• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

All of you Dunn haters

Freak

I've always said that he has something to offer our football club, yet most people on this site wanted him delisted at the end of the year for no apparent reason. Once again, i've shown you all up and he has shown that he deserves another contract.

Its called opportunity fellas, you cant play good footy unless you are given it.

Not the most enticing thread to enter with a title such as the one you have posted freak. Good to see the 190-192cm ;) tagger come midfielder come forward excelling when it least matters. ;) at the end of the season when we are fielding our weakest sides against the likes of cellar dwellars Richmond and North Melbourne.

Edited by High Tower

I've always said that he has something to offer our football club, yet most people on this site wanted him delisted at the end of the year for no apparent reason. Once again, i've shown you all up and he has shown that he deserves another contract.

Its called opportunity fellas, you cant play good footy unless you are given it.

Glad to see he's showing finally something. But let's see him do it in some meaningful games, not just a few dead rubber, end of season matches. As far as oppotunities go. I think he has had more than his fair share.

Get back to me when he plays well against a team vying for a top four position. Blind Freddy could play well against Richmond and he was far from spectacular today.

Jesus. Your predictions are the forum equivalent of trying to throw a pebble in a bucket by taking a handful and piffing them in it's general direction.

Dunn has some skill, and CAN play good footy. But it's two games FFS. And it's against the Roos and Toigs.

When he does it for a whole season, and against decent opposition, then you'll see more than 4 replies to a thread like this.

he can't do it for a whole season if he isnt selected for over half the games. He can only play the teams that the coaches allow him to play. Still waiting for a man to put up their hand and admit they have been wrong

You'll be waiting a long time. He's proven exactly nothing that his detractors didn't already know about. Besides, he wasn't playing well enough to be called up in the round he wasn't selected.

And Freak, you'll get a chorus of people admitting their own fault as soon as you do the same with your countless howlers.

And for the record, I'm a believer in Dunn, always have been. And even I don't think he's proven any more than we knew he was capable of.

Put it back in your pants.

He is still not in our best 22.... ANd with pick 1+2 coming our way will need a big preseason and start to next year.

You have to give him his just deserve and say he has played well but needs to do it in important games in which he didn't early in the season....

Listening to fox sports they also highlighted that he may be a little soft.. Saying that soft players get some soft free kicks or something.. with all the crap they spoke i was hardly listening to them!

Infighting aside, Dunn did perform well yesterday, his long kicking was damaging. He's just now getting to the time in his career where he should be using his natural attacking ability and size to take the game on. Still has a way to go in terms of maturity and commitment, but he has done enough to keep his spot and his upside is far ahead of the likes of Bartram or Bell.

Dunn IMO has some good qualities.A couple that come to mind straight off are :He has a great motor and that he is a hard worker.

With a bit more confidence I think he could be very useful in any future plans.Stick with him I say.

I've been a believer in Dunn and still have hopes for him as a forward. He still has along way to go to prove his worth but on the upside he's getting some games and appears to be hitting the ball and the packs harder than before. He knows he's on the chopping block and he's finally starting to play like it. A 1 year contract is all he's worth.

Why dont your make better use of the hand you dont type with and put it up in the air and admit and list your errors Freak?

Its sure to take some time.

Well i'll put my hand up and say that I was the first one to question/slam Daniel Bell and Miller. I also always had faith in Frawley when others had partially given up. I had always rated petterd as our best youngster (and so far he has shown he is very close to that) when people were saying that if we lost him to the gold coast he was no big loss :S. I've only ever been proven once and that was with Garland. I thought he was a hack, but he did some good things last year. Anyway, add Dunn to my resume

Edited by Freak

Well i'll put my hand up and say that I was the first one to question/slam Daniel Bell and Miller. I also always had faith in Frawley when others had partially given up. I had always rated petterd as our best youngster (and so far he has shown he is very close to that) when people were saying that if we lost him to the gold coast he was no big loss :S. I've only ever been proven once and that was with Garland. I thought he was a hack, but he did some good things last year. Anyway, add Dunn to my resume

Yes, yes, yes... congratulations.

You are a football genius.

All bow down before the great one...

You're not impressing anyone, rather, you're making yourself look like a fool.

A needy fool who is desperate for acceptance, attention and recognition from others.

You won't get it here, these forums are completely self-serving, so please shut up.

Pull the other one and it plays Tinkabel, Freak.

Nice 'CV' by the way. Massive call on Bell. :blink:

You have to wonder about the ego of posters who have to start threads saying "They were right" when their true colours have been worked out by every other poster.

You have been made a fool on your condemnation of Miller. He is a battler but your puerile attacks on him are a reflection of you not him

You haven't been Robinson Crusoe on Bell and Frawley.

The fact is Freak your proven wrong frequently and this thread once more evidences your notoriety and your lack of knowledge by other posters

Just for starters and this is only at a glance....

1. Newton....has no flaws.

2. A players kicking can never be improved. (Glad you support Petterd. His disposal has been one of his weaknesses. :rolleyes:

3. Forward defensive pressure is overrated.

There are three of the truly dumb arguments you have festered here. And there are indeed more..

As for your resume..... :unsure: I would hightail it down to Centrelink where it can be properly assessed.

Dunn IMO has some good qualities.A couple that come to mind straight off are :He has a great motor and that he is a hard worker.

With a bit more confidence I think he could be very useful in any future plans.Stick with him I say.

Dunn will make it .. works hard and involves himself in the team things :angry:

Once again Freak, your wrong. Just plain wrong.

There's quite a few people that have kept interest in Dunn's developement, sometimes frustrated with him, sometimes thinking of a possible trade outcome, but definately not thinking he just not AFL material at some level.

I've allways thought that he was a bit timid about being hit on the head, which was correct, but hopefull that he'll overcome this issue. I feel confidant that he's on the way to getting past this issue.

His attributes of speed & endurance, plus kicking ability, are very handy to our team makeup & I would like to keep him on, to continue his developement. No hate about it.

To be honest, I can see his career paralleling that of Kayne Pettifer, which is surely over at this stage (not that I am saying they are in any way similar players)