Demon seeking greener pastures

Guest Nicko06

Perhaps this is a joint effort from Brad and the MFC to try and negotiate a deal that's best for both of them.

Perhaps a club says we can pay you this much money and give your club x pick, then both win. Just hoping this is the case, though yes it probably isn't

Hate for him to go, but who can really blame him.

How he didn't win the B and F is a joke

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the rabble you claim to support yze magic...btw hurry up and change that name, as someone mentioned- the 'magic' was long ago. maybe it'll help you gain some support on this forum :P..you do entertain us!

green for a good draft pick, and we should all be happy. pick 1, another top 20, 17 and 19 will help see this club to our next premiership!

the rabble you claim to support yze magic...btw hurry up and change that name, as someone mentioned- the 'magic' was long ago. maybe it'll help you gain some support on this forum :P..you do entertain us!

green for a good draft pick, and we should all be happy. pick 1, another top 20, 17 and 19 will help see this club to our next premiership!

We have won 8 games in 2 years..

We have debt in the millions.

Our best player wants out.

We are a rabble.

We have won 8 games in 2 years..

We have debt in the millions.

Our best player wants out.

We are a rabble.

This is a much better post Y_M. Have you turned over a new leaf? :lol:

In this case, you tell it as it is.

However, after this trade & draft period we will have some additional exciting young talent which all goes well for the future. If we can rid of our debt by the start of next season, we'll be on our way up...slowly..but nevertheless up.

Cameron Bruce Wins the B & F despite having shin splint soreness all year. Yes he played every game, But his kicking so often was deplorable. Green played quality football & should have got at least 2nd. Shame on the voting system. If that cost him a contract bonus i do not blame him for leaving.

Would be great to keep greeny but if he leaves i will not blame him at all.

Guest paxino27

Will hate to see him go but if that turns out to be the case lets hope the trade is either Green and pick 17 to Port for pick 4 so we can take Watts at 1 and Vickery at 4, then we have a KP forward and a ruckman which we need. Otherwise Green on his own to St Kilda for pick 13, then we can take either Watts at 1 and Johnston at 13 so we have 2 KP forwards in the making, or Watts at 1 and McKernan at 13 if he's still available then for the forward and ruck combination again.

i'd almost be tempted there- he's better than Seaby and Warnock, and younger (or same age at warnock but definitly younger than seaby). Can see green playing for them- especially as they're losing harris and consider themselves in 'the window'

but another top 20 pick would be first priority somehow. especially as we might be getting 30 for wheatley, although we're proabbly going to have to give up a pick for prismall.

For those who have stated and thought that the Demons will remain relatively quiet during trade period, I suggest you read the article posted by Mousey:

"We want to better our position with more picks or better position picks." - Chris Connolly.

They won't be putting their feet up with some KFC watching Fox Sports or twidling their thumbs at Telstra Dome, they'll be quite active.

They can still be active without doing any trades at all. No one has said they would not be active. Until Green came on the radar, MFC did not have any ready players that they were willing to trade that would provide them with meaningful Top 25 picks.

They can still be active without doing any trades at all.

In order to get more picks or better positional picks, I would have thought the Mfc need to be active during trade week which includes the trading or the swapping of picks and or players.

What about Green for Stokes and Prismall. We couldn't get a first rnd pick for Green last year I can't see it changing. Geelong haven't been happy with Stokes last half of the year and especially the GF and Prismall wants out throw in a 4th rnd pick if need be. I'd be happy with that.

I can't see us having anyone talented enough to get pick 4 even if we pakaged them all up. I know someone who went to the Collingwood B&F and was adament that Didak was a certainty to go to Port for pick 4 and Swan was going to be captain next year. Time will tell if he's reliable or not.

Ok. For starters there is no chance in hell Green will get us a premiership player and one accoring to Neil Balme was a certainty to play this years grand final. Green wouldn't even fetch us Stokes himself.

In order to get more picks or better positional picks, I would have thought the Mfc need to be active during trade week which includes the trading or the swapping of picks and or players.

It will take another party to accept their trades.

They could still be active offering "great" trade bait like Bell and Carroll but get no takers.

The key issue is that MFC dont have a lot of list quality to hawk around to get meaningful additional or better placed picks.

That has been the argument put forward and not that a Club sits on its thumbs during the week.

No Club does that. Its just that Clubs will not trade if they dont see the value being offered to them for what they put on the market.

What about Green for Stokes and Prismall. We couldn't get a first rnd pick for Green last year I can't see it changing. Geelong haven't been happy with Stokes last half of the year and especially the GF and Prismall wants out throw in a 4th rnd pick if need be. I'd be happy with that.

Green for Stokes and Prisnall.

Geez. Geelong will pounce on that. :lol:

Prisnall might want out...but he has not stated that he wishes to go to MFC. So token offerings of a 4th round pick in lieu of the PSD are stupid unless the player has agreed to come to MFC.

I am not sure MFC have a high demand for a Stokes when we have Davey, Maric and Wona.

Please trade green, as a player i don't believe in him and believe that his real motive is money. If it wasn't, he would have already signed. He's had a good season, and sure he is a good player, but by the time we make a tilt for the flag he will struggle to be in the side. If green goes elsewhere he gets his money and hopefully a crack at the flag. But for the club, we improve our draft position and we won't have to worry over the nathan carrol decision with brad's salary cap pressure.

Ok. For starters there is no chance in hell Green will get us a premiership player and one accoring to Neil Balme was a certainty to play this years grand final. Green wouldn't even fetch us Stokes himself.

Premiership player means nothing remember Heffernan how great was he? He wouldn't be in their top 15 players. The deal probably will never happen but not for the reason you mentioned.

Thats the stupidest thing I have ever read in my life.

Green is better than half of Geelongs Grand Final team.

Thats the stupidest thing I have ever read in my life.

Green is better than half of Geelongs Grand Final team.

i agree Yze magic!! wow..didn't think i'd say that

Varcoe, Corey- yes corey- overrated player who gets no attention due to selwood, ablett and bartel being superior- still alright but green better, Lonergan, Harry Taylor, Blake, Enright, Josh Hunt, James Kelly, and maybe Max Rooke