• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

If there was a Round 4 Trade Week

Mousey

Would you trade Sylvia for Tambling  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I had the same thought, but more as an intellectual excersize than a real trade option.

The similarities were very apparent in round 3, where both players were well under what they even normally manage to deliver, let alone the hopes we or the Tigers fans have had for them.

At least Tambling had a new daughter for an (pretty fair) excuse.

Sylvia drives me mad. I think that given he had a full preseason and given he's going to have plenty of opportunity... If he doesn't step up significantly in the next 19 weeks, the only thing that would keep him at the club is the hope of getting a better draft pick for him, from the Gold Coast in 2010.

But, having said that, 19 weeks is a long time in football, just ask the other Colin on our list, who this time last year was considered GAWN.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would make a fortune reading hands. Fortune cookies would become obsolete.

funny you should say that, i actually do read palms, not hands as you incorrectly alluded to. maybe you should take YOUR hand off something and respond more constructively. name ONE good game sylvia played in six years at the club - maybe the coaching staff are slow to see that there's no future for this player. the youngsters that are playing in our team now, are SHOWING something. sylvia hasn't and never will.

funny you should say that, i actually do read palms, not hands as you incorrectly alluded to. maybe you should take YOUR hand off something and respond more constructively. name ONE good game sylvia played in six years at the club - maybe the coaching staff are slow to see that there's no future for this player. the youngsters that are playing in our team now, are SHOWING something. sylvia hasn't and never will.

Ha. Ok fortune teller. Or should I say 'palm reader' - just in case you accuse me of incorrectly alluding again.

Constructive: - Here is 1 game of the top off my head. Not bad stats from someone who has been absolutely smashed this week on the forums. Maybe this is SHOWING something. I mean, you say he hasn't yet and never will. Do you watch the footy? Or do you base your thoughts on 2 games this year like many others?

Round 18, 2008. v Essendon (of which Essendon won by about 16 points)

Colin Sylvia had 23 disposals.

21 Kicks

2 Handballs

11 Marks

3 Tackles

9 Inside 50 entries

4 times contributed to Goals

4 Hit Outs

and Kicked 3 Goals. (3.1)

That's just one of a few good games from him, I could remember last year off the top of my head. ;)

Now, why don't YOU take your hand off it and tell me that Sylvia hasn't shown something.....

Ha. Ok fortune teller. Or should I say 'palm reader' - just in case you accuse me of incorrectly alluding again.

Constructive: - Here is 1 game of the top off my head. Not bad stats from someone who has been absolutely smashed this week on the forums. Maybe this is SHOWING something. I mean, you say he hasn't yet and never will. Do you watch the footy? Or do you base your thoughts on 2 games this year like many others?

21 Kicks

2 Handballs

11 Marks

3 Tackles

9 Inside 50 entries

4 Hit Outs

That's just one of a few good games from him, I could remember last year off the top of my head. ;)

Now, why don't YOU take your hand off it and tell me that Sylvia hasn't shown something.....

love this 'chat' forum - can't respond objectively, posts sarcastic comments, then gets all sh***y when things don't go baby's way. well, diddums, those stats are meaningless in the context of what sylvia is like as a player. simply put, he doesn't work hard enough - look at how much ground good players cover and come back and tell me that sylvia works hard at his footy - it's his job! having said that, you're probably a supporter of the ilk of 'well done, chaps!' and almost there is good enough. blind faith doesn't win flags, ruthless decisions do.

21 Kicks

2 Handballs

11 Marks

3 Tackles

9 Inside 50 entries

4 Hit Outs

He had a few very good games last year, that being one of them.

Also booted 4 goals in the win over Brisbane from memory.

This is totally hypothetical, but if there was a rd 4 trade week where teams could trade players would you-

Straight swap of-

Melbourne trades- Colin Sylvia

Richmond trades- Richard Tambling

I think both players need a fresh start at new clubs.

Tambling has that ongoing pressure from tiger fans that they picked him ahead of roughhead or franklin which i think is unfair on him.

I know its a tad stupid thread but i thought it would be interesting to see if people would do this trade if you called the shots and this trade week existed :)

I would trade Colin Sylvia for 20c

I would say HT that any AFL who has played 50 games has shown something or they wouldn't get a game. I could pluck out some very ordinary names and post stats etc highlighting that these players had "shown something". Hell I think event Brent Grgic might have got a couple of votes once.

