2008 List Changes

Guest skipper3

Guest skipper3

Have noticed that Weetra & Bode have been dellisted by the club.

That brings changes so far to: Bode, Holland, Neitz, Weetra, White & Yze.

Think we'll find Chop Chop added to this list soon.

Guest skipper3

Yes, I am referring to Carroll. It doesnt matter if he has another year to go on his contract - there are ways around that, the club is getting very very sick & tired of him stuffing up. If the MFC want to change the culture & earn respect - they have to make some hard choices.

If by "Chop Chop" you are referring to Carroll it won't happen - he has another year on his contract.

Yes, I am referring to Carroll. It doesnt matter if he has another year to go on his contract - there are ways around that, the club is getting very very sick & tired of him stuffing up. If the MFC want to change the culture & earn respect - they have to make some hard choices.

Hey I totally agree about changing the culture and earning respect. I have been banging on about that on this site for some time. And yes I hope they do delist Carroll but I suspect that in our current financial position we can ill afford to delist a contracted player and pay him out then replace him with another player and pay that player as well.

Can someone please spell out the "ways around" delisting Carroll without paying his 2009 contract out.

Paying him out is not an option IMO.

Just this morning I have had a phone call from the club trying to sell me another $200 debt demolition raffle. Apparently only around 400-500 of the 1500 to be sold have been sold.

People just might find it difficult to donate to a club which is still paying out contracts. Again, tell me what the options are for Carroll.

Can someone please spell out the "ways around" delisting Carroll without paying his 2009 contract out.

Paying him out is not an option IMO.

Just this morning I have had a phone call from the club trying to sell me another $200 debt demolition raffle. Apparently only around 400-500 of the 1500 to be sold have been sold.

People just might find it difficult to donate to a club which is still paying out contracts. Again, tell me what the options are for Carroll.

Plenty of options.

Give him some special cookies and tip off the ASDA. Do three times.

Get his mum to give him some special diet pills.

Make friends with Anthony Mundine's manager.

Teach him Greg Birds' school of smack your missus around.

When all fails, liqour is the answer.

Get him nice and liquored and get him to punch Vlad.

or send him to a tour of Europe again. I'm sure there's a behavior clause that he'll cross.

Plenty of options.

Give him some special cookies and tip off the ASDA. Do three times.

Get his mum to give him some special diet pills.

Make friends with Anthony Mundine's manager.

Teach him Greg Birds' school of smack your missus around.

When all fails, liqour is the answer.

Get him nice and liquored and get him to punch Vlad.

or send him to a tour of Europe again. I'm sure there's a behavior clause that he'll cross.

Thanks for that jacey. I didn't realize we had so many options available to us.. perhaps we should send him round to Vlad with the White clash jumper.

I suspect that Carroll will be with us in 2009 unless his contract has clear and unambiguous behavioural terms which can beproven that he has breached.

Given we have Martin, Garland, Frawley, Warnock, Rivers (??) I think Carroll will be gracing Casey with his presence. And Casey fields is about as far as we can have him from the MCG.

I say pay him out and get rid of him. He's not part of the clubs plans in going forward, and he is a nuisance off field. I'd like to see us use all of our picks in the draft and still have room well for pick 1 in the psd. We should just about have enough room on the list for this now.

ok so who else can we see going this year? 6 gone, and given that valenti and aussie are good odds to be elevated to the senior list means we only have 4 picks atm.

i can only assume that we will wont more than that. at least 4 in the national draft (1, 17, 19, 35 are all reasonable picks). we would want PSD pick 1, and there is a possibility that we will trade in a player ie robbie warnock. that means we need at least 2 more spots. can we leave say valenti on the rookie list until after the draft to see what comes up?

has wheelan been re-signed yet? i dont think either he nor green haev signed yet. there positions may be shakey at this point. green could get us a decent pick in the draft...perhaps we will look at trading a pick on for a young player ie prismal, arther than drafting...

ok so who else can we see going this year? 6 gone, and given that valenti and aussie are good odds to be elevated to the senior list means we only have 4 picks atm.

i can only assume that we will wont more than that. at least 4 in the national draft (1, 17, 19, 35 are all reasonable picks). we would want PSD pick 1, and there is a possibility that we will trade in a player ie robbie warnock. that means we need at least 2 more spots. can we leave say valenti on the rookie list until after the draft to see what comes up?

has wheelan been re-signed yet? i dont think either he nor green haev signed yet. there positions may be shakey at this point. green could get us a decent pick in the draft...perhaps we will look at trading a pick on for a young player ie prismal, arther than drafting...

Yes Wheelan will be re-signing. i spoke to him not that long ago and he said he was 70% of his contract was done

Guest Chopper
Yes Wheelan will be re-signing. i spoke to him not that long ago and he said he was 70% of his contract was done

Important for the club. He's one of only a few on-field leaders we have.

Its spelt Whelan by the way.

ok so who else can we see going this year? 6 gone, and given that valenti and aussie are good odds to be elevated ....

I would not be so sure about that deanox. <_< There is a fair chance IMO that Valenti wont get elevated. Wonna more likely than Valenti but I wonder if Wona has been given some strict body conditioning goals/ fitness to attain before he is elevated.

get rid of carroll even if we have one less spot on the list (if we are allowed to this??)

why waste time and effort (and money for injuries, conditioning etc) on someone that is a bad influence and is not part of our future plans

Thanks to both for the contribution.

Bode did well for Melbourne. Weetra not so, but thanks for trying.

I'm with you - you'd think the two young people would be fair shattered, I know I would be. I dreamt of being good enough to even play in the 2nds at VFA/VFL - let alone make it onto a list.

I'm with you - you'd think the two young people would be fair shattered, I know I would be.

They should have been expecting it. Hardly shattered more disappointed. They should move on with their lives. They gave it their best shot and got a taste of AFL when many more fancy draft picks never get a game. They should be happy with that.

They should have been expecting it. Hardly shattered more disappointed. They should move on with their lives. They gave it their best shot and got a taste of AFL when many more fancy draft picks never get a game. They should be happy with that.

Come on Rhino, when you've been working towards a goal so hard for so long, and you don't fulfill your own expectations, it can be a very shattering thing.

No doubt they should move on with their lives, but that is easier said than done. Most likely they have dreamt and wanted nothing more than to play AFL, and so the notion of letting go of their dream would be a hell of a lot harder than simply "moving on".

I wish both of them the best of luck in their future endeavors (maybe they'll get picked up by another club or play for a VFL side). They can at least leave their AFL career behind knowing they tried their very best.

Given we have Martin, Garland, Frawley, Warnock, Rivers (??) I think Carroll will be gracing Casey with his presence. And Casey fields is about as far as we can have him from the MCG.

Unless Rivers is out injured again I take it...........? Hence your question marks RR.

I think people are being a bit narrow sighted in relation to delistings. due to the HUGE list turn over in the last 2 years, when looking ahead to next year but probably more the year after, it becomes difficult assuming the whole list develops and shows a bit to see who we can fit into showing the door. I think a little forward planing and keep carrol up our sleeve as a retirement at the end of next year may take the presure out of having to delist somone simply cos we are required to have something like 3 pics in the draft.