Miller

Mousey

brad miller has had enough of a chance too make it now time too move aside and give the kids more of a go.

I'd honestly almost rather see newton take millers spot on the field this season... at least newton took a hanger

in hes footy career poor brad wouldnt have to much of a highlight reel.

Problem is i dont reckon we'd be gettin a whole lot for him these days.

I reckon he might get a another year because our forward line is so young so they might want a bit more leadership down

there but in saying that do we want our kids learning from miller? :unsure:

brad miller has had enough of a chance too make it now time too move aside and give the kids more of a go.

I'd honestly almost rather see newton take millers spot on the field this season... at least newton took a hanger

in hes footy career poor brad wouldnt have to much of a highlight reel.

Problem is i dont reckon we'd be gettin a whole lot for him these days.

I reckon he might get a another year because our forward line is so young so they might want a bit more leadership down

If Jack Watts learns how to put the work in the summer that Miller does he will be as good as Riewoldt.

Works his arse off.

If Watts gleans that from Brad Miller, I will be eternally grateful to the man.

If Jack Watts learns how to put the work in the summer that Miller does he will be as good as Riewoldt.

Works his arse off.

If Watts gleans that from Brad Miller, I will be eternally grateful to the man.

forget the coaching staff,etc...and pia miller....brad miller is the man...if only the rest of team could learn off brad

I think Miller is gone.

However in Club that has been bereft of leaders and players whose work rate is exceptional at training and game time, Miller has been a shining light. There is much value younger players could glean off Miller. However, I dont think he is good enough to hold his spot on the list. Its just not enough to have the leadership and work ethic if you are just not able to sustain your place in the team.

As someone else if Watts can follow in those leadership and work rate attributes then it bodes MFC well in the future.

I am sure Newton will judge his career as more successful than Millers on account of his MOTY. I wouldn't.

I think Miller is gone.

Unless he is traded or we pick up another experienced forward I disagree.

I can't see us hanging Watts out to dry on his own as the sole big man up forward. PJ doesn't really fit the bill and I am not sure Martin on a permanent basis does either.

I can't see us hanging Watts out to dry on his own as the sole big man up forward. PJ doesn't really fit the bill and I am not sure Martin on a permanent basis does either.

The big question is then who is going??? I have gone through the list and it is hard to pick. As far as I can see at least three more need to be removed from the senior list.

It would be nice to get an update from the club.

it would, but i think most clubs are waiting for the finals to finish, players to return from operations and holidays and then trade week to make final calls on players

it would, but i think most clubs are waiting for the finals to finish, players to return from operations and holidays and then trade week to make final calls on players

Yep agreed mate.

Yeh but i swear someone said they saw Pia Miller and Brad on TV and Brad said he signed an extension in December????????

Don't know about the potential contract extension, but they were definitely at either the All Australian dinner or the MVP function in recent weeks!!!

Say we lose Miller..

Ideally, Jamar and Martin would rotate thru the ruck and full forward when resting, therefore taking the biggest defender. Add Bate at 192 cms and 90+ kgs and the headache that will be L. Jurrah at CHF and im thinking Watts will prob take the 3rd, maybe 2nd biggest/tallest defender, in a pocket/flank, for a least a season or 2.. (Unless he hits a growth spurt and ups to 200cms ;) )

and personally, i think Garland at 193cms will also be apart of our forward line too, once up to speed again..

Miller has had season after season.. for no result. The 1st to go for me.

Convince him to become a training coach of some sort and find a spot on the fitness team for him if his prep is that good! Same with J-Mac 2011 for his leadership qualities..

Miller would be a much better player if the delivery in to the forward line was of a higher standard. Our forwards have had to put up with terrible delivery over the last, how many, years and it must be hard to mark the ball if it's being kicked over your head, at your feet or to the opposition player. Bet he would like to have it delivered to him lace out every so often.

Miller used to take a lot of marks and if he could convert about a third in to goals he would be a star.

Miller would be a much better player if the delivery in to the forward line was of a higher standard. Our forwards have had to put up with terrible delivery over the last, how many, years and it must be hard to mark the ball if it's being kicked over your head, at your feet or to the opposition player. Bet he would like to have it delivered to him lace out every so often.

Miller used to take a lot of marks and if he could convert about a third in to goals he would be a star.

There in lies the problem.. he doesn't do those things and is light years away from being one. (a star)

When i read your 1st paragraph, i think:

Robbos always managed to do it.

Wonna did it in his 1st year.

Bate did it this year.

LJ did it in his 1st 10 games!

Jamar got more result out of that 5 goal game, than Miller did all season! ;)

There in lies the problem.. he doesn't do those things and is light years away from being one. (a star)

When i read your 1st paragraph, i think:

Robbos always managed to do it.

Wonna did it in his 1st year.

Bate did it this year.

LJ did it in his 1st 10 games!

Jamar got more result out of that 5 goal game, than Miller did all season! ;)

Miller plays a different game to all of them apart from perhaps Bate. Robbo and Jamar stayed around the goals. Wonna is a crumber and LJ is just a gifted freak who can do anything. Bate plays up the ground as does Miller and he doesn't kick a lot of goals either. The problem with them is that they are usually kicking the ball to where they should be.

If Miller was playing from the goal square and he had decent delivery he may be able to kick some goals, I don't think he is a great player but he can be handy and can hit the opposition pretty hard. We don't have too many in the side that can do that.