The problem with these players is that they don't show it nearly enough and often find themselves superceded by players who might have less ability but show more application and consistency.

I would say HT that any AFL who has played 50 games has shown something or they wouldn't get a game. I could pluck out some very ordinary names and post stats etc highlighting that these players had "shown something". Hell I think event Brent Grgic might have got a couple of votes once.

The problem with these players is that they don't show it nearly enough and often find themselves superceded by players who might have less ability but show more application and consistency.

I think we need to make a stance here and all agree that when you ae talking about any players 'potential' in their 6th year at the club, you need to let go and face the facts.

Anyone who honestly thinks Colin Sylvia is going to play more than 2 'good' error and judgement free accountable games for our club each year within 8 weeks of eachother, can kindly hand over what you're smoking beceause I want some!

Potential is a word we use to describe someone who hasn't had an opportunity yet ad is in the first 3 years of their career (Ruckmen and raw key positon players not included - See packs for details)

The great Lethal Mathews believes a Footballer who is going to make it will start delivering consistent football after playing 50 senior games. This gives me a lot of hope for our new recruits, in particular Morton - who has shown glimses of brilliance and so have his brothers - hopefully he doesn't turn out like the Houlihans, or the lesser brothers MFC has recruited in the past - Ottens, Gasper, Cockatoo-Collins and Jackovich (although he was brilliant prior to injury).

The great Lethal Mathews believes a Footballer who is going to make it will start delivering consistent football after playing 50 senior games. This gives me a lot of hope for our new recruits, in particular Morton - who has shown glimses of brilliance and so have his brothers - hopefully he doesn't turn out like the Houlihans, or the lesser brothers MFC has recruited in the past - Ottens, Gasper, Cockatoo-Collins and Jackovich (although he was brilliant prior to injury).

Allen "13" Jakovich was an absolute Genius when he was switched on. I saw some of the Greatest MFC performances when he played. Please do not EVER put him in the "Dud" Category. Why did you remind me of the Cockatoo Collins younger Brothers. Bring me Drink!

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
Believe me, I would be wrapped if Col was half as good as Jako. He aint anywhere close to it by a mile.

He has 19 rounds left to save his career. What are you going to do about it Col??

probaly nothing RR.

Why did you remind me of the Cockatoo Collins younger Brothers. Bring me Drink!

If I recall correctly the drafting of the younger two Cockatoo Collins brothers was brought about by a promise we made to their mother who was seriously ill at the time in that we wouldn't split the the boys. If we took one we promised to take the other. Even though both were pretty unsuccessful with us we only wanted one originally. We complied with our moral obligation and therefore it was worse for us in that we had two boys who weren't going to make it rather than one.

Personally I'd rather keep Sylvia so they can trade him along with either a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick for a higher pick at the end of the season. Same should be done with Lyndon Dunn.

love this 'chat' forum - can't respond objectively, posts sarcastic comments, then gets all sh***y when things don't go baby's way. well, diddums, those stats are meaningless in the context of what sylvia is like as a player. simply put, he doesn't work hard enough - look at how much ground good players cover and come back and tell me that sylvia works hard at his footy - it's his job! having said that, you're probably a supporter of the ilk of 'well done, chaps!' and almost there is good enough. blind faith doesn't win flags, ruthless decisions do.

:lol:

TBH I think I responded quite objectively, you may beg to differ. You requested ONE game where Sylvia has shown something. I could of given you a few examples, but I gave you just one. Hardly sarcastic in serving up what you request. Simply answered the question. You're a real work of art. :D

As for Sylvia, clearly in his first two games this year he hasn't worked hard enough in terms of output in comparison to his good games. You could say the same for the entire playing list apart from the obvious ones in form (ie Davey, Green, Moloney, etc) in terms of not working hard enough. Yet, Sylvia is in the spotlight again - probably because of his off-field activities, probably because of the "No.3" stigma.

