• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Russell Robertson

Roost It

I think he needs to be called out infront of his teammates.

Whether it iss done by Bails or someone else (preferrably Brock) it has to be acknowledged and stamped as completely unacceptable.

Shame him and let it be known that this is completely unacceptable and no one is sacrosanct, no matter what else they bring to the table.

Bails question when he dragged him: So take me through that Russ..

I think he shamed himself no need to shame him in front of everyone and I am sure his team mates will be shaming him all week about it light heartedly too. He needs to continue to learn about the game and as it is one of Bails major underpinning philosophys Bails might need to give him a spell in the magoos ig he does not show enough of a turn around on the track this week.

Also I'd say Fev is very selfish and Robbo's actions point to selfishness. He also had two occasions he could have blocked a Hawks player touching a ball heading for goal on Sunday and instead went for speccies.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Robbo's output was as stellar as Ablett's I would cut him some slack. However his clown act was the worst example of trait throughout his career where he has unduly focussed on GOD/MOD showmanship to the detriment of the team things. Its been a symptomatic habit throughout his career.

In other words your opinion is compromised.

On the second point I won't argue the showman aspect he has displayed on occasion but it seems to distort for some people what he actually does do in situations where he is against the odds. The kick on the goal line was perhaps a clown act but he is not the first person to go up for a hanger and land square on his ass (possibly winded) to consider a short cut. He was quite simply blind sided and opportunity bit him on the back side.

On Ablett, ability aside, Ablett is fortunate at least to not have the best defender or be the sole player to perform for his team up forward. Yes he has tags and is a machine player to brush them aside but Robbo plays above his height and is a go to man - this is not an easy task.

You are right about Steve Johnson. Up to 2007, he was a talented but selfish and lazy footballer who could only see the word "ME" in team. Its a measure of the culture at Geelong that they would not tolerate his antics further. He changed in 2007. He changed big time. And boy were Geelong better for it. I dont think Robbo is as good as Johnson but he could still offer so much to Melbourne if he focussed on team issues. Pity is the Robbo will wax about how he loves the Club. He does but he does so on his terms. In his 13 season if he does not get it he wont now. If an 18yo player did it you would hope it could be worked out of him. But at 30/31, come on. Its embarrassing.

So indeed, Robbo was/is not the only apparently selfish footballer.

Again the task that Robbo has in an unfamiliar forward set up means he has to play to his strengths - that is not selfish football but sometimes his plays can be a gamble for a multitude of reasons - no crumbers for one. Also Robbo has been institutionalised to the Daniher era and is 5 years older than Johnson, Johnson was lucky that the coach intervened when he was so young that it changed the fundamental way he approached the game, not just mentally but when he has the ball.

Yes, the attempted goal looked embarrasing and the coach dealt with it accordingly.

And I think its years of accepting those antics from Yze, Robbo and TJ that many think its acceptable or natural for forwards to beselfish above the team goals to be self focussed and times lazy and unaccountable. For successful teams it isn't. You just cant compromise on it. The sooner MFC gets to the next generation of footballers that understand the importance of the unwavering commitment to the team ethic the better the club will be.

Well you may be right here with some supporters but I don't think this is a very common belief. The club accepted mediocrity here and there under Daniher and didn't iron out problems with players when it should have. Robbo in some respects is indeed a symptom of this but I think people are missing the point with the way he plays some times because he has to play that way. Nearly every poster on this site acknowledged Robbo's goal attempt as unacceptable. We all know that he has to be more accountable. I agree wholeheartedly that he isn't part of our future focus and our youngsters are showing more accountability in general situations. Putting Robbo in the context of where we want to move forward is pointless. The thing that people are not considering is that besides being 30 and coming back from an achilles, Robbo performs as best as an individual to achieve team goals not to be above them. Let's not hang him for the fact that he plays like this because this style of play has rewarded us time and time again and without it he wouldn't be as effective on bigger defenders - he hopefully will work on other aspects of his game and I doubt he will be as stupid to try another goal from his ass again.

Rhino, Robbo's style of play is old school and no doubt is not what our future is about, I too hope we move in a direction where team, accountability and excellence is demanded all over the ground. When we have system and quality all around the ground this will occur - Bailey is a good coach and worrying about Robbo's 1 %ers isn't really the point, he won't be around much longer unless he is used next year to take a KP defender.

