Would it be good to get the priority pick next year?

Courtney_Fish

If we win less than 5 games next year Dean Bailey will not have a job.

Neither will a number of footy dept people and players.

Most understand the difficult path we have travelled over the past 3 years (And its been bloddy difficult).

However, MFC does need to show tangible signs of improvement across a number of areas in 2010. A metric of winning less than 5 games for the year does not bode well.

The next person who even mentions the notion of priority picks going forward.....shoot them !! Weve done what we needed.. Now its time to reap. For all intents and purposes there will be NO more priority picks.. Both GC and GWS get their 'gitfs' compromising the drafts ( and suspending the priority's ) Have no dout they wont come back...just quietly slip into history.

I agree.

Talk of giving him a 1 year extension is way too premature.

If we're 4-8 during the spilt round, then I'd entertain the thought.

If you dont consider a 1 year extension now then its going to be a vote of no confidence if you do it in the last half of next season in the last year of his contract.

And you are unlikely to be in any better position to assess him for another three years at the mid year than you are now for a one year extension.

Anyway this discussion has been done to death on other threads.

http://forums.demonland.com/index.php?show...t=0&start=0

http://forums.demonland.com/index.php?show...t=0&start=0

But its naive to think MFC can just blithely offer a one year extension toward the end of a 3year contract with the expectation of continuing Bailey's coaching. Bailey and his management will be seeking a similar term of commitment from MFC.

Another 3 year term RR ?

What would you be asking for if you were Bailey in regard to the expiry the current contract?

After sacrificing short term goals of match day victories to clean out, recruit/draft and start to develop young players over three years, how receptive do you think Bailey would be to a "Look we are not really sure about you" one year new contract after your existing contract expires?

What would you be asking for if you were Bailey in regard to the expiry the current contract?

After sacrificing short term goals of match day victories to clean out, recruit/draft and start to develop young players over three years, how receptive do you think Bailey would be to a "Look we are not really sure about you" one year new contract after your existing contract expires?

Fair enough. Although, what would you consider if you were in the club's position, in regard to the expiry of the current contract ?

Negotiate for 2 years, is that unreasonable ?

Don't change the topic of this thread, bump an existing thread if you want to discuss a Bailey extension.

On the topic of this thread:

This is the dumbest thread I have seen in a while.

There are no Priority Picks in 2010 AND why the hell would we want to continue tanking?

Play the kids for sure, but when there are no rewards for being crap, who would wish to be crap?

What about a two year contract we have been offering to anyone who's not Davey?

They might be a preference for MFC but the Bailey would be asking why the drop in commitment when I have not dropped my commitment to longer term goals.

In one of the threads I quote another poster covered that toward the end of year the even younger list of 2010 may not give you any clearer guide than you have now if Bailey is the Coach you want for the longer term. The uncertainty you have now maybe the uncertainty you still have in a year. Bailey wants3 years and are you comfortable offering him 2 years? Probably not.

The choices you face now may well be easier than the significant ones you face within 12 months without any real clarity than DB is the appropriate person.

They might be a preference for MFC but the Bailey would be asking why the drop in commitment when I have not dropped my commitment to longer term goals.

In one of the threads I quote another poster covered that toward the end of year the even younger list of 2010 may not give you any clearer guide than you have now if Bailey is the Coach you want for the longer term. The uncertainty you have now maybe the uncertainty you still have in a year. Bailey wants3 years and are you comfortable offering him 2 years? Probably not.

The choices you face now may well be easier than the significant ones you face within 12 months without any real clarity than DB is the appropriate person.

Fair enough. Although, what would you consider if you were in the club's position, in regard to the expiry of the current contract ?

Negotiate for 2 years, is that unreasonable ?

Not if you are still uncertain about Bailey as a Coach. You would only want to give one year which represents a lack of commitment

have this strange sense of deja vu :rolleyes:

Absolutely agree.

Bump an old thread if anyone wants to talk this further.

Now back to whether we play for the PP in 2010 which does not exist.!! :blink: :D

I see Bailey as a very level headed person who would continue on his path. He has so far. Why would he stop with a two year contract?

It's not like he has reputation to fall back on. He is a determined, professional man. I like the direction he's heading in.

And I have not ever heard him say he wants a three year contract, when has he said that?

He is happy to give players 2 year contracts as he understands we cannot give unproven individuals too-long of a stint, I can't see why he would be so against this contract.

Obviously, I reject that analogy. Would you settle for Megan Fox?

He is happy to give players 2 year contracts as he understands we cannot give unproven individuals too-long of a stint, I can't see why he would be so against this contract.

Obviously, I reject that analogy. Would you settle for Megan Fox?

Shelly Craft :lol: