Jack Watts!!!!

Guest Mika

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I come to Demonland for a reason.

To teach kids like you a bit about football.

As soon as you hear something that you cant comprehend or fathom, you tell me to bugger off.

Luckily there are people with open minds, unlike you.

Ouch... Please Y_M, no more of the stinging barbs... I'm a kid am I? How old are you again?

My mind, as always, is open to everyone but you... You blew it a hundred times over.

And as for your deluded "reason" for coming to demonland... Has it escaped your notice that no-one, and I mean no-one here ASKED for your advice? I comprehend everything you say... so much so that I can see through it for the self-involved, grandstanding it is. And I'm not the only one. I'll say it again, you're hurting demonland, and by extension, MFC.

Please stop posting at demonland.

Nah, YM makes demonland. Gotta have posters like him on the site.

Give it a few more weeks... He'll go back to sticking the knife in Cam Bruce's back. Wait 'til it's a player you're behind and your tune will change. For the record I used to like Y_M when he was an entertaining little scamp. But he's mutated into a full blown tool now.

Give it a few more weeks... He'll go back to sticking the knife in Cam Bruce's back. Wait 'til it's a player you're behind and your tune will change. For the record I used to like Y_M when he was an entertaining little scamp. But he's mutated into a full blown tool now.

I dont stick the knife in anyones back.

I call it as I see it.

99% of the soft Demon suppoter base dont like that, which is a big reason we have been in the wilderness for almost 50 years. Bunch of pansy Brighton toffs with their heads in the clouds thinking all is rosy.

If all fans were like me, we would be a powerhouse and win a couple of flags every decade.

Ouch... Please Y_M, no more of the stinging barbs... I'm a kid am I? How old are you again?

My mind, as always, is open to everyone but you... You blew it a hundred times over.

And as for your deluded "reason" for coming to demonland... Has it escaped your notice that no-one, and I mean no-one here ASKED for your advice? I comprehend everything you say... so much so that I can see through it for the self-involved, grandstanding it is. And I'm not the only one. I'll say it again, you're hurting demonland, and by extension, MFC.

Please stop posting at demonland.

Get off the soapbox, please Dappa. I understand you have a vendetta against YM, but you're disrupting this thread more than he is. (EDIT: Now the two of you are even). Seriously, this is like Lex Luthor and Superman.

Back on topic, I am absolutely stoked that we have the opportunity to pick up such a highly talented, athletic player. It's also great that he seems keen to come to us. I personally would prefer Daniel Rich, but no matter what, it seems like we're definitely going to pick up a few great prospects in this draft.

1. #39 Ashley Smith, Dandenong, Defender - 2.80 secs

2. #65 Jack Watts, Sandringham, Tall Forward - 2.82 secs

3. #12 Stephen Hill, West perth, Midfielder - 2.83 secs

4. #75 Nic Naitanui, Swan Districts, Ruck - 2.86 secs

5. #34 Tom Swift, Claremont, Midfielder - 2.89 secs

6. #15 Ryan Schoenmakers, Norwood, Forward - 2.90 secs

7. #3 Sam Blease, Eastern, Midfielder - 2.91 secs

7. #17 Nick Heyne, Gippsland, Forward - 2.91 secs

9. #43 Taylor Hunt, Sandringham, Defender - 2.92 secs

9. #30 Luke Shuey, Oakleigh, Midfielder - 2.92 secs

9. #33 Matthew DeBoer, Claremont, Midfielder - 2.92 secs

12.#74 Tyrone Vickery, Sandringham, Ruck - 2.94 secs

12.#21 Bryce Carroll, Western Jets, Forward - 2.94 secs

This has sold me on Watts but I hope we take Swift..... he was the highest mid in the uder 16 carnival and rated just as high as Rich two years ago had an ACL last year and cartlidge problems this year but he would be great to take with our pick 17 if he is still there which is highly possible considering the depth of this draft. WC are also keen on him ...

But he could add some speed to our midfield even though I think he is an inside midfielder

I like (6. #15 Ryan Schoenmakers, Norwood, Forward - 2.90 secs) as my 2nd or 3rd pick. This kid looks the goods to me on the video.

I like (6. #15 Ryan Schoenmakers, Norwood, Forward - 2.90 secs) as my 2nd or 3rd pick. This kid looks the goods to me on the video.

He'd be good to get if we decided not to go with Watts as our first pick. I still think we need to improve our ruck and midfield stocks in this draft. So if we went down the Rich/Naitanui path, then Schoenmakers might be a good pick-up if he's still around by the time we get to our second or third pick.

He's be good to get if we decided not to go with Watts as our first pick. I still think we need to improve our ruck and midfield stocks in this draft. So if we went down the Rich/Naitanui path, then Schoenmakers might be a good pick-up if he's still around by the time we get to our second or third pick.

G'day 'Chook', yeah, I know what your saying but my thinking is that we should take 6 or 7 draftees.

1 ruck with the 4th (rnd3) or 5th (Rnd4) pick ie:- Redden or such.

2 tall forwards, (not power, but agile this year) Watts - F/F, H/F, come mid sweep. Ryan Schoenmaker - roaming tall forward (Ryan O'keefe like) can go into midfield.

Pick - 17 Highest Quality mid, Blease, Zaharakis, Robinson, etc. >>

>> Trade for another pick in the order of 15 - 28, grab another running skilled mid here.

3rd Rnd or 4th Rnd - another midfielder.

(((Power Forwards))) - Next seasons draft has a couple of hard at it tall forwards which we need to get by hook or by crook. John Butcher,,, 194/5 cms... Jack Fitzpatrick (199 cms) impressed U-18s down @ casey.

More mids next year...

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfMuEVJ8FRE

Thats the youtube link for the second day.