On the second point I won't argue the showman aspect he has displayed on occasion but it seems to distort for some people what he actually does do in situations where he is against the odds. The kick on the goal line was perhaps a clown act but he is not the first person to go up for a hanger and land square on his ass (possibly winded) to consider a short cut. He was quite simply blind sided and opportunity bit him on the back side.

On Ablett, ability aside, Ablett is fortunate at least to not have the best defender or be the sole player to perform for his team up forward. Yes he has tags and is a machine player to brush them aside but Robbo plays above his height and is a go to man - this is not an easy task.

So indeed, Robbo was/is not the only apparently selfish footballer.

Again the task that Robbo has in an unfamiliar forward set up means he has to play to his strengths - that is not selfish football but sometimes his plays can be a gamble for a multitude of reasons - no crumbers for one. Also Robbo has been institutionalised to the Daniher era and is 5 years older than Johnson, Johnson was lucky that the coach intervened when he was so young that it changed the fundamental way he approached the game, not just mentally but when he has the ball.

Yes, the attempted goal looked embarrasing and the coach dealt with it accordingly.

Well you may be right here with some supporters but I don't think this is a very common belief. The club accepted mediocrity here and there under Daniher and didn't iron out problems with players when it should have. Robbo in some respects is indeed a symptom of this but I think people are missing the point with the way he plays some times because he has to play that way. Nearly every poster on this site acknowledged Robbo's goal attempt as unacceptable. We all know that he has to be more accountable. I agree wholeheartedly that he isn't part of our future focus and our youngsters are showing more accountability in general situations. Putting Robbo in the context of where we want to move forward is pointless. The thing that people are not considering is that besides being 30 and coming back from an achilles, Robbo performs as best as an individual to achieve team goals not to be above them. Let's not hang him for the fact that he plays like this because this style of play has rewarded us time and time again and without it he wouldn't be as effective on bigger defenders - he hopefully will work on other aspects of his game and I doubt he will be as stupid to try another goal from his ass again.

Rhino, Robbo's style of play is old school and no doubt is not what our future is about, I too hope we move in a direction where team, accountability and excellence is demanded all over the ground. When we have system and quality all around the ground this will occur - Bailey is a good coach.

It's the complete lack of defensive side of his game that people call selfish 1858. He does not chase once the ball lands unless it is in his hands or he can easily pick it up. So frustrating when this is one of the planks of Bails game plans and has had other players dropped or younger players have had to show for long periods of time in the 2's before getting a game. Robbo needs to show he is part of the game plan, if he does then he is a selfish footballer.

Ok im i maassive Robbo fan and have loved him and he has been my favorite player for years.

I admit what he did was wrong but never selfish, Robbo is our best forward currently and dean bailey will give a good sturn talking to, and IMO thats all robbo needs, he loves this club and will give all intentions for the best of this club.

m not going to jump onboard and lay into him after comming back from injury after a couple of ordianry games mind you still our most promising forward atm.

I wish robbo all the best and i hope he can play out his career wearing Red and blue.

P.S dont try convince me that he should retire or play VFL because i just dont care and will take no notice.

haha!! that was a beautiful post. I really wish that i had the time (however not in your terrible circumstances) to dedicate to writing a long a meaningful post such as this one. there have been some hurtful and remarkable comments made about a club legend over teh past 24 hours, and all totally un warrented.

You have hit the nail on the head, as I feel a few of us have, but it has fallen on deaf ears to alot of angry people around here. I would suggest you brace yourself for whats to come next.

Hope your back gets better mate.

Go Dees, and go Robbo. :lol:

:lol: cheers mate! nice reply too, good to see some people support the players and not just the club, or the result.

(love that pic if neita you got going - reminds me of the days he used to take Wayne Carey to task!)

It's the complete lack of defensive side of his game that people call selfish 1858. He does not chase once the ball lands unless it is in his hands or he can easily pick it up. So frustrating when this is one of the planks of Bails game plans and has had other players dropped or younger players have had to show for long periods of time in the 2's before getting a game. Robbo needs to show he is part of the game plan, if he does then he is a selfish footballer.

In that case lets give Bailey the chance to reinforce this with Robbo and Robbo the chance to get better physically in the next few weeks. 30 and back from an achilles yet he still puts his body on the line and tries to be as dangerous as he can for his side. We have no optimal game plan when we go forward so Robbo is sticking with what he knows. If people think he is just going to spring up like a 20 yr old and run down players then it won't happen. I am sure as the year goes on he will improve with the chasing and tackling within his own limitations.

