• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Pick 18 - Troy Taylor

Guest hangon007

Guest hangon007

I thought I would try and get some info on this player - every phantom draft I've seen coming out of WA rates this bloke and seems to make him slide to their pick. Then proceed to speak glowing of him. That always makes me suspicious.

Does anybody have and good reliable footage or comments on him?

Troy Taylor (NT Thunder, NT)

Height: 188cm, Weight: 75kg, DOB: 12/09/91

Recruited from: South Alice Springs

After being strongly linked to Gold Coast, the exciting forward who is likened to Daniel Motlop, looks set to be claimed in the top 25, with the first-round certainly in the mix.

Draft range: 8-25

Edited by hangon007

I haven't seen him play but from what I've heard he is a x-factor plus kid, similiar to Jurrah skill wise.

Now for the negative. Got caught up with the wrong crowd when he was younger and I believe he got into trouble for a robbery, not exactly sure of the details but it was pretty serious apparently. Football has been his redemption since the troubles have taken this place

Basically I would love to see this kid on our list, I believe everyone deserves to make amends for past wrongs and football is helping him do that. At 18 he'd be a great pick.

Edit: Snoop Dog over at bigfooty is a well respected watcher of junior talent, his mock draft is one of the few I take notice of. Here is what he says about him...

# 23 – West Coast

Troy Taylor / NT / 190cm / 77kg

This guy is set to be one of the stories of the draft. From all reports a terrific kid but has run into trouble as a teenager. Apparently footy has helped him through and had a marvellous championships. Massive amount of x factor and will be groomed for key fwd. In the Jurrah, Motlop type mould of a 3rd tall fwd. Fitness base seems good and keeps on presenting. Can take a terrific mark and his finishing skills are good without being elite. Frame is still a bit wiry but his athleticism will allow him to get out on his own enough times or if in a pack allow him to leap. This guy is just an excitement machine. Could well go even earlier than this.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=647838

Edited by Jarka

I thought I would try and get some info on this player - every phantom draft I've seen coming out of WA rates this bloke and seems to make him slide to their pick. Then proceed to speak glowing of him. That always makes me suspicious.

Does anybody have and good reliable footage or comments on him?

AFL draft info Troy Taylor

From Jason McCartney's eye catchers week one:

Troy Taylor

I was extremely impressed with Troy. He kicked 3.4 and although he was a bit lazy on his kick, some of his lateral movement and agility was outstanding. There was a little bit of Daniel Motlop about the way he played. He's a good size at 188cm – I reckon he's a shade taller than that – but he plays tall, because of his spring. He also took a brilliant mark running back with the flight – plucking it with one hand – it was quite phenomenal. He is one to watch.

Plenty of talk about Troy locally, plays for the Thunder who compete in the QAFL.

On Taylor:

Article with photo:

YOUNG NT rookie Troy Taylor has finished runner-up in the NAB QAFL Rising Star award...

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2009/09/0...51_ntsport.html

-----

"He is a Jared Brennan/Darryl White type of player," McLean said.

"Troy is just one of those players blessed with great natural talent."

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2009/07/1...15_ntsport.html

-----

It was another impressive display from Centralian young gun Troy Taylor

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2009/07/2...51_news_pf.html

From Jason McCartney's eye catchers week one:

Troy Taylor

I was extremely impressed with Troy. He kicked 3.4 and although he was a bit lazy on his kick, some of his lateral movement and agility was outstanding. There was a little bit of Daniel Motlop about the way he played. He's a good size at 188cm – I reckon he's a shade taller than that – but he plays tall, because of his spring. He also took a brilliant mark running back with the flight – plucking it with one hand – it was quite phenomenal. He is one to watch.

