Ball requests meeting with Dees

jnrmac

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke and his manager have requested to meet with the Dees next week.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/demo...f-1225791493885

And so the chase begins.....

Midfield options next year...no particular order....

Davey, Ball, Scully, Trengrove, Green, Bruce, Junior, Beamer, Sylvia, Blease, Jones

Looking really exciting...

A crying shame that.. ... Options! :D

How good is it we have so many options!!

Exciting to watch it all unfold in the coming years...

Grimes yes!!

Maric yes!

Morton will roam the wings and control Halfback as an attacking option?

Bennell direct replacement for Wheels?

without sounding like the wouzer, I would expect nothing else from ball and his manager - it's really just going through the motions. Ball knows that it's ether the dees or the saints, he has no choice but to meet with us.

But yes yes very exciting indeed!

You're a wouzer r_k! :)

I know what you mean. But hey, I'm not thinking of Ball as in the bank, or even approaching the bank.

This period of the MFC has truly galvinised my love of the club.

Let me be clear. I could never have supported another but have previously found myself .. forlorn? Is that allowed?

No more.

WE

ARE

MELBOURNE

Edited by Trident

without sounding like the wouzer, I would expect nothing else from ball and his manager - it's really just going through the motions. Ball knows that it's ether the dees or the saints, he has no choice but to meet with us.

But yes yes very exciting indeed!

When does his contract with St Kilda expire? October 31?

This would be brilliant.

We are already such an improved team in 2009.

Imagine how much better we will be next year with all these awesome additions!

Ball, Scully, Trengove, Blease and Strauss will be 'new recruits' next year to turn our midfield from a weakness into a strength.

Pick 11 and 18 will probably be used on a couple of promising tall forwards to go with Watts, Jurrah and Bate.

Our defence will be a year more experienced and have played another year together to build cohesiveness and confidence.

Plus Garland and Wonaeamirri, 2 of our best youngsters, will hopefully be like 2 new recruits

Don't read to much into Ball and his manager "requesting" a meeting as it is just a sensible thing to do from his part. At this point it is no more certain or better then expected.

Still I am confident that Ball will be at the Dees next year. He will not want another year with limited playing time, money and being in a club that makes him feel inferior.

Sniffle MORTON, AUSSIE, MARIC, BENNELL sniffle

Hardly midfield options.

Edited by Mr Morton

Don't read to much into Ball and his manager "requesting" a meeting as it is just a sensible thing to do from his part. At this point it is no more certain or better then expected.

Still I am confident that Ball will be at the Dees next year. He will not want another year with limited playing time, money and being in a club that makes him feel inferior.

Hardly midfield options.

Agree with both statements, I would not regard any of those 3 are true midfield options, especially when we get 4+ actually midfielders into the side next year.

When does his contract with St Kilda expire? October 31?

Good question ChaserJ. I think someone posted Oct 31, not 100%. If it is, he will be talking to Melbourne uncontracted one would assume.

If Matthew Drain did fly to NY, he wouldn't want to make the trip and not meet up with him. Chances are, he did.

Ball & Connors request would ensure "they are" interested in my opinion, on what the Dees have to offer. As MR indicates, the Dees have the opportunity to go in all guns blazing with the presentation. Fingers crossed on this presentation.

If this fails, I suggest Mfc hires Jaded for putting together future presentations... :lol:

Jaded, just make sure you put est.1858. ;)

Edited by High Tower

Could be requesting a meeting to sound us out about which pick in the ND we would pick him up at.

I like this line:

"We can trump every club through the national and pre-season draft and we think we are an exciting option." - CC

This is essentially the message Ball should get from us at the meeting. You have 2 choices, and we're the better one.

Good question ChaserJ. I think someone posted Oct 31, not 100%. If it is, he will be talking to Melbourne uncontracted one would assume.

All contracts expire on 31 October each year.

I'm still not getting excited.

All you guys should hold your excitement. You'll only end up upset.

Not bad for someone who said we should roll the dice on Bradshaw.

The good news is that he is prepared to talk to MFC. This is to be expected if he is to explore his options. Its early days.

MFC has a good case and we will see how it unfolds.

I dont think you can read anymore into it at this stage.

I think you should hold back your "excitement" as you dont know what he wants at this point.

Nothing to get excited about here.

He might be just getting a competitive market value.

It's Luke Ball, not Ablett, Bartel or Franklin.

There's an element of cultural cringe in regard to

this supposed need to find leadership.

Look within.

Nothing to get excited about here.

He might be just getting a competitive market value.

It's Luke Ball, not Ablett, Bartel or Franklin.

There's an element of cultural cringe in regard to

this supposed need to find leadership.

Look within.

i agree on not getting excited...but melbourne has pick 1 in the psd and plenty of room in the salary cap. so i'm still hopeful.

on paper melbourne can offer everything he wants. Game time, money, contract length, potential captain...

at the end of the day...my melbourne membership would have more value this year if Ball was at the MFC.

At the end of the day if Ball wants a better go, and most likely a better contract we are his only choice. The only thing that'll be holding him back is that we've got a good 3-4 years before we hit the beginning of our window of opportunity, whereas St Kilda is challenging right now. Whether or not he truly thinks he'll be able to crack the team if the make the grand final is the question.

If we get him this could be the greatest drafting/trading period i've ever seen Melbourne do.

Guest hangon007

Geez I would love to be there with my "chocolate" cakes in hand ... would have preferred a big fist full of $$$$$$ ... but as they say in business these days.

Chocolate cakes talk!!!!! ;)