I'd prefer to see his progress over the remainder of the season, rather than hang him after Round 3. Each to their own.

tambling before sylia any day.

tambling has been dropped by the tigers for this weeks game , the side is 0 and 3 , what does that tell you. sunday is the perfect oppurtunity to prove his worth . i hope the lazy sack of spuds proves us wrong

TBH I think I responded quite objectively, you may beg to differ. You requested ONE game where Sylvia has shown something. I could of given you a few examples, but I gave you just one. Hardly sarcastic in serving up what you request. Simply answered the question. You're a real work of art. :D

As for Sylvia, clearly in his first two games this year he hasn't worked hard enough in terms of output in comparison to his good games. You could say the same for the entire playing list apart from the obvious ones in form (ie Davey, Green, Moloney, etc) in terms of not working hard enough. Yet, Sylvia is in the spotlight again - probably because of his off-field activities, probably because of the "No.3" stigma.

I'd prefer to see his progress over the remainder of the season, rather than hang him after Round 3. Each to their own.

i'm a real work of art? all you do is make snide remarks, i respond accordingly, and you can't hack it. using your undiagnosed aspy syndrome as a cloak, you mention one game (trying to be clever) but you never 'got' the bigger picture. btw, you started the personal attacks by suggesting that i should read 'hands' for a living - go away.

Pleasure. Although I take exception to "undiagnosed aspy syndrome". So I thought I'd have to respond one last time just in case, so you might get the "big picture." What does aspy mean anyway? :lol:

sylvia has absolutely no trade value - we've spoken about this a hundred times. he's NQR, never was, never will be any good.

but, i agree as a hypothetical, i'd take tambling tomorrow..........

21 Kicks

2 Handballs

11 Marks

3 Tackles

9 Inside 50 entries

4 Hit Outs

i'm a real work of art? all you do is make snide remarks, i respond accordingly, and you can't hack it. using your undiagnosed aspy syndrome as a cloak, you mention one game (trying to be clever) but you never 'got' the bigger picture. btw, you started the personal attacks by suggesting that i should read 'hands' for a living - go away.

Admittedly I did refer to you as some kind of a 'fortune teller/palm reader.'

Is that such a snide remark? Some people would say it's a compliment. Furthermore you even stated that you read palms! Hey, maybe I should read palms!

Looking at these quotes above I see a constructive answer to your request - (I was never trying to be clever) - by your's truly. I respond accordingly. As for the snide remarks I suggest you re-visit your post(s).

Back on topic. As I stated earlier, I'd prefer to see Sylvia's progress over the remainder of the season to make an assessment, rather than hang him after Round 3. Each to their own.

Pleasure. Although I take exception to "undiagnosed aspy syndrome". So I thought I'd have to respond one last time just in case, so you might get the "big picture." What does aspy mean anyway? :lol:

fair enough, back to the topic. how many games (years) are going to wait before we can make a genuine, unbiased assessment? this is his 6th year. short of building up his physique, he has attracted media attention for all the wrong reasons. he is a strong mark overhead, kicks very well, but he seems disinterested. i've made my assessment, each to their own - he can't play at this level.

btw, aspy, read aspergers, someone who misses the point, the bigger picture.

ps see, i can highlight too!

Admittedly I did refer to you as some kind of a 'fortune teller/palm reader.'

Is that such a snide remark? Some people would say it's a compliment. Furthermore you even stated that you read palms! Hey, maybe I should read palms!

Looking at these quotes above I see a constructive answer to your request - (I was never trying to be clever) - by your's truly. I respond accordingly. As for the snide remarks I suggest you re-visit your post(s).

Back on topic. As I stated earlier, I'd prefer to see Sylvia's progress over the remainder of the season to make an assessment, rather than hang him after Round 3. Each to their own.

You might be able to highlight - once, but I suggest you learn how to quote someone and sort out your reply, so it can make sense to the members & guests.

How ironic.

PS. I have friends & associates that are close to people/children suffering aspergers. I'm sure others do too. Like I said, I take exception to snide remarks such as these, as do others.

Get the picture?

You might be able to highlight - once, but I suggest you learn how to quote someone and sort out your reply, so it can make sense to the members & guests.

How ironic.

PS. I have friends & associates that are close to people/children suffering aspergers. I'm sure others do too. Like I said, I take exception to snide remarks such as these, as do others.

Get the picture?

listen, you started all this - now stop threatening and grow up.

listen, you started all this - now stop threatening and grow up.

Both of you pull your heads in, please, or this thread will go the same way as all the others that lead to stupid arguments that have nothing to do with the topic :angry: ........

And there is no need to go out of your way to offend people with your comments, so please cut it out.