Not having a go at you mate but some posters have misconstrued certain aspects of Robbo's game as being selfish without due consideration to the circumstances and nobody is defending his lack of accountability which is unacceptable.

Spot on..

Ive been reading and visiting this site for a while and for whatever reason seem to have previously agreed with most of what u have to say Rhino. I believe what we're discussing is symantecs. Im gonna have one last say on it and you can respond, or not as you feel. Like you, I can prob go all day but this topic doesn't deserve the time.

THIS WAS YOU'RE LAST POST ON THE OTHER THREAD THAT ALSO TURNED INTO A ROBBO BASHING:

Which players took the bumps and the hits, did the hard running, made the contests for the ball to go inside 50?

In honour of the hard work of other players in the team who are seeking to claw there way back into the game, what did Robbo do?

He thought he would be a hero. He thought he would do something he thought was spectacular. He was thinking about Robbo.

Did Robbo think about rewarding the hard work of his teammates and making sure he kicked a valuable goal? No he was thinking of Robbo.

How do you think his teammates felt when Robbo had blown an opportunity to kick a goal from 1 metre out because he was prepared to sacrifice the teams aims and goals...for Robbo?

That's why its selfish and all the things you said it was. Its terrible example of a trait of Robbos throughout his significant career since starting as a rookie. You understand as little as Robbo does. Figures.

I.. I just thought it deserved some attention.. cause I shed a tear mate, did you? :lol:

What melodramatic over-sensitive drivel, mate you sure know how to work the heart-strings: -In Honour of the hard work.. -Did Robbo think about rewarding the hard work.. -How do you thinkhis teammates felt..

-Which players took the bumps an hits...

I TELL YA WHICH PLAYER TOOK THE BUMPS AN HITS.. ROBBO COMING DOWN FROM 4-5 FEET IN THE AIR TO LAND FLAT ON HIS BACK, is a bump or hit. 13 years worth of it too

You like to pull out bits an pieces of phrases or quotes from people, and lay it out all nice to suit your arguement(s). But i am conditioned to that, so i read the WHOLE thread.

Let me tell ya, your saying the same thing over and over and over..

Ive been re-constructing the 2 lowest discs in my back, since July 06.. (I'll give everyone a free tip, 'take care of your back' :blink: ).. Nearly a year in bed (june 07) and from then up till now, constant rehab..

The last 3 years of my life, besides the rehab, has been watching footy, watching footy, oh and some more watching footy. I have seen every game played, by every team- obviously dees games I watch more than once, sometimes 3 times..

SO PLEASE LET ME ASSURE YOU THAT ROBBO IS NOT SELFISH, THEIR IS NO PLAYER ON OUR TEAM THATS SELFISH -cant think of anyone in the league that is really.

IN THIS DAY AN AGE TO SAY THE THE DEES, THEIR COACHES AND PLAYERS AND STAFF, ARE THE ONLY TEAM IN THE LAND TO ALLOW, OR TO NOT RECOGNISE THAT THEY HAVE A SELFISH PLAYER IN THEIR MIDST IS RIDICULOUS. DUMB!

EDIT: oops, forgot about steve johnson very public situation from 07'.. still thats 2 yrs ago and was quick recified

Yesterday i described robbos actions as 'a brain-fade' and 'stupid'. Last night on the footy programs Quartermain said, "robbos been great this year since returning, but that was just a 'BRAIN-FADE' and then brocky continued claiming that the actions were 'STUPID'..

Hmmm, no mention of selfish from anyone tho..

Anyway, just thought I'd add to the topic since its gone from 'robbos stupid incident' to 'robbos stupid' and i think anyone that wants to bag out any player, should STFU and get out there an do better themselves.

-Personally, I'd say to robbo:

thanks for all the passion- thanks for after 12-13 years, getting up an not letting a serious injury stop your drive and dedication. Look forward to the next year or 2 when you actually have a decent team around you to help out!

My guess is- that in the coming weeks and as we contninue to improve, the very same people bagging Robbo now, (and J Mac and Brocky,) will be rejoycing in the fruits of their labour later on. I'll be there to remind you.

Oh, and stop using that silly buzzword 'god/mod'??

(Can i also mention- SHAME HIM Enforcer?? You just SHAMED YOURSELF mate He's the heart an soul of the Dees-its your words that are cheap.)

MATE bloody spot on.

Saying robbo should be dropped for doing that, if any one were to suggest a punishment it would probably be himself, goodluck robbo youve still got my support and i still look up to you.

