• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Whats more important

Bruce Almighty

I dont want to be the man who is stuck with that dilemma.

NcNamara and Jamar probably the first names that comes to mind.

Robbo could retire also?

In relation to this issue, does anyone know how long Whelan is contracted 'till?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robbo could retire also?

Robbo, Mcdonald, Whelan, Wheatley, Bell, McNamara.

Thinking we could Delist then rookie McNamara.

Three of my fave players in there. Going to be a sad last game of the season.

Oops, dunno how I forgot Bell.

He will be the first one gone.

I know this is somewhat silly for speculation so early into the season, and yes I want a win every to the Holy Grail, but I want successful decades. If we are in a position with kids just at the cutting edge and not making the penultimate, then this gives us better trade options. It is already a strong roomer the Pavlich wants to come back to Vic. Now wouldn’t he look nice with Watts in our future forward line!!

pavlich is to old, if we are going to poach anyone forward i would say it would be either thorp or boyle although not sure how old boyle is, they would be easy to paoch as they are not getting any oppurtunity

pavlich is to old, if we are going to poach anyone forward i would say it would be either thorp or boyle although not sure how old boyle is, they would be easy to paoch as they are not getting any oppurtunity

id take thorp way before boyle

Maybe not as strong as last year, but certainly some good players cropping up below the trio of Scully, Butcher and Lucas. Inside/outisde mid Allen Christensen's been in stunning form for Geelong (BOG in the first 3 games), and intriguing tall Jack Fitzpatrick bagged five on the weekend. Add Koby Stevens and Jake Melksham and one or two others and the top ten looks full of talent, but think (unlike last year) the dropoff after that will be more apparent than the previous pool. Thank GC 17 taking all of the 17 year olds.

So you agree that it's not as strong and not as deep?

so would people rather us win or lose on sunday?

Are you kidding?

10 goal win thanks.

We are stacked with young talent, and they will savour every win.

It will make them hungry, and it will give them belief.

I hope we win the next 12 in a row and make the Finals.

remove Wheatley and you have yourself a list, did you mean the rookie Mckenzie, with regards to mentioned players cant see them being around during our next assault so lets cut the crap and call it as it is. we musnt trade any picks, DB is doing a great job building a good young list

We do need a wining culture. Don't forget we have a very young list and we can be critical of many players, but when you see their age and their current progression, all we need is better skill. But in reality are we going to win the flag, I would say no, if you don’t come 1st, then we may as well finish last. So let’s set our side up for decades of dominance and win only 3 more games. They can be against C/wood, Carl & EFC. I would be happy and show good 4 qtr effort in every game. This may be hard to swallow for now but to see the D's back to the success of the 50's, now I’d love to see that.

