My 3 word player analysis V The Scum

joeboy

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
Does it every week, and has been doing it now for 3 years.

Yet he retains his spot continually.

Bailey needs to show hes not another Neale Daniher and make an early stetement by dropping him.

you said sylvia would be AA annd kick 60 goals bruce has 10 lengths on sylvia, at lest bruce gets the ball, sylvias pathetic, hes a non trier, and hes got no heart.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you said sylvia would be AA annd kick 60 goals bruce has 10 lengths on sylvia, at lest bruce gets the ball, sylvias pathetic, hes a non trier, and hes got no heart.

GIve Bruces role to Sylvia and he can get 30 useless possessions as well.

Bartram - no influence

Bate - just not enough

Bennell - nothing particularly inspiring

Bruce - impressive work rate (disposal is still mediocre but bruce will continue to run when the rest of our muppets are stationary. far from the biggest problem we have)

Cheney - disposal was bad

Davey - easy QB role (does it well but scooting around the packs, looks knackered and we need him at millers feet)

Frawley - rare defensive positive

Green - cant be questioned

Jetta - awful second game (i HATE having a crack at kids but he had a shocker. his crap effort in the forward 50 was lazy and cost us a goal when we were on top only for the ball to rebound and goal to be scored. needs to go to casey and get his head/hands over/on the ball)

Johnson - poor ruck game

Jones - terrible decision maker

Martin - another rare positive

McDonald - usual endeavour evident

McLean - unfit, dumb, treadmill

Miller - only forward

Moloney - has a dip

Morton - good offensively

Petterd - ball wasnt there

Rivers - classy defender

Sylvia - useless

Warnock - really good game

Spencer - gangly and raw

I wouldn't mind seeing him as a forward either. But if the decision is made to play him forward, or back, it is imperative that at this early stage in his career, he stays there. Miller provides the perfect example of how to ruin someone's development by shifting them back and foward all the time.

Garland's injury worries me. It's the same bone that's kept Egan out for 3 years.

Egan stuffed up his foot by trying to come back about 2 months too early

Martin was very good. As was Warnock and Frawley.

On TV, Martin and Warnock looked the best. My main problem with Frawley is that he doesn't seem big enough to play on talls but is too big to play on small forwards.

Medhurst is probably the perfect match-up for him but he just lacked the required spark to keep up with him at times.

maybe we will when sylvia learns to put his head over the ball. maybe he could learn a thing or two about work rate from bruce.

the kid is the most talented bloke on our list and he continues to put in listless performances like that where he offers nothing offensively or defensively.

Bailey needs to show hes not another Neale Daniher and make an early stetement by dropping him.

totally agree... all good running around getting 30 touches but its about know your limitations...

bruce and especially mcdonald cannot spot up a target, either handball off or a 30 metre chip pass. sick of seeing bruce butcher the ball or mcdonalds long bombs that go 50m up and 30m straight!

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
i wouldnt think so, when sylvia would be about to get his first touch, hes tiny little heart would probably stop beating.

Sounds like Sylvia doesn't it?

Bet he wont. It would take him a month on current form :lol:

Joeboy, did you get these the wrong way around?

He was the only spark off the backline when the rest of the boys tensed up.

It fell down after that, but it isn't the fault of Aaron Davey.

He was our quarterback today and he was great all day.

They are not cheap if you do something with them.

the kid is the most talented bloke on our list and he continues to put in listless performances like that where he offers nothing offensively or defensively.

So what is "talent" if you dont perform?......a mirage <_<

You have been sucked in by his draft number. Dont worry because Colin is too.

Cameron Bruce, with 120 Super coach points, which demerits clangers etc, seems to indicate that your analysis is typically incorrect and harsh.

30 disposals, 11 kicks, 19hbs, 7 marks, 4 tackles, 1 Goal.

Supercoach LOL

Do they demerit possessions that go to a team mate who is under the pump and sure to get tackled, and possibly injured from being put into such a vulnerable position by such poor disposal from a team mate?