Last little bit of the video is very interesting and exciting stuff for us dees fans :)

Cheers for that.

Really liked what Bailey said about making the player feel as though they belong to the jumper, and taking pride in the history of the club.

I feel spoilt for choice, and I'd be happy with either of Watts, Rich, Naitanui, or Vickery, but based on that video it seems more than likely it's Watts. As the man himself said, "We can only hope".

Shoenmakers' an interesting one. Hadn't heard of him until tonight, but he looks a player.

Cheers for that.

Really liked what Bailey said about making the player feel as though they belong to the jumper, and taking pride in the history of the club.

I feel spoilt for choice, and I'd be happy with either of Watts, Rich, Naitanui, or Vickery, but based on that video it seems more than likely it's Watts. As the man himself said, "We can only hope".

Shoenmakers' an interesting one. Hadn't heard of him until tonight, but he looks a player.

If we had picks 1 & 2, then I'd feel spoilt for choice. <_<

The flashing lights is all about reactions, spatial awareness and hand-eye coordination, I'm a bit sceptical but I reckon those that fail miserably on these is where the real value lies. Weed out the slow brains.

I'd like to see Koschitzke try and do it, he'd be awful I reckon...

..He'd knock himself out...literally. (Giansiracusa style)

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfMuEVJ8FRE

Thats the youtube link for the second day.

Last little bit of the video is very interesting and exciting stuff for us dees fans :)

Going on the footage the top 5 will have to be.

1. WATTS

2. RICH

3. NAITANUI

4. VICKERY

5. YARRAN

Finally a player who wants to go to Melbourne. I don't know why but it's about time great to see.

The flashing lights is all about reactions, spatial awareness and hand-eye coordination, I'm a bit sceptical but I reckon those that fail miserably on these is where the real value lies. Weed out the slow brains.

I'd like to see Koschitzke try and do it, he'd be awful I reckon...

You'll be pleased to know that Koschitzke did do the reaction awareness tests.

Was among the worst for that year on peripheral awareness.

Fill in the blanks, I guess...

You'll be pleased to know that Koschitzke did do the reaction awareness tests.

Was among the worst for that year on peripheral awareness.

Fill in the blanks, I guess...

Any idea on how Daniel Bell went with those same tests???

The great Yze_Magic doesnt jump ship.

I just cant get excited about Watts.

Draft Naitanui and give us something to look forward to in 2009 and beyond.

I gotta ask mate, cos i wasn't about at that stage -- who did you think we'd get last year in the draft? did you make a point of shoving it down everyone's throat in every post you made?

and what will you do if we do take watts? i mean, all this bravado for nothing??? just curious.

I gotta ask mate, cos i wasn't about at that stage -- who did you think we'd get last year in the draft? did you make a point of shoving it down everyone's throat in every post you made?

and what will you do if we do take watts? i mean, all this bravado for nothing??? just curious.

Last year I hoped for Morton, and was very happy when we picked him.

Here is a snippet of my 2007 mock draft.

4. Melbourne - Cale Morton. Think Travis Johnstone, but not lazy. That is what we will get with Cale Morton, the kid whose exquisite ball skills are his trademark. The polish on a tough midfield (Jones, McLean, Sylvia etc..)

21. Melbourne - Adam Maric. Popular opinion says the Demons will go tall with pick 21,

but as I look at our list I see a serious lack of skillful crumbing players. Besides Aaron Davey, what have we got? Maric is seriously skilled, Daicos-like with his ability around the goals. If available, we must snap him up.

http://forums.demonland.com/index.php?show...6&hl=morton

A super effort to nail picks 4 and 21, particularly the Maric pick.

Had us taking Alex Rance at 14 though.

fair enough then. can't argue with that.

tone it down a little bit though mate, i like that you have passion & conviction... but ANY broken record is annoying after a while.

I'd rather read intelligent conversation about footy instead of long boring threads of mainly bickering.

I dont stick the knife in anyones back.

I call it as I see it.

99% of the soft Demon suppoter base dont like that, which is a big reason we have been in the wilderness for almost 50 years. Bunch of pansy Brighton toffs with their heads in the clouds thinking all is rosy.

If all fans were like me, we would be a powerhouse and win a couple of flags every decade.

i tend to agree and i am happy to be in that remaining 1%. I was the first one to pose serious question marks over miller and daniel bell..both of which i was shot down for, yet 12-24 months later everyone does a 180 and jumped on the anti miller/bell banwagon that i had been driving for so long.

I was also the first one to doubt bate and jones' kicking ability. makes it hard to have a discussion board if no members are willing to listen to any negative discussion about its players..and after only winning 3 games in 08...questions have to be asked.

Anyway, if we pick up Deboer we might as well just cross his name off the list as he has the worst foot skills going around.

When are you gonna grow up and realise no-one cares what you think MFC needs? You think what you want Y_M, just don't come on here and blow your horn... it's making 'land suck for everyone else. But I could hardly expect you to think about anyone but yourself could I?

Get off the soapbox, please Dappa. I understand you have a vendetta against YM, but you're disrupting this thread more than he is. (EDIT: Now the two of you are even). Seriously, this is like Lex Luthor and Superman.

Who's superman in that metaphor? And Chook, mate, I've got nothing but respect for you, but as long as Y_M keeps trying to turn this site into a tribute to Yze_Magic, I'll have both feet firmly planted on my soapbox. Someone has to do it. And as far as I can tell I've been reacting only for a couple of months. Y_M has been doing this unchecked for years now, and I'M the one you pick out to scrutinise?

Fair go mate.

so your saying the yze_magic blows your mind?

Hmmm. Yeah, I guess I am.... :S

Now THAT'S not a bad post Y_M. Still bignoting yourself, but not taking anyone else down with it... See? Wasn't so hard after all?