2009 Player Review - # 40 Mark Jamar

Demonland

Mark Jamar – Unfortunately, he is another one whose season was interrupted by injury. When he was actually out there, he was, along with James Frawley, probably our most improved player this year. He worked really hard in the gym over the summer and improved his explosiveness and was then able to push forward and kick goals. This was a good effort, as we mainly considered him as a ruckman. It was good to see him make an impact on games. The key for 'Russian' is to get over his injuries and play more next year and keep that level of improvement up – Sean Wellman on Melbournefc.com.au

really saw something in Jamar this year, for the games he got on the park. Much more confident.

I think when he put his knee into Dean Brogans chest and he had to go off the ground, I saw something new in him. He has been showing some excellent tap work.

Always thought his kicking style was ok and was somewhat vindicated with 5 goals against Carlton.

I think this bloke is getting more confident, and might have a really good 2010 for us. Progressing like Jolly did slowly but surely. Let's keep this one.

We need his bigger body too. not many heavy blokes at Melbourne.

I've re-watched a few games I've had saved from this season and he actually has done exceptionally well.

He's not a star, but he's more than solid. I guess I've always thought of him as being a liability and he's just suddenly become a very competent player.

He doesn't do a lot beyond performing the role given to him, but the things he does do he does quite well.

added a few more tricks to his portfolio did ol Russian. Certainly not one dimensional now. Am actually glad hes staying with us, if only for now. The bugger nearly cost us some games with his goal kicking....:lol:. cost us as in winning !! ;)

Looking forward to his next season and possibly another step up

Jamar could climb into the top six ruckmen in the comp in 2010. It all depends on having an injury free run. He got himself fit toward the end of 2009, impressing with increased flexibility and speed. Jamar has always been a good mark and more than average kick. He is one of those rare (for us) big men who looks at home drifting deep into the forward fifty for a contested mark. The other desirable attribute is that Mark is physically aggressive. He is quite comfortable in the confrontation, won't back down... could be the defender of the likes of Davey and the young guns around the stoppages!

The other desirable attribute is that Mark is physically aggressive.

When he gets the red eyes going and becomes aggressive, he's valuable to the team but in previous years he has been very inconsistent with his intensity. Get your intensity up, get the fire in your belly and be the big man of your team.

added a few more tricks to his portfolio did ol Russian. Certainly not one dimensional now. Am actually glad hes staying with us, if only for now. The bugger nearly cost us some games with his goal kicking....:lol:. cost us as in winning !! ;)

Looking forward to his next season and possibly another step up

Played only a handful of games but had probably his best year in 2009. As 'bub said, he 'added a few more tricks to his portfolio' ....... another product of the Dean Bailey teaching academy? I'd like to think there is some of that, combined with the fact that he is now at an age where ruckmen are generally coming into their prime, and he is probably relishing carrying the #1 ruck mantle for the first time.

Well done Rush ..... you have an important part to play at the MFC over the next few years. Just make sure you are on the park and not watching from the stands.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

I can see why ND kept saying that once he understands just how big he is he will be a valuable player for us. I think he gets it now and he just needs to stay fit to prove it to the world.

I can see why ND kept saying that once he understands just how big he is he will be a valuable player for us. I think he gets it now and he just needs to stay fit to prove it to the world.

Wasn't it PJ he said that about?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.