If so, he would have about 4 Supercoach points.

And dont get me started on that kick he did on the wing i think toward the end of the 1st quarter, where it went 15 metres to nobody and the Pies took it straight down and kicked a goal.

And dont get me started on that kick he did on the wing i think toward the end of the 1st quarter, where it went 15 metres to nobody and the Pies took it straight down and kicked a goal.

Without bias I think we all agree that Bruce is a horrid user of the ball (which takes nothing away from the fact that he runs hard all day long), and Sylvia is verging on uselessness.

That you can be so critical of Bruce (which I don't necessarily disagree with most of the time), and yet be so blinded by Sylvia's shinny calves is actually taking away from whatever tiny shred of credibility you have left on the Bruce issue.

So what is "talent" if you dont perform?......a mirage <_<

You have been sucked in by his draft number. Dont worry because Colin is too.

i'm not disagreeing with you RR, and you're right it is nothing.

he has the tools in the shed, just an inability to use them.

matty warnock has about 1/3 the skills he does but he performs and puts in.

No-one can justify dropping players if they aren't dropping Bennell and Jetta too. THey were usuless.

Here are a few 3 worders

Jones-Had pathetic awareness

Cheney- a shocking kick

Miller- Surprisingly pretty good

Frawley- A solid performance

Moloney- Our best midfielder (mostly because he can hit a bloody target)

Davey - missed many tackles

Morton- Hesitant as always

Rivers- still best defender

Martin- is always good (should never have been dropped)

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
Supercoach LOL

Do they demerit possessions that go to a team mate who is under the pump and sure to get tackled, and possibly injured from being put into such a vulnerable position by such poor disposal from a team mate?

If so, he would have about 4 Supercoach points.

sylvia will be lucky to get 4 supercoach points for the season, at least bruce got a kick on the wing, YM LOL.

Bartram - Smalls held early

Bate - makes every effort

Bennell - will be good

Bruce - never stopped trying

Cheney - second game blues

Davey - easily our best

Frawley - tough and effective

Green - polished and involved

Jetta - learning elite game

Johnson - competed against odds

Jones - prolific but wasteful

Martin - best since Garland

McDonald - a worthy leader

McLean - still looks pedestrian

Miller - gutsy and determined

Moloney - excellent in close

Morton - showed 2008 worthwhile

Petterd stranded in pocket

Rivers - still a tyro

Sylvia - gave us nothing

Warnock - excellent most game

Spencer - developing project player

or that time sylvia run over the ball from the bounce because he was lazy and cost us a goal straight from the centre.

you wanna play mistake for mistake YM fine, you'll be beaten. no one says his disposal is top notch, but if you think he rather than wise ass's like sylvia are our problem then you're completely and utterly deluded.

Bartram - Regressed since debut

Bate - One dimensional plodder

Bennell - Quiet second game

Bruce - big huge liability

Cheney - hangover from debut

Davey - brilliant game encouraging

Frawley - becoming great defender

Green - clubs best player

Jetta - see Bennell

Johnson - shaky season start

Jones - has not improved

Martin - composed and strong

McLean - currently playing woefully

Miller - very underrated performance

Moloney - had limited impact

Morton - got season started

Petterd - extremely quiet game

Rivers - getting the swing

Sylvia - better than Bruce

Warnock - brilliant yet again

Spencer - raw raw raw

Coming from the guy that lauds Sylvia.

Can someone clarify for me if Sylvia (and anyone for that matter) would get paid the same if he continues to cruise through with a couple of kicks and a thousand handballs each game or if he were to kick 10 goals and rack up 30 possessions?

His skills are more suited to the forward line IMO, and he should play there long-term.

Re: Martin. Have you seen him kick? I would agree that yes he seems to like to create, rather than react, and has all the hallmarks. But what do we gain if he can't kick straight?