Forumulated Opinions

- This year's draft is shallow.

Like a broken record and the only "formulated opinion" that's bugging me. When your bottom of the ladder and it's the only good thing your club can take out of the year, why be so pessimistic about it?

OMFG!!

That's it.

I am going to have the FACT that makes this a shallow draft as my signature.

This is bloody ridiculous.

It's an effing rule change!! There is nothing subjective about it. Around a third of the kids normally available, aren't available.

Pessimistic? It just means that our picks are like this in a normal season (thanks to Old55) 1, 3, 27, 51, 75, 99. You can still find some talent in the first 4 picks.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bruce garbage is the best example of this there is. One particularly noisy empty drum comes on, posts a WHOLE lot of trash talk, and then the weak-minded sensationalists read the overwhelming amount of posts on the topic, and feel the need to agree. Not because of the facts presented, but because of how emotive, funny, interesting or otherwise entertaining the post may be. Meanwhile, the player in question has done nothing wrong, or different from how they've always played the game... racking up a couple of hundred starts while at it.

It's masturbation, designed chiefly to expand one posters agenda against a player, which is 100% unjustified (even if he DID sleep with his sister). And the worst part is, because they're experienced in forums and know how to grab the attention of the great unwashed, the agenda gathers momentum until it's blown out of proportion.

What's funny about it is that Bruce's detractors have been made fools of time and time again. They keep taking swings at him, and he keeps playing good footy, and his many supporters keep putting the critics in their place. Shows how good he is, after a fashion.

What's sad is that Bruce's "lovers" deride any criticism of him as somehow inspired by Y_M, taking pot shots at other posters instead of considering whether they might be making a valid point.

What's sad is that Bruce's "lovers" deride any criticism of him as somehow inspired by Y_M, taking pot shots at other posters instead of considering whether they might be making a valid point.

Yeah, I agree.

Irrespective of YM's views I still think Bruce takes short steps, has below average disposal and often makes bad decisions sending the ball to a 50/50 but somehow managing to put it to his teammate's DISadvantage.

Beyond that he's a great player. Gut runs, is tough, goes to the right spots, gets a lot of the ball, not a bad shot for goal, reads the play well.

Just nowhere near where he needs to be for the reviews he gets.

Guest fatty

Nice one, Pedro.

Chris Johnson is Judas

Scott Thompson is a Crybaby

Dingoes eat babies

Running across the mark with a minute to go in a final is forgivable

Hannabal is a good bloke

Norm Smith cursed the MFC

Brad Miller is a good footballer

Neale Daniher had no planB

Craig Cameron is a genius

Tanking is the AFL's fault

Freak doesn't know what he's talking about

David Neitz was good but not great

Robbo is a team player

Axis of Bob knows what he's talking about

Internet forums are good for your ego coz they make you feel important and wise

I enjoyed that.

Edited by fatty

I don't entirely disagree with that.

I thought someone might pick that out this is probably not the thread for it but anyway.... Nathan Jones is actually a fairly good kick, in fact when he is on he is one our best deliverers inside 50. The mechanics of his kicking are fine. I believe that players like Jones take time to deal with angles, distances, speed measurements and options.

Jones is an attacking footballer. He likes to get the footy and get himself into a position where he can deliver to a team-mate in the corridor and he always attacks the goals. This is a good trait.. as long as there are clear targets available for him to drill his passes to. He gets in trouble when he needs to take a defensive option, he still uses the corridor when he should go sideways or to a contest on the boundary. Its these subtleties that he needs to work on.

His kicking over the last month has been very good bordering on excellent. I still believe he is one of the most important players on our list. He has the attacking mindset and self belief to take us forward.

Norm Smith cursed the MFC

Neale Daniher had no planB

Craig Cameron is a genius

Tanking is the AFL's fault

They're the only ones from your list that I would say qualify as 'forumulation'. The rest are just your garden variety misconceptions.

Guest fatty
And Norm Smith didn't curse the MFC, the board that sacked him did - hence the curse of Norm Smith.

That's actually your formulated opinion but its wrong.

Otherwise it would be called "the curse of the board that sacked Norm Smith" and its not.

The curse belongs to Smith so its his curse. The sacking was the catalyst.

Regardless, its a myth so its all irrelevant anyway.

Another one:

Internet forum posters are normal, well-adjusted members of society.

That's actually your formulated opinion but its wrong.

Otherwise it would be called "the curse of the board that sacked Norm Smith" and its not.

The curse belongs to Smith so its his curse. The sacking was the catalyst.

Regardless, its a myth so its all irrelevant anyway.

Another one:

I'd say I'm more right than you.

Look at all sports "curses" and they pertain to the person invovled, not a description behind it.

Sports Curses

The "curse of the bambino" is not called the curse of the Red Sox trading Babe Ruth to the Yankees. The MFC curse refers to what happened to Norm Smith and it's subseqeuent "impact" on the MFC - hence it's the curse of Norm Smith.

And as to your last point, my mummy thinks I'm cool.

Guest fatty
I'd say I'm more right than you.

Look at all sports "curses" and they pertain to the person invovled, not a description behind it.

Sports Curses

The "curse of the bambino" is not called the curse of the Red Sox trading Babe Ruth to the Yankees. The MFC curse refers to what happened to Norm Smith and it's subseqeuent "impact" on the MFC - hence it's the curse of Norm Smith.

And as to your last point, my mummy thinks I'm cool.

Well, you used Wikipedia so you must be right. I concede.

But I'm better looking than you and your Mum is a liar.

That's no myth, we are all well-adjusted and functioning members of society.

Isn't that right invisble reincarnation of Abe Lincoln?

"It sure is, rpfc."

See? We all agree.