Swans interested in Jeff White!

The Great Pretender

How ironic.

Jeff White playing second fiddle in the ruck to Darren Jolly?

Jeff White right fit for Swans

Sounds right for them now that Peter Everitt has retired and it's typical of Paul Roos to squueze every ounce of ability and playing life out of a footballer. Good luck to Jeff as he's been a real stalwart for our club.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill reluctantly take pick 11 ;)

why would we get anything ??

Jeff walks free to Sydney if he wants to go I should imagine.

We cant have our cake and eat it too !!

Im pretty sure we can still trade him.

If not, why wouldn't we wait until after trade period to delist him??

I was under the impression you can only trade whats on your list...last time I looked.. White is not on our list !!

I was under the impression you can only trade whats on your list...last time I looked.. White is not on our list !!

Theoretically White is still on our list until the first list lodgment, which i believe is after the trade period.

We can still trade him and may be able to get something for him (not much) if there are more than one club wanting him.

If Jeff goes into the draft, anyone can pick him up but a club (Sydney) can guarantee his services through trading for him.

They can have him...just as long as they bundle #41 as well ;) (thats payment enough....better than any 5th round pick !!)

Sydney would be pretty safe picking him up in the PSD..if thats what they wanted to use it for. In reality what would we get..if anything.. a late 4th rounder etc....Its not quite like money, we cant simply swap two 4ths for a 3rd etc !!

Good luck Jeff.. enjoy the retirement even if in Red & White !!

If Sydney want to top up their list to bridge the gap between them and the top teams, aren't they the perfect team to try to trade Bruce or Green to?

Bruce would strengthen their midfield immensly and provide versatility.

Pick 11 for Bruce and White? Where do i sign?

Pick 11 for Bruce and White? Where do i sign?

I like your thinking son.. but I think theyd more likely go the same thing for pick 27 !!

the draft is to tight !! No ones going to give up a first round pick me thinks !!

the draft is to tight !! No ones going to give up a first round pick me thinks !!

Dunno about that. It is Sydney after all. Let's not forget they coughed up a first rounder (16?) for Darren Jolly.

That said, pick 11 for White and Bruce would be a dream come true. I doubt it'll happen.

I doubt Jeff will be involved in any trades at all, given that clubs will know he is gone, so they can just wait until draft day to get him for free.

Pick 11 for Bruce and White = pick 11 for Bruce.

Not in this draft. They're not that stupid.

Correct. White has no trade value even if packaged up with another player

And Bruce would be lucky to pull better than pick 25 and MFC would still pick up part of his package for a year o two. However while the Swans are interested in White at a gift price, I am not so sure they are hot on Bruce.

Getting anything for either White or Bruce is somewhat fanciful in light of how this draft will play out. Roos is only too aware they also need to get some inigourating blood into their line up...only so many gerries on life support that a team can caryy !!

The concept of Bruce going in any which way and returning a 2nd rounder is more our wishing that any reality coming back at us..

It s all just a nice idea !! :)

White will walk up the road for nix

Guest unstable punt
Im pretty sure we can still trade him.

If not, why wouldn't we wait until after trade period to delist him??

no, he's been delisted, free agent, we get nothing for him

no, he's been delisted, free agent, we get nothing for him

Technically he is still our player, as are Yze, Holland, Neitz, Bode and Weetra. Sydney will have to give us something for a trade, as stipulated in the AFL rules. As all parties know that White will be delisted, it will be a draft pick in the 90 range that we would not use.

Guest MFC Supporter
It was pick 15.

Dunn.

Great, hey ?

Jolly wanted to leave so that couldn't be helped but it goes to show you just how risky the top 20 picks are...

They're not all All-Australian material........

Guest MFC Supporter
I know they don't believe in bottoming out, but I seriously can't see White giving much to the club for more than 2 years, and they haven't got a chance of a premiership in that time.

Shhh... Don't tell Sydney ;)

I have to say, this says quite a lot about Sydney. They must think a premiership is still near. I know they don't believe in bottoming out, but I seriously can't see White giving much to the club for more than 2 years, and they haven't got a chance of a premiership in that time.

He'd offer Sydney just as much - if not more than Everitt did for Sydney this year. Which was stuff all. Like MFC Supporter says, "Shhh, don't tell Sydney"

I have to say, this says quite a lot about Sydney. They must think a premiership is still near. I know they don't believe in bottoming out, but I seriously can't see White giving much to the club for more than 2 years, and they haven't got a chance of a premiership in that time.

Its more a case that Sydney maximise their tilt at a flag while Hall, O'Loughlin, Kenneally, Goodes and Kirk are around. Ultimately trading away their picks and the retirement of the star players will impact their list negatively.

I agree White will offer them little and their opportunity at another flag is slipping.