Saw him play last weekend in the lightening premiership championship at Alice Springs. A class above the rest with beautiful foot skills. Good size and athleticism. Moves a bit like Adam Goodes. Whispering Jack highlighted these championships in a post last week. They were shown on Foxtel NITV. I saw the last 5 games with Troy Taylor the most notable player. WJ was going to record the games and also keep a lookout for Liam Patrick (LJ's cousin). He may add further comment regarding Taylor and Patrick.

thank god he isnt 192 :unsure: ..might be worth a later ( for us ) pick..or rookie if still around

still..the cats out of the bag now about these blokes..:D

Saw him play last weekend in the lightening premiership championship at Alice Springs. A class above the rest with beautiful foot skills. Good size and athleticism. Moves a bit like Adam Goodes. Whispering Jack highlighted these championships in a post last week. They were shown on Foxtel NITV. I saw the last 5 games with Troy Taylor the most notable player. WJ was going to record the games and also keep a lookout for Liam Patrick (LJ's cousin). He may add further comment regarding Taylor and Patrick.

Patrick did not play. The actual championships were a pre-recording from April I believe.

SUPER TALENT THIS BLOKE

One issue - he is in plenty of trouble with the LAW.

He is not allowed out of the NT i believe for a few more months, due to prior incidents and being a youth..... From reports he has made an effort to clean his act up and Melbourne could be a really good home for him.

I think it would be worth waiting to see if he gets to 34.

But he can play tall and ruck too so thats an added bonus.... will be a good player!!

maybe 18? will have to trust the MFC on this one.....

but id love to se him in the red and blue

Edited by Barnie

I'm starting to really think we should get this bloke with pick 18.

Pick 1 and 2 basically ensure that our midfield will be chockablock full of talent, along with Grimes, Davey, Sylvia, Morton, Strauss, Blease, Jones, Moloney etc.

Our defense is basically set, with Rivers, Garland, Warnock, Martin, Frawley.

The last piece of the puzzel is our forward line!

If we went Aaron Black pick 11 and Troy Taylor pick 18, we will have a freakishly talented future forward line.

Imagine with me for a second...

Talls will be Watts, Black and Bate

Jurrah and Taylor, at 191cm and 188cm respectively, will be the freakishly talented inbetween height forwards that are impossible to match up on. They can mark like a tall but crumb like a small.

Then the genuine crumbers in Wonaeamirri and Maric.

Pettard, Sylvia, Trengove and Jetta could be attacking midfielder/ half forwards to chip in with 1-2 goals each

The reason he can't leave the NT is because he is on parole... He was sentenced to a youth detention centre for a robbery on a service station (I think) but when he got out I believe his mum moved him from Darwin to Alice because of the group he was hanging around in Darwin... I think he went back to footy whilst in jail after leaving it (top jnr squads) when he was 16....

Not sure where he will go but wouldn't mind melbourne as I believe that if he has turned is life around then he deserves a second chance

Does anybody have any footage of him?

Finnally some footage of Taylor... he looks AWESOME i reckon. So similar to Jurrah it's not funny.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.p...7227&page=2

I'm a big fan of Black at 11 and Taylor at 18.

I know i've said it before, but imagine how versatile and dangerous it would be to have Watts, Bate, Black, Jurrah, Taylor, Wonaeamirri, Maric, Pettard and Sylvia in the forward line.

Each of the those players mentioned is super talented and is a different kind of forward. A real nightmare for opposition!

Watching that video, I actually really don't like the way he trots in so slowly and casually for set shots.

He might kick them, but I just see something in that which makes me cringe.

But I'm clutching at straws. He'll probably be an AFL great by the time he's done.

Watching that video, I actually really don't like the way he trots in so slowly and casually for set shots.

He might kick them, but I just see something in that which makes me cringe.

But I'm clutching at straws. He'll probably be an AFL great by the time he's done.

Funny... i actually love his kicking style for goal. Sure he could probably come in a bit faster with a bit more momentum, but his kicks are fluent and straight and he doesn't struggle with distance.

The fluidity and smoothness of his kicking actually reminds me of Jurrah's set shots for goal.