Rhino, Robbo's style of play is old school and no doubt is not what our future is about, I too hope we move in a direction where team, accountability and excellence is demanded all over the ground. When we have system and quality all around the ground this will occur - Bailey is a good coach and worrying about Robbo's 1 %ers isn't really the point, he won't be around much longer unless he is used next year to take a KP defender.

You should have just written the last sensible paragraph and not making illogical and silly arguments in earlier paragraph.

Your comparison of Ablett and Robbo for selfishness is bizarre. Relative to his output and performance, any selfish that Ablett is nit picking at best. He averages 40 possessions a game and hurts oppositions. And spare us the bull about being in a good team. He is an elite footballer who creates opportunity for his side. He rarely put himself above the team. Robbo is a senior player had 8 kicks in tough forward line to get them and proceeds to do one of them flat on his back. If he was winded he would stop and get his breath. He had the mark. Some of the kind explanations of Robbo's actions are one step short of UFO sightings. As baffling as Robbo's stupidity

Steve Johnson would have been the perfect role model for Robbo. It in no way justifies or placates his selfish behaviours. Just proves them wrong. Robbo does not get it. You might not get either. If you put your outcomes above the teams then you are selfish. Robbo wont learn.

In that case lets give Bailey the chance to reinforce this with Robbo and Robbo the chance to get better physically in the next few weeks. 30 and back from an achilles yet he still puts his body on the line and tries to be as dangerous as he can for his side. We have no optimal game plan when we go forward so Robbo is sticking with what he knows. If people think he is just going to spring up like a 20 yr old and run down players then it won't happen. I am sure as the year goes on he will improve with the chasing and tackling within his own limitations.

Not having a go at you mate but some posters have misconstrued certain aspects of Robbo's game as being selfish without due consideration to the circumstances and nobody is defending his lack of accountability which is unacceptable.

Not having a go either 1858 but nup not sold there... If he is not able to excecute the game plan the coach has implemented since day 1 then he should not be in the side. Coming back from injury, being our best fwd option (which I have mentioned already today) or not. If you put yourself in a position to be "hurt" flying for hangers then you need to put yourself in a position to chase hurt too whilst following the team game plan and chase. Thats my only beef, I love seeing him take those marks but I detest seeing him laying on ground with the ball in a contest right next time him and him not giving anything to help the team, the lack of team play when it suits. On Sunday he looked like the only MFC player not putting in to chase.

You should have just written the last sensible paragraph and not making illogical and silly arguments in earlier paragraph.

Your comparison of Ablett and Robbo for selfishness is bizarre. Relative to his output and performance, any selfish that Ablett is nit picking at best. He averages 40 possessions a game and hurts oppositions. And spare us the bull about being in a good team. He is an elite footballer who creates opportunity for his side. He rarely put himself above the team. Robbo is a senior player had 8 kicks in tough forward line to get them and proceeds to do one of them flat on his back. If he was winded he would stop and get his breath. He had the mark. Some of the kind explanations of Robbo's actions are one step short of UFO sightings. As baffling as Robbo's stupidity

Steve Johnson would have been the perfect role model for Robbo. It in no way justifies or placates his selfish behaviours. Just proves them wrong. Robbo does not get it. You might not get either. If you put your outcomes above the teams then you are selfish. Robbo wont learn.

Just watching the Ch 10 HD footy program and they highlighted 2 (maybe 3) instances of Ablett having shots for goal from 50 on the weekend, ignoring team mates in space closer to goal. He was given a spray by his team mates each time....

The circumstances in which you seek to use them are irrelevant to the defence of Robbo's action and even more compelling as to why he did not do the team thing. Selfish play is just not justified.

Its quite amazing that you state that no one is defending his lack of accountability which is unacceptable and in your last two sentences you did just that. :lol:

Not having a go either 1858 but nup not sold there... If he is not able to excecute the game plan the coach has implemented since day 1 then he should not be in the side. Coming back from injury, being our best fwd option (which I have mentioned already today) or not. If you put yourself in a position to be "hurt" flying for hangers then you need to put yourself in a position to chase hurt too whilst following the team game plan and chase. Thats my only beef, I love seeing him take those marks but I detest seeing him laying on ground with the ball in a contest right next time him and him not giving anything to help the team, the lack of team play when it suits. On Sunday he looked like the only MFC player not putting in to chase.

Fair call and that would be missed by many supporters who miss what is required in modern football.