Name Age @ 1st May

Bennell, Jamie 18

Blease, Sam 18

Watts, Jack 18

McKenzie, Jordie 18

Cheney, Kyle 19

Grimes, Jack 19

Jetta, Neville 19

Maric, Addam 19

McNamara, Tom 19

Morton, Cale 19

Strauss, James 19

Healey, Rhys 19

Spencer, Jake 19

Zomer, Trent 19

Bail, Rohan 20

Frawley, James 20

Jurrah, Liam 20

Wonaeamirri, Austin 20

Bartram, Clint 21

Bate, Matthew 21

Dunn, Lynden 21

Garland, Colin 21

Jones, Nathan 21

Petterd, Ricky 21

Buckley, Simon 22

Martin, Stefan 22

Meesen, John 22

Newton, Michael 22

Hughes, Danny 22

Valenti, Shane 22

McLean, Brock 23

Rivers, Jared 24

Bell, Daniel 24

Johnson, Paul A. 24

Sylvia, Colin 24

Davey, Aaron 25

Jamar, Mark 25

Miller, Brad 25

Moloney, Brent 25

Warnock, Matthew 25

Green, Brad 28

Wheatley, Paul 28

Bruce, Cameron 29

Whelan, Matthew 29

Robertson, Russell 31

McDonald, James 32

He is trying to replicate Ports list when it won the flag. Take into account that Dean Bailey knows how to coach and he learnt from a man who has unquestionable football acumen in Mark Williams. After watching how his side dismantled the hawks on Saturday tactically I am sure we are in good strategic hands with dB who is reported to be even more of a tactician than Mark Williams. Just be patient guys as there are a number of guys who still have not played on our list yet and I know for a fact that Rowan Bail was singled out by Bailey for a particular role in our side. he is grooming the side to play a particular role in each position. I feel this is why Colin Sylvia is being tried in the forward line and on the ball, River at times played forward on Sunday when he pushed down there. it is obvious what role he wants Davey to fill.I think the game style, when implemented correctly will be very similar to Ports run and raid movement. This is why we have drafted the fine and rangy but speedy Sam Blease, james Straus who is good by both hand and foot and Kyle Cheney who is capable in both those areas and who reads the play so well. Cale Morton continues to develop his skills as a footballer and it was pleasing to see his smarts in tight on Sunday borking and faking handballs to give himself time. cale spends great amounts of time with Dean Bailey who does his best to educate this young and potentially great player.Cale has the potential to be our star of the future. I understand that Jack Watts has great raps on him but I see Morton as the lynch pin our our team for the next ten years. Watts comes from a basketball background, however it is the football brain that Morton possesses and Watts needs to build upon to make the transition from under 18 footballer to AFL footballer which sets him ahead in my book. Stefan martin has taken admirably to this task using his obvious intelligence and passion for the game to learn at a rapid rate. he is fast becoming a great close checking back-man who reads the play so beautifully and is in position to spoil on Que.

Robbo could retire also?

Just wondering if you blokes have actually seen McNamara play or are just picking his name out because he hasn't made his debut yet?

This years draft is not as strong as the last couple, they'll be a big difference between the top 3 picks and the rest of the top 10.

How would you know that?

The TAC cup and other under 18's comps are just three weeks old.

I would love to see us come out and win some games, but lets be realistic, how many games are we capable of winning?

At best we would finish with about 8 wins. Realisticly we could win 5-6. I would much rather only win 4 and get that extra pick.

In 2010 we are going to win more games and head up the ladder, finals should be our aim but we will probably finish 9th - 12th. Normally giving us a good mid range first round pick. GC17 will push this pick back. Which makes it even more vital for us to get that extra pick this year!

Pick 1,2 and 17. Scully, Butcher, Young ruck. Rebuild complete

I would much rather win 5-6 games than win 4. Firstly, winning is what you do in footy, you don't try to lose.

It is also another 1-2 weeks that Melbourne supporters come home from the game happy, and supporters are excited.

I don't think that Scully and Butcher would make me happy opposed to winning.

I still belive that we can win 8 games or more, and have a good season in whole.

I would much rather win 5-6 games than win 4. Firstly, winning is what you do in footy, you don't try to lose.

It is also another 1-2 weeks that Melbourne supporters come home from the game happy, and supporters are excited.

I still belive that we can win 8 games or more, and have a good season in whole.

winning 5 or 6 games would be ludicrous for us. You are suggesting to me we have enough young talent coming through to develop for a premiership push.

Mate, lets join the real world. We need a forward line, but most of all we need another 1 or 2 midfielders who are at least A grade and basically we would like an elite player.

Top players do not grow on trees and this is our chance to grab a couple of elite youngsters.

winning 5 or 6 games would be ludicrous for us. You are suggesting to me we have enough young talent coming through to develop for a premiership push.

After months of sitting on the fence, this sums it up for me. With what we have now we could probably beat anyone on our day in a couple of years time, but go for a premiership, probably not. We've never ever had this opportunity to add even some more class to our list. And this year offers so much

enjoyment for us fans anyway to see the huge improvements from last year. I've enjoyed all our games this year, just seeing these young blokes show their potential

I've enjoyed all our games this year, just seeing these young blokes show their potential

One of the best games I enjoyed last year was getting soaked watching us get pumped by geelong under lights. Not only did they teach us a lesson that night but I really believe that this was the game that our backline came of age. 100pt thrasing yet I had our backline up on points. Makes wins from here just that more enjoyable. Maybe I'm a little sick?

Mate, lets join the real world. We need a forward line, but most of all we need another 1 or 2 midfielders who are at least A grade and basically we would like an elite player.

Top players do not grow on trees and this is our chance to grab a couple of elite youngsters.

Just about our last chance for a long time to not just grab the Elite, but it's the leapfrog effect of finishing down low. It's the only time a club can grab an advantage in recruits.

I think Confuscious said, Hah,, "don't look the gift dragon in the flames". B)

I can see this team, visually in 2015, having played in finals for the previous 3 seasons, starting to slip behind the New baby teams emerging. The young Swans & Eagles, Lions & GC-17 pushing up. Blues still going around OK.

DEES still lack that little X-tra.