Jack Watts

jabberwocky

Nice.

Say what you want about Watts, but we cant have any more of our brightest payers walking out.

It is a culture killer.

Article also states that Melbourne and Collingwood are both after Taylor Adams.

• Like 2

I spoke to a client today, who has a connection to the Watts family. Apparently, Paul Connors (Watts' manager) has been desperately trying to convince Jack to get a deal done with Carlton. However, after meeting with Roos on a couple of occasions now, Jack has been so impressed that he will almost definitely re-sign.

• Like 4

Nice.

Say what you want about Watts, but we cant have any more of our brightest payers walking out.

It is a culture killer.

Article also states that Melbourne and Collingwood are both after Taylor Adams.

Amazingly, after the events of the last week, I think I'd say we're actually in a better position than Collingwood to attract a guy like Taylor Adams...

Although, don't be surprised if he chooses the Pies. Adams was playing U/16 for Vic Country when Buckley was their coach in between media stints. Adams was the coach's pet at the time.

I know some kids that played in that team, and at the time they said Buckley consistently used Adams as the example of what the others should aspire to.

I spoke to a client today, who has a connection to the Watts family. Apparently, Paul Connors (Watts' manager) has been desperately trying to convince Jack to get a deal done with Carlton. However, after meeting with Roos on a couple of occasions now, Jack has been so impressed that he will almost definitely re-sign.

That hardly sounds like Connors is looking after Watts' best interests.

In fact, it sounds like he has a completely different agenda.

• Like 1

That hardly sounds like Connors is looking after Watts' best interests.

In fact, it sounds like he has a completely different agenda.

The manager's job is to get the best deal for his client. By going to Carlton it sounds like Watts is more likely to:

a) get more money

b) play finals sooner

More than likely Connors fee will be based on the size of Watts contract, so it makes sense for the agent to try and talk him into accepting a larger offer.

If I was Watts manager up until Paul Roos day I would have told him to leave as well. Whilst he hasn't covered himself in glory, Watts has been mishandled and under developed. Off field the club has hardly been stable either. You couldn't blame his manager for suggesting a fresh start.

Gee Im so excited Jack is back

Hope he gets motivated and plays a great role at the Dees

No more pathetic efforts jack !

Hopefully Watts will hit his stride next year.

I am pretty confident with the Timber and talent around him in the forward line that these boys will cause headaches

reserve opinion til I see him tear it up. He could, he might, but will he.

watch this channel

Paul Connors has always been a snake

I'd like to see a term incorporated into Watts' new MFC contract that he be obliged to sack Connors as player agent and retain the services of someone with a brain.

I will be very, very happy to see Watts and Sylvia re-commit to this club.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

reserve opinion til I see him tear it up. He could, he might, but will he.

watch this channel

Which tear are you referring to? I hope it's not the wet variety.

• Like 1

If WATTS stays, I'd like to see him out on the wing. A "wide receiver" of sorts.

To do that his endurance running both ways and defensive mindset would have to improve dramatically.

But he wouldn't have the same amount of Heavy Physical contact which he obviously doesn't like.

• Like 2

Which tear are you referring to? I hope it's not the wet variety.

aplogies..loll tear it up on the field of course.. :unsure::rolleyes:

Connors this morning on SEN stated he would think Watts would be staying at Melbourne.

Yeah I heard that.

He kept saying how "loyal he is to Melbourne" and he believes he'll be in our colours next year.

Club neeeds to look over the shoulder at the likes of Collingwood..They dont plssfart around, nor should we. whilst you dont want to throw any babies out with the bath water you dont want any babies either

probably hanging off.they would be waiting until carlton get booted out of finals

once again Essendon interferes with season because deal would be done by now

interesting that a change of coach can impact on a player so much

would understand if he was not getting a game and wanted to move ,but hes been looked after at our club

said it before and I will say it again,can he play better footy because of the new coach?

I very much doubt it,the team WILL improve so it will look like he has improved

my advice .screw carlton and get another selection at draft ,which can be used

like JW,but please this subject is naught,i said 3 months ago his manager was all into MM and nothing has changed

to be btutally honest a scalp on the table will do r"oos the world of good,and straighten things up a bit

would understand if he was not getting a game and wanted to move ,but hes been looked after at our club

said it before and I will say it again,can he play better footy because of the new coach?

like JW,

Screw Carlton like we did with Brock? No thanks.

Jack will start season 2014 aged just 23 and still with his best years well ahead of him. I believe that the right coach CAN motivate a player to the point of changing their psyche and I believe that Roos will be able to (with the right assistants) get Jack to become a fearless footballer... pain is easily overcome, but to overcome the fear of being hurt takes a bit more... that is where Roos comes into the picture; look at how he made the Swans into one of the hardest teams going around.

probably hanging off.they would be waiting until carlton get booted out of finals

once again Essendon interferes with season because deal would be done by now

like JW,but please this subject is naught,i said 3 months ago his manager was all into MM and nothing has changed

to be btutally honest a scalp on the table will do r"oos the world of good,and straighten things up a bit

Why would the Team improve and not Jack???

Why would the Team improve and not Jack???

at his limit I think

good team may make his efforts golden

but that's his limit

Just made the scariest bet ever with a diehard Carlton Supporter:

If Jack Watts stays at Melbourne he has to wear a Melbourne Jumper with Number 4 on the back to Melbourne vs Carlton next year.

If Jack Watts leaves and goes to Carlton then I have to wear a Carlton jumper with number 14 on the back.

Please Jack don't let me down!!

I couldn't take having to wear that scummy jumper to the footy!!!

• Like 10