Casey Scorpions v Geelong

KC from Casey

I can't think of another recent number 1 pick who has had a slower start to their career.

Fair point i cant think of one either. I also think we are all going a bit easy on him because we are petrified he wont turn out to be the player we thought he would be hence the "he will take time" argument.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

We knew before he was drafted that this year he was going to focus on his VCE and then he would commit to football. IIRC he wasn't going to move this year if an interstate club drafted him. Patience people. We are seeing what a development year has done for players such as Grimes and Maric.

Brendan Goddard took a little while and he is a "tall" who has really come good.eventually.

I can't think of another recent number 1 pick who has had a slower start to their career.

Nick Riewoldt only played 6 games in his first season and kicked a total of only 2 goals.

Having said that, I don't think Watts will play 6 games this season......

BUT even still, people, come on, the kid will be fine. This is the patience we were all told we needed to have. He's going to be a 10 year plus player. As it stands he is only a handful of VFL games into his career.

Yes, it would be great if he were setting the VFL on fire. But he's not just yet.

Give him his time.

I must have been at the wrong game. Watts had 20 possessions playing on a wing. He moves superbly, has great disposal, and makes really good decisions. I left the ground happy that we have a future star on our hands. He couldn't do much more considering the position he's being made to play.

I then come on here and read [censored] supporters complaining about his progress. Geez I hate Melbourne supporters.

Dumb farks.

Give him a break. He was taken at the age of 17 and only turned 18 a few months back. Just give him some time and he'll show us something.

What do you mean 'give him a break', and who said I'm doing anything but 'giving him time'?

I'm merely pointing out that in comparison to other recent no.1 picks his development has been very slow, is this forbidden? Are we only allowed to post the positive things about Watts?

Don't be so precious

Most of the time number one pics are played strait away regardless, its just dean baileys approach no need to rush into things, though i really hope he plays more games towards the end of year and im confident he will.

Just got back, thought Jack did ok. Good skills looks like he has plenty of time...

Cheney was also very good. Very solid.

Valenti was also in the best. works very hard nad is strong in close.

Packed forward line with everyone trying to snag one.

robbo kicked about 3.5, having pot shots form the boundary even though i thought he could have given a few off.

Jurrah looks like he could be anything. some very clever taps and chase downs. Kicked a couple late when the game was over.

Hughes took a couple of really good marks going back with the flight. kicked straight and gave of a few. Best team player in the forward line!!!!!

Newton, took some good grabs and worked harder than i have seen him. good pressure caused a few turnovers.

Jetta wasn't in much but it was a packed forward line.

Dunn was ok, but the one thing we noticed that when he had the ball he wouldnt kick to petterd or hughes a few times. not sure if we read to much into that. another occasion had a pretty average attempt at goal when 55 out and he had a few guys on.. he struggled to take an overhead mark on a few occasions which was disappointing

What do you mean 'give him a break', and who said I'm doing anything but 'giving him time'?

I'm merely pointing out that in comparison to other recent no.1 picks his development has been very slow, is this forbidden? Are we only allowed to post the positive things about Watts?

Don't be so precious

To me it just seems like whinging for the sake of it.

I must have been at the wrong game. Watts had 20 possessions playing on a wing. He moves superbly, has great disposal, and makes really good decisions. I left the ground happy that we have a future star on our hands. He couldn't do much more considering the position he's being made to play.

I then come on here and read [censored] supporters complaining about his progress. Geez I hate Melbourne supporters.

Dumb farks.

I totally agree mate. I also went to the game and thought he was good, moves well, always has time and used the ball very well. I honestly cant believe people making these comments and didn't even see the game haha

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

@ anyone who saw the game - is Newton ready for the call up? I hope so. He seems to have some upside to look forward to once he believes that he can play at the top level.

Nick Riewoldt only played 6 games in his first season and kicked a total of only 2 goals.

Having said that, I don't think Watts will play 6 games this season......

BUT even still, people, come on, the kid will be fine. This is the patience we were all told we needed to have. He's going to be a 10 year plus player. As it stands he is only a handful of VFL games into his career.

Yes, it would be great if he were setting the VFL on fire. But he's not just yet.

Give him his time.

Pretty sure that Reiwoldt was injured in his first year otherwise he would have played more games.

@ anyone who saw the game - is Newton ready for the call up? I hope so. He seems to have some upside to look forward to once he believes that he can play at the top level.

Yeah i would have thought so, especially after our forward line last night. Probably a couple that could. Newton, hughes.

Jurrah a outside chance. Highly doubtful

Not sure robbo did enough chasing and team things to get back

Dumb farks.

Whose complaining? Haven't read many people complaining, if so they're the minority

hey guys.

Strauss - had 32 touches and 9 marks. Despite having one kick-in clanger (that gave the opposition a goal) his disposals were good. he also kicked a nice running goal from 45m.

Wheately- Had 19 touches, 5 marks. Played quite well with his disposals.

Zomer- 10 kicks, 3 handballs, 5 goals. Kicked 2 goals in the first 5-10 minutes then kicked one in the 2nd, one in the 3rd and one in the 4th. His best game this year.

Petterd- 27 touches

Cheney- 32 touches

Watts 22 touches

Jurrah- 14 touches 3 goals

Robbo- 3 goals 6 behinds

Newton- 18 touches. Cant remember how much he kicked. But he is easily in our best 22...and its basically tanking that he isnt in our team

Valenti- 27 touches

Mckenzie- Very very quiet, under 15 touches

Jetta- he got a bit of it but didnt finish off his good work.

This is as good as my memory can get me.

According to the sporting pulse website Watts was in our best today so I don't know why some people are saying he was quiet and others are saying he was good. Think some people may just be expecting him to dominate which is a little unrealistic in my opinion at this stage. I wasn't there but from the sounds of it he's been a solid player in every match. I say lets bring him in round 14 to play out the season and get a good taste!

Guest sticksmorton

Luke Ball only elected to play school footy instead of Saints in his final year of school. So he didnt play his first year.

Watts had a pretty good game today i hear from a few that went to the game.

What are the chances of a queens bday debut?? Not just for watts, any one who looks likely??

Given how bad our forward line Is at the moment Id say anyone of Newton, Robbo, Watts, Jurrah should be considered. Petterd, Cheney, Dunn, Valenti all did well today also.

hey guys.

Strauss - had 32 touches and 9 marks. Despite having one kick-in clanger (that gave the opposition a goal) his disposals were good. he also kicked a nice running goal from 45m.

Wheately- Had 19 touches, 5 marks. Played quite well with his disposals.

Zomer- 10 kicks, 3 handballs, 5 goals. Kicked 2 goals in the first 5-10 minutes then kicked one in the 2nd, one in the 3rd and one in the 4th. His best game this year.

Petterd- 27 touches

Cheney- 32 touches

Watts 22 touches

Jurrah- 14 touches 3 goals

Robbo- 3 goals 6 behinds

Newton- 18 touches. Cant remember how much he kicked. But he is easily in our best 22...and its basically tanking that he isnt in our team

Valenti- 27 touches

Mckenzie- Very very quiet, under 15 touches

Jetta- he got a bit of it but didnt finish off his good work.

This is as good as my memory can get me.

Thanks Freak. Can you confirm where Petterd played?