Alot of the aboriginal kidz just have really natural kicking styles, it's a pleasure to watch, especially compared to Newton and Miller

I'm no member of the PC crowd, but does anyone else see the irony in the treatment of blokes like Ben Cousins (recreational drug use) and Fevola (Dickheadedness while drunk at the Brownlow) while we all sit here and brush aside the fact that kid is a convicted armed robber?

Here's one for you:

Barry Dawson:

21 y/o

188cm 92kg

Due for parole from max security prison in November. Serving time for axe-murdering his mother in law.

Superb disposal either foot and a handy pack mark.

Only drawback is lack of endurance since commencing the methadone programme.

Should go in the top 30 picks.

Highly fancied by Collingwood.

I'm no member of the PC crowd, but does anyone else see the irony in the treatment of blokes like Ben Cousins (recreational drug use) and Fevola (Dickheadedness while drunk at the Brownlow) while we all sit here and brush aside the fact that kid is a convicted armed robber?

Both Cuz and Fevola were in their late twenties this kid was what, 17 or 18? Both Cuz and Fevola were repeat offenders but there is nothing to suggest that this kid is.

Every one deserves a second chance and perhaps if he gets picked up he will tread the straight and narrow, on the other hand he may be a bad kid who will be in trouble all his life. We will never know if no one ever gives him a chance, will we?

Btw there are legal and illegal drugs.

Both Cuz and Fevola were in their late twenties this kid was what, 17 or 18? Both Cuz and Fevola were repeat offenders but there is nothing to suggest that this kid is.

Every one deserves a second chance and perhaps if he gets picked up he will tread the straight and narrow, on the other hand he may be a bad kid who will be in trouble all his life. We will never know if no one ever gives him a chance, will we?

Btw there are legal and illegal drugs.

Yeh righto... ding dong bell, blah blah blah...

I'm not saying he shouldn't be given a second chance, and I'm not saying we shouldn't pick him. I'm just trying to put across the point that there are some rotten dirty inequities when it comes to how people judge others.

I wish Taylor the very best of luck. If he becomes a Demon I will enjoy watching him play and I will probably come to love him. I just hope that he doesn't let a team (and may the Good Lord forbid, the AFL) down by getting drunk and making an ass of himself, or by enjoying a bit of cocaine whilst captaining a premiership side and winning a Brownlow, or, I suppose, the much lesser offense, of committing an armed robbery the night before a final.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be given a second chance, and I'm not saying we shouldn't pick him. I'm just trying to put across the point that there are some rotten dirty inequities when it comes to how people judge others.

I wish Taylor the very best of luck. If he becomes a Demon I will enjoy watching him play and I will probably come to love him. I just hope that he doesn't let a team (and may the Good Lord forbid, the AFL) down by getting drunk and making an ass of himself, or by enjoying a bit of cocaine whilst captaining a premiership side and winning a Brownlow, or, I suppose, the much lesser offense, of committing an armed robbery the night before a final.

I think it is fair to judge a professional footballer who knows he's idolised by thousands more harshly than a kid of 17 (when he committed the offence) who has grown up his entire life with poor role models and a area of Australia where crime is rife.

He probably was led down the wrong path by hanging out with a bad group of friends.

I personally judge a minor who comes from a difficult background less harshly than a ice-addicted 28 yr old role model

I think sometimes we forget how difficult it is for some kids who don't have the advantage of being brought up and raised in a place like surburbia Melbourne with a good education and a stable family environment. Maybe it's just me, but I'm a firm believer that just about everyone should be given the chance to redeem past wrongs.

For the first time while I've been a MFC supporter I also honestly believe that we are in a position to assist guys like this. We have the leadership within the team (Davey) and a coach who understands the hurdles in front of these kids. We also have a president who excells in this area.

Melbourne is the perfect club for a kid like Troy Taylor to find himself and flourish as a person.

He looks very good actually. But the Dees have been pretty big on character when selecting recent picks. Im not sure we'de take the risk. Cant see this guy going at pick 11, and I think Carlisle or Vardy with 18.

If he's around at 34 Im sure we'de go for it but doesnt look like he'll make it that far.