will be born in January, I hope one day he can don the RED & BLUE... Look out 2028!!!!! ;)

Yes Veronica Premiership Teams can include players aged 30 and Yes Veronica Premiership Teams can also include players over 30.

To wit I do not concur with those who automatically assume players like Warnock and Jamar will not be a part of MFC PS 13.

Of course premiership teams include players over 30, but there aren't a lot of players in those teams.

Based on the age of our list, I don't think we'll have many, if any players over 30.

I think Bruce, Green and McDonald would have retired, as for Jamar - he missed half this season due to injuries, he's more likely to do that as he gets older

no offence to the OP, but i hate these threads of best 22 in 3 years time business.

im pretty sure if you went through the demonland archives you'd find one saying that we'd have a ridiculously good team in 2009 with guys like lynden dunn and daniel bell dominating whilst clint bartram was the best tagger in the league and michael newton was kicking 80 goals in a season.

the future is very very exciting, and we have soem incredibly good prospects on our hand. but we've won 1 games out of hte last 66. nothing to be wetting ourselves with...just yet.

Not sure about 2015, but my 2012-13 team is as follows

Warnock Frawley Bennel

Strauss Garland Blease

Davey Sylvia Grimes

Bate Morton Trengove

Wona Watts Jurrah

Gawn Scully Jones

Int: Gysberts, Martin, Maric, Jetta, Pettard, Tapscott, Fitzpatrick, First rounders 2010/11

Assumptions

- James Mcdonald, Bruce and Green won't be around

- Garland and Wona will recover from injuries

- Although they could be around, I can't see Moloney or Rivers bodies lasting till 2013

- Assuming Watts and Morton have bulked up to become powerhouse CHF/FF

- Rediculously strong spine!!!!

NOTE- looking forward, our KP stocks should be actually OK. In defence, Warnock is solid as a rock and has 5 years left in him. Frawley and Garland look like 10 year KP backs. McNamara could be a player also. For the forward line, we are relying heavily on potential. However, if Watts, Morton, Jurrah and Bate become the players I think they can become, we will also be strong in this area too. Martin and Fitzpatrick are the two wildcards who could potentially become our 'Kochitszke type', 200cm mobile forward that's difficult to match up on. Looking forward it makes a lot of sense that we have invested in our midfield. After all it is the midfield that wins premierships

Assumptions

I have liked your work in the last few days S. but that is a flawed assumption.

The VL is designed to keep players like those two around if no other players qualify and we won't have anyone to push Bruce or Green of the VL until 2013 when Jamar becomes eligible and 2014 when Davey does the same (Miller for 2012 but I have made a judgement call there - that he won't be around).

Bruce to play, if he is still doing what he is doing, for another 3 seasons and Green, injuries allowing, 4 more seasons.

Guest straussski

Bennell Frawley Rivers

Strauss Garland Grimes

Blease Jones Davey

Sylvia Bate Tapscott

Jetta Watts Jurrah

Gawn Scully Trengove

i/c Morton Moloney Gysberts Fitzpatrick

Guest Scattsgove

I admire the enthusiasm, but naming a side for 5 years time....cmon.

Jack Viney, is he a mid or a forward or what? If anyone has info, would be appreciated.

• 5 years later...
QUOTE (sylvinator @ Nov 30 2009, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Assumptions

I have liked your work in the last few days S. but that is a flawed assumption.

The VL is designed to keep players like those two around if no other players qualify and we won't have anyone to push Bruce or Green of the VL until 2013 when Jamar becomes eligible and 2014 when Davey does the same (Miller for 2012 but I have made a judgement call there - that he won't be around).

Bruce to play, if he is still doing what he is doing, for another 3 seasons and Green, injuries allowing, 4 more seasons.

What the [censored] are you talking about?

• Like 7