Scully & Butcher

Mousey

I just had a look on youtube on butcher and scully. For me it is scully by a mile, smooth silky speedy, his handballs are dynamite. Bucher does look good though, forward / ruck. Very good player too.

Given the fact that we may only win 3 to 5 games, we could get both. I guess the question is, do you want our team to win? I am sick of losing so i want a win at this stage of the year. (in a few months i might change my mind)

Once again the forbidden fruit (tanking) is on the table. People may say we wont win games because we suck, but i think we can scrap some wins.

For the rest of the season we play

Richmond twice

west coast home once

freo home once

To me if we lose this week we will not win over 3 games for the year.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asuuming we dont win more than 4 games Pick 1 is ours..through Priority..even if we dont spoon it this year. Still, be hard to see how we wouldnt be there anyways..I digress.

We need effective midfielders...we need game breakers and we really dont have one. Macca is good..so is Moloney..but neither in the class of a Judd or Cuz in his day..Look where the Weagles got with those two !!! Imagine the Dees with a midfield of that calibre !!

with the likes of Jurrah and Watts coming into the side ably flanked by Aussie and Maric...we start to look the goods :)

stats for key forwards, i dont mind taking scully first as long as we have pick two aswell, it was only 4-5 years ago Neitz was getting doubled teamed. Blease and Strauss should help our midfield out when playing

Lets not forget Grimesy either. Sure he will start his career on a back flank, but he played the majority of his junior footy in the centre.

This would be our possible team as I see it this time next year...

Frawley Martin Garland

Grimes Warnock Rivers

Morton Jones Bennel

Green Watts Robertson

Maric Butcher Jurrah

Spencer Mclean Scully

i/c Bruce Strauss Moloney McDonald

emergency - Sylvia Dunn Jamar

You can chop and change if you like. You might prefer two ruckmen but we would have tall timber forward and back to help out Spencer.

What do people think?

This would be our possible team as I see it this time next year...

Frawley Martin Garland

Grimes Warnock Rivers

Morton Jones Bennel

Green Watts Robertson

Maric Butcher Jurrah

Spencer Mclean Scully

i/c Bruce Strauss Moloney McDonald

emergency - Sylvia Dunn Jamar

You can chop and change if you like. You might prefer two ruckmen but we would have tall timber forward and back to help out Spencer.

What do people think?

aussie instead of Jurrah, only 4 talls down back, need small defender and running ball carrier, Davey not good enough?

oh left out Davey,Aussie, Blease...and Buckley...might create decent depth there. Blease mainly will be the least developed higher draft pick by the looks of things. Buckley well I don't think he is quite there.

Davey in hindsight should be in, probably for Moloney. Aussie for Jurrah is a fair call as well.

guys like Bell may end up trade bait, if we feel these high draft picks will make it.

The thing I like about this line up is PACE and foot skills !!

Each line has genuine pace with the last line being the fastest IMO:

each line also has someone you could argue as an A Grade kick.

revised team is

Frawley Martin Garland

Grimes Rivers Bennell

Morton Jones Davey

Green Watts Robertson/Jurrah

Maric Butcher Aussie

Spencer Mclean Scully

i/c Bruce Warnock Moloney McDonald

emergency - Strauss Buckley Jamar Warnock

That team looks seriously great.

Key ingredients:

- 5 extremely promising key backs (Garland and Frawley can take small and tall and provide run... Rivers the floater reader of the play ala Harley/Hodge... Martin and Warnock the 2 stoppers)

- 2 certain star key forwards (Butcher and Watts). This makes the world of difference. How would hawthorn by without Franklin/roughy

- some quality small forwards (Wona, Maric, Davey, Sylvia)

- some quality running defenders (Buckley, Grimes, Cheney)

The two area that need serious work is still the midfield and Rucks.

Midfield: Scully, Strauss, Blease, Morton will hopefully prove to be quality. Jones, Mclean and Moloney will be better players if they are the 4th and 5th best mids.

Rucks: We need to look to the draft! i'd even consider trading pick 17 for a quality young ruckman!

Add 2 quality mids and 1 quality ruckman and that's a team!!!

should that be blease on the interchange , you have named strauss twice

sorry copy and pasted that. it's fixed now.

You can throw in blease but who for...Davey? the captain ? possibly Strauss. I just chose to leave him out as he will possibly the last in the queue of this years draftees in terms of development.

Butcher first Scully second if we have picks one and two.

West Coast could end up with priority picks as well.

And would rather have Butcher think he will be better than Watts.

So if we have 1 and 2 great.

But if we have 1 and 3 well butcher first then west coast can choose between Lucas and Scully and we get who they dont choose.

Butcher first Scully second if we have picks one and two.

West Coast could end up with priority picks as well.

And would rather have Butcher think he will be better than Watts.

So if we have 1 and 2 great.

But if we have 1 and 3 well butcher first then west coast can choose between Lucas and Scully and we get who they dont choose.

based on?

How often have you seen him play.

Far too early in the season to be answering this Rubbish. I actually enjoyed the sensation of winning last sunday. I DO APOLOGIZE! Fremantle will win far less than us this year anyway. They are total Slim Hipped Nancy's. The club is bigger than two Draft Pick.