Melbourne v Sydney Swans

dee-luded

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what u mean here Jaded.

I am suspicious that perhaps the Morton-Goodes match up was meant to be an experiment that will prove costly, with the idea being that Morton gets taught a real lesson by Goodes, who runs wild and helps them win the game.

If we were serious about winning, surely Bruce would have been given the job.

Morton is a real pain. Last week we chucked him up forward and he kicked 3. This week we put him on Goodes and he's beating him. Gotta drop this kid, seriously! ;):lol:

Edit: Cheney on Micky O is also working out far too well.

Not sure what u mean here Jaded.

Obviously Jaded's inferring this possible mismatch may have played in favour of the Swannettes and helped their advantage ( our position..nudge nudge )

Seems Cales up to the task...thats great. We do actually want some player advancements...just not to the detriment of our aim ;)

Morton I think might come down with a case of Lacus Influenza... a bit going around I hear...:lol:

Watching on Fox and seriously you would question the ability of a lot of our blokes to be decent afl players

Was going to make a list of those whose skills are suburban at best and the realised the shorter list would be the ones that are up to scratch

Only ones with skills up to it

Davey - (poor though today)

Jurrah - (thank god)

Bennell - (only learning - did the steven stretch early and it looked really bad)

If someone can find another one please do. I really do hope I am wrong. BTW just because you can kick long doesn't mean you have great skills either.

In all honesty we wouldn't beat the VFL teams with what we are dishing up today. Thank god it is the early game on Fox and not too many would be watching the "slopfest" (stolen from supermercado but is apt). FWIW the Swans aren't a hell of a lot better.

I can say though that we are not tanking. You have to have the ability in the first place to tank.

This is tough watching

I am suspicious that perhaps the Morton-Goodes match up was meant to be an experiment that will prove costly, with the idea being that Morton gets taught a real lesson by Goodes, who runs wild and helps them win the game.

If we were serious about winning, surely Bruce would have been given the job.

Morton is a real pain. Last week we chucked him up forward and he kicked 3. This week we put him on Goodes and he's beating him. Gotta drop this kid, seriously! ;):lol:

Edit: Cheney on Micky O is also working out far too well.

Get it now. Great signs for 2010 though, if some of the kids do well in a game we look like losing.

This team is incapable of beating either Richmond or North Melbourne. Turnover after turnover after turnover...it is pretty frustrating to watch.

Two goals & 6 scoring shots in a half of footy? What's the story?

On the other hand the score matters less - how's McKenzie going?

Hes going really well and in fact on 50 dream team points is 4th highest for Mfc

Hes going really well and in fact on 50 dream team points is 4th highest for Mfc

Going ok. Another preseason and he could be a real asset to the club.

Valenti is not doing much at all.

Newton has been servicable for the delivery but still needs to do more, a lot more. But his chasing and talking has improved out of site. It is his kicking that really lets him down.. As I say this he works up to half fwd/wing to take a leading mark then hospitals a kick that results in a ball up instead of a mark!

hahaha Newts on the lead for a nice mark.... on the right fwd 50 arc. Goes back for a shot... Now he was having a shot on goal mind you and the ball landed 25 meters out on the left side of the goals. Horrible kick.

Edited by Cards13

FLUFFEROOO! Miller's kicking is atrocious!

Easy mark to Mills in the right fwd pocket 15-20 out on a pretty easy angle.... and another fropping miss!!!

If we have a skills coach or goalkicking coach they need to hand there cheque back this week.

Bate has a shot for goal from the right fwd pocket on the boundry line after the siren..... POINT.

13 points to the Swans at 3 qtr time.

Now you all do realise that Frosty's been put up the sharp end for a reason !! :lol::lol::rolleyes:

Jurrah mysteriously on the bench for big periods of time in this quarter. Thank god!

9 inside 50's, or thereabouts, with Jurrah in there, is at least a 2-3 goal return. Remove Jurrah, and it's a 1 goal return.

Bate, Newton and Miller is the worst tall-forward combo I have ever seen. Two can't kick, one can't bend over, and all three lack smarts. Comical stuff.

McKenzie has been OK. I like his hands in close.

17 inside 50's to 6 to the Dee's for that qtr...for a return of 2 goals 5 points.

Jurrah might be nursing some soreness from when he went down in the 2nd. Ankle or shin maybe.

Jaded if it wasn't our team it would be comical indeed. SPot on with the 2 can't kick and one can't bend.