What is your wish ?

joeboy

Have any of you looked at our run home, we play West Coast, Fremantle, Port Adelaide at home, plus Richmond, Essendon, Collingwood, Brisbane, Carlton, North Melbourne to me they are 9 games that we have a chance of winning. We won't win all 9 but there is a very good chance we will win a few and if we do fantastic. We will finish bottom 3 regardless, so even if we win 5 games we will get picks between 1-3 and 17-20, agreed its a bonus to get 1&2 but winning has to come first.

We still haven't seen Watts, Blease and Strauss add them to the little we have seen of Maric and Grimes both IMO are exciting prospects plus a minimum of 2 top 20 picks this year our furture is bright with out the priority pick. We have seen Bennell, Jetta, Cheney they also look to have a future add in Morton and Aussie, that is 12 players that we have either seen at AFL level and look like they have good futures or early draft picks that if you believe the hype will be very good footballers.

I would never wish to lose, it was exciting on Saturday to watch and have a chance of winning tell the end. I love belting out the Grand Old Flag at the end of the game and texting all my mates rubbing the win in their face. If we happen to win more then 5 games this year great what a platform into 2010, if we win less then 5 bonus we get 3 picks inside the to 20, but winning is the most important thing for our club.

I just wish supporting your team didn't have to be so complicated. I hate that every win has to be overshadowed by this priority picks debate. It's going to be such a relief next year when we can focus on winning and nothing else.

Even after we beat Brisbane in that thriller last year, there was a guy who came on here, shattered that we'd put the priority pick at risk. There has to be a better system than this.

I agree and feel much the same. I think the draft system needs to be reviewed. After this year. :D

What do I desire? A Melbourne premiership.;)

Short term goals though...

* Honourable loses and four wins, therefore snaring the draft picks.

* Slowly continued improvement (particularly from those that haven't really shown enough- Bates, Sylvias and obviously the other younger guys).

* Continued financial gains and increased professionalism of the club from an off ground perspective.

Long term goals...

* By 2010, start challenging for the top 8.

* Come 2011, we should be looking to secure a top 8 spot and begin to think about the top 4.

* 2012 is the first year in our window (which could be as much as 5 years) and as a result we should be challenging for the big one.

* Slowly continued improvement (particularly from those that haven't really shown enough- Bates, Sylvias and obviously the other younger guys).

* Continued financial gains and increased professionalism of the club from an off ground perspective.

Long term goals...

* Come 2011, we should be looking to secure a top 8 spot and begin to think about the top 4.

* 2012 is the first year in our window (which could be as much as 5 years) and as a result we should be challenging for the big one.

Yes, Ditto.

Long term goals...

I could not have said it better myself. These are my exact wants too. I would love one of our 4 wins to be over the bombers, just to show that our 2012 and beyond premiership credentials are better. My other desire is to have less injuries. But this is obviously difficult to control. It is so frustrating to see good young players like Rivers and Garland unable to keep developing and improving because of injury.

I wish supporters would think of the future

I wish you weren't so narrow minded.

I know how you feel, and I was as disappointed as anyone when we lost yesterday. But Hannabal was right when he posted it was the perfect result.

It is just the way the rules mould our actions; I believe we are a 5 and 17 team or a 4 and 18 team. The consequences of winning five games as opposed to four hurt more than losing close ones to top eight teams.

Only 14 more weeks to put up with it...

?

I agree to a degree (??). But I will bring it up again. Is there a major difference between picks 2 or 3? Will the MFC be able to win a flag with pick 3 in stead of 2?

Its so contradictory being a Dees supporter at the moment. You listen to press conferences and read articles about the players and coaches desire to win, and that the MFC really want to start winning again.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsart...44/default.aspx

How do you ask players and or coaches to not go out there and give 110%. I know it, you know it and the players and staff know that by having top draft picks, the club is in better state. But its just such a contradiction!!! and its driving me mental!

We must must must take advantage of this draft. Scully + Butcher *or insert any other two top players* are my wish for 2009.

And this is my other gripe. Everyone is banging on about Butcher and Scully and how badly we need them. Bu does anybody really know if they are even going to go top 2? (I am not saying you dont know Jaded, but if people arnt talking about 'how much we need to loose, then they are talking about these 2)

I mean the thing is, MFC is starting to look pretty good. We are stringing some consistent, flowing and exciting games together. Were not looking that bad at all. Add to that, Watts, Blease, Jurrah and all the others and things are only going to get better.

The point is, were not doing that poorly at all at the moment, is pick 3 really going to make a profound difference??

(bracing for the wrath of Demonland)

How do you ask players and or coaches to not go out there and give 110%. I know it, you know it and the players and staff know that by having top draft picks, the club is in better state. But its just such a contradiction!!! and its driving me mental!

Welcome to my world.;) Right there with you.

And this is my other gripe. Everyone is banging on about Butcher and Scully and how badly we need them. Bu does anybody really know if they are even going to go top 2? (I am not saying you dont know Jaded, but if people arnt talking about 'how much we need to loose, then they are talking about these 2)

I mean the thing is, MFC is starting to look pretty good. We are stringing some consistent, flowing and exciting games together. Were not looking that bad at all. Add to that, Watts, Blease, Jurrah and all the others and things are only going to get better.

The point is, were not doing that poorly at all at the moment, is pick 3 really going to make a profound difference??

The reason I believe it is important is because Scully and Butcher represent both the two different types of player we still need (I probably should have put that on my wish list eh?): a pacy midfielder, who has good decision making skills and adds a bit of that extra class we need, along with the gritty in and under players we have already. The other, another key forward to build a forward line around with Watts.

I don't see Newton being able to fill the other key forward role and I believe you need two key forwards (as Hawthorn has proved) to win a premiership. Butcher, therefore fits neatly into that 'need' perfectly, as Scully fits into the classy midfielder role. Afterall, another two top drafts picks wouldn't particularly hurt us would they? Greedy? Maybe.:P I think after 45 years we're allowed to be a little greedy.

No wrath, RK.

I've posted this before - we will finish where we finish, and we will get what we get.

The rest is prediction, desire, and fear.