Just watching the Ch 10 HD footy program and they highlighted 2 (maybe 3) instances of Ablett having shots for goal from 50 on the weekend, ignoring team mates in space closer to goal. He was given a spray by his team mates each time....

And what did he do with the other 36 disposals?

And what did he do with the other 36 disposals?

Probably hit blokes on the [censored]. One of the best skilled players in the comp but all players can put the blinkers on and need to be pulled back into line. Robbo needs to be pulled into line, if not see ya later.

you're just sticking with your arguement for the hell of it now..

Ive seen 3 different scenarios where ablett jr absolutely selfishly ignored his teammates and then f**ked up the play.. robbos never even looked like being that selfish..

Nows when you should be humble and open to other interpretations. Im happy to admit when Ive stuffed up.

you're losing face rhino

Robbo can't shepperd the ball through. Yeah, no sh!t but neither can a dozen or so of his teammates.

Robbo selfishly flies for speccies. Err, wasn't it only 6 weeks ago we were bemoaning the lack of a forward target to 'crash a pack' and 'bring the ball to ground,' to a 184cm FF that means jumping on top of the pack to 'crash it' and 'bring it to ground.'

Robbo's brainfade in the goalsquare was pathetic for a senior player. Sure was, probably gave himself a serve, and received admonishment from his peers and coaches.

Does this mean he should be dropped?

Nah, his output has been good for a bloke coming from where he was with that Achilles injury.

He can do more defensively, but having said that, he's doing more defensively than he has done in the past.

If he gets another contract he would have to finish the season with around 40-45 goals for the season, and if he achieves that we will probably be lauding an extraordinary comeback from injury.

you're just sticking with your arguement for the hell of it now..

Ive seen 3 different scenarios where ablett jr absolutely selfishly ignored his teammates and then f**ked up the play.. robbos never even looked like being that selfish..

Nows when you should be humble and open to other interpretations. Im happy to admit when Ive stuffed up.

you're losing face rhino

Fevola is a selfish player if you want to talk realities. Robbo is nowhere near his league.

What i have noticed with Robbo since he has returned is that his kicking lacks the penertration he once had. I hope he can work on that with strengthening.

I hope Russel sticks around for another couple of years.He puts "Bums on Seats", But at the same time I hope the team got stuck into him on Monday about his Goal Square Incident. That is not an example to set to a young eager side.

No you did not. Cards saw it and you are dining out on his point of view. Otherwise you would have raised it in our own syntaxed challenged manner.

BTW, did Ablett do any of those flat on his back?

And trying to degrade and smear an elite AFL player does not make Robbo any less selfish?

Good thats the best post you've made. Small steps but.....

Why do people keep on about the achillies, he is selected so he is fit to play and fit to play to a plan like everyone else in the side. Other players are held accountable so should Robbo and I'll bring it back to rnd 1 last seasn where Newts played a horrible defensive game and was dropped, the precedent is there. I'm sure he has been held accountable and as Bails said he knew it was a stuff up straight away but if it is something he can not or is not willing to change (and I mean his lack of defensive game) then his time in the game is even shorter than I would hope it to be because I love seeing him play the game.

Why do people keep on about the achillies, he is selected so he is fit to play and fit to play to a plan like everyone else in the side. Other players are held accountable so should Robbo and I'll bring it back to rnd 1 last seasn where Newts played a horrible defensive game and was dropped, the precedent is there. I'm sure he has been held accountable and as Bails said he knew it was a stuff up straight away but if it is something he can not or is not willing to change (and I mean his lack of defensive game) then his time in the game is even shorter than I would hope it to be because I love seeing him play the game.

Correct Cards. I hope he has been held accountable by the leadership group too. They should treat him much like the Geelong group did with Johnson.

Correct Cards. I hope he has been held accountable by the leadership group too. They should treat him much like the Geelong group did with Johnson.

It is not the one instances that frustrate it is the pattern of behaviour and I certainly don't put him anywhere near the Johnson category as Johnson had off field issues. But he does still need to improve and follow the game plan, coming back from injury, being in his 30's, having played for 10 years or whatever. THe game evolves, the game plan changes players need to move with it, if he can't then his time is short unfortunately.

The circumstances in which you seek to use them are irrelevant to the defence of Robbo's action and even more compelling as to why he did not do the team thing. Selfish play is just not justified.

Its quite amazing that you state that no one is defending his lack of accountability which is unacceptable and in your last two sentences you did just that. :lol:

Once again you distort the game style of a player with one game. Lucky enough there are some posters who understand football, footballers and the significance of one game without tossing out one of our best forwards as a selfish non-contributor. Also not circumstances Rhino but facts.

In every post I have made in this thread I have noted Robbo's lack of accountability and stated that it is not acceptable. Furthermore I have not defended the stupid act of that goal attempt. As you don't seem to comprehend my points and prefer to use emoticons I will point it out again:

Defending a lack of accountability is futile - almost as much as this thread. Understanding on the other hand why it is occuring is not. It is quite simple, Robbo is not optimised for the type of footy we want instilled in our current and future players but as a forward we need him. Within his own ability I beleive there is room for improvement and that is the point, I expect him to improve (as he needs to). The tag of "selfish" however has been used by some posters to encapsulate everything about Robbo so it only stands to reason that if he is "selfish" in entirety that we point out some of the benefits of this within the context of the Melbourne forward line and understand his role.

The heart of my posts since the first post is that many comments about Robbo as a player have been excessive.

I do think some posters on this thread have gone a little overboard in their condemnation of Robbo. But as far as I'm concerned most of the criticism is on the money.

No doubt Robbo has been a great player for the club, both on and off field. He's been a great ambassador and a great club man. Some posters on this thread have suggested the guy is 'no dud' having kicked over 400 goals. Well. we know that. I don't think anybody is suggesting he has been no good for the club over his career, because they fact is he has been great.

But the issue is how he is going about his footy this year. You can even go back to the Geelong game when after kicking a goal, he is raising his arms to the heavens Jeff Farmer style. The side is getting well beaten and he's going on like that.

No doubt he'll be given heaps during the week and hopefully he can come out against the Saints and work his butt off. He's 31 this year. He's got to make every week count if he wants to play on next season. Currently, he isn't doing much for his chances.

No you did not. Cards saw it and you are dining out on his point of view. Otherwise you would have raised it in our own syntaxed challenged manner.

RHINO RHINO RHINO... wrong again matey!!

read my earlier post..I WATCH EVERY SINGLE GAME AND HAVE DONE FOR YEARS cause i was flat on my butt in bed for yonks!!

I was watching live when Ablett selfishly stuffed up and i was listening each and everytime the commentator pointed -the blunder and the player waiting to receive with his arms in the air- out to the viewing public.

I don't dine out on sh*t mate, footy is an emormous part of my life and has been for all my 34 yrs, prob the biggest part outside friends and family.. i know what im talking about or id just shut up.

I didn't raise the Ablett jr point, because last i checked were talking about Robbo, not gabbo.. i still would have chimed in, as im doing now if it was Cards13 was making the statement as well, because it was such an incorrect statement to make.. (Its news so prob most people have heard about it -one minute he's going surfing and not watching his teammates play, then he gets in a week later and doesn't pass to 'em..

now THAT'S the 'selfish' you're thinking of.)

It is not the one instances that frustrate it is the pattern of behaviour and I certainly don't put him anywhere near the Johnson category as Johnson had off field issues. But he does still need to improve and follow the game plan, coming back from injury, being in his 30's, having played for 10 years or whatever. The game evolves, the game plan changes players need to move with it, if he can't then his time is short unfortunately.

Absolutely but you are missing one thing.

His time at the club will be as long as Bailey requires it to be. Regardless of his accountability (which Bailey will press him on), Robbo will be in the team whilst he serves a valuable role and there is nothing any of us can do about it - this is something we have to accept. A hard reality to face but a reality none the less. We can point out his lack of accountability and where he needs to improve but surely we can do it with an ounce of respect.

You yourself condoned "selfish" football in the context of Ablett yet when it comes to Robbo you either are biased or are using a different definition of the term "selfish" as best convenient.I am a realist and I know that Robbo has his limitations and will improve mildly, this is not desirable but is the reality - do you get it Rhino? Robbo has never been a big chaser and he is only getting older in a foreign forward line so drastic improvement is a pipe-dream. The best that we can expect is that Robbo plays to the best of his ability within the team frame and there is definitely some room for improvement. If his best is not enough (from an accountability point of view) then we have to accept that whilst Bailey wants to keep playing him. It is a simple notion. Threads that denigrate him as a player without appreciating the circumstances in which he plays and classify him as a "selfish" footballer based on one game are a disgrace.

another great way of putting it.. nice response

(yes, the ol' rhino loves to use snippets and bits and pieces of 'out-of-context' rhetoric to strenghten his arguement.. :rolleyes: )