Jack Grimes

DEMON WITHIN

Put him in the side, imagine if he dominated the game and we won (not altogether imporssible considering the emotion surrounding the retiring guys). I reckon we would sell an extra 1000 memberships by the end of the year if that happened.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's the type of grass apparently...Mornington (where I live) has the same type...the surface is really good to play on...in summer it goes green...go figure!

Probably a Buffalo grass base at Frankston. Goes skeletal yellow at this time of year but flourishes and spreads during the hot and dry summer. Has an excellent root system that does not devour water over summer months. If its thick enough it like a carpet to play on.

2795009303_161c491054_m.jpg

Jack Grimes kickng ( and scoring ) a goal at Frankston yesterday

See the number he's wearing... RDB - 31! Does anyone know what number he has been allocated for Melbourne?

it'll be couch (pronounced kooch) or kiykiyu then. drought resistant. fantastic stuff. can get a slimey when wet in winter, but fantastic for sporting ovals as it will stay grassed all year round.

Probably a Buffalo grass base at Frankston. Goes skeletal yellow at this time of year but flourishes and spreads during the hot and dry summer. Has an excellent root system that does not devour water over summer months. If its thick enough it like a carpet to play on.

I think the Whitten Oval has the same grass. It looks bone dry at present. Greens up around October. It looked great back in early June. Does look like carpet at present. Great decision - most likely a decision based on the drought conditions and saving water..

See the number he's wearing... RDB - 31! Does anyone know what number he has been allocated for Melbourne?

I think the Whitten Oval has the same grass. It looks bone dry at present. Greens up around October. It looked great back in early June. Does look like carpet at present. Great decision - most likely a decision based on the drought conditions and saving water..

From the weekly VFL (reserves in this case) review...this got me excited!

Jack Grimes

Jack had an outstanding game, collecting 30 possessions off half back and in the midfield. His ball use and decision making under pressure was really good. He showed good skills overhead, and took some good strong contested marks. He is continuing to get his game time up, and played around 85%. Jack looks just about ready to play, and he will be pushing really hard for senior selection this week.

I think this is probably the best review we get each week...great work from andy lovell

I really want Jack "Frank" Grimes to be one of the Elite Guns of the AFL in Future years-Part of the resurgence of the MFC to its true place of Power & Envy.

Grimes Could Debut Against Tigers

Not sure if this has been posted, but it has made my morning.

One game may not help all that much, but it certainly couldn't be a hinderance. An amazing effort from him this year to even be in contention. One game may just give him all the fire he needs going into the off season

I was pelted with vegetables last week when i made this prediction. Once again i hope he plays. Just a taste of what is to come and a fire in the belly for pre-season and 2009.

FWIW I will still predict he will get a game against Richmond regardless of this ludicrous thread. A full game in Sandy 1sts this weekend displaying great form will be required IMO. Fingers crossed.

I don't agree with "a taste of it" either. But if he has been named to start on the wing against Frankston. If he plays pretty much a full game showing very good form IMO he should be considered for Round 22.

Definite chance based on: -

1/ His game for Sandy

2/ The pathetic showing of 3/4's of the side against Port Adelaide.

Well, well, well..............what do you know?

http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tab...px?newsId=66377

;)

I agree, if its merited he should get it. (a game).

I see no reason why Grimes shouldn't be given a taste of AFL by round 22 if his form warrants it. In fact I like the idea. It will be a fantastic way to end a frustrating season for him where many of his peers have had their first taste of AFL. It would be a great reward for all the hard work and frustrating moments he's had to endure - if his form justifies selection, and make summer that bit more enjoyable.

Round 1, or 22 should make no difference. I'm sure that Maric will benefit from the games he's played. Some learned supporters told me at Sandy a few weeks back that Maric wouldn't be given a game until next year. Now we can all see that he'll be better for the run.

This idea of deliberately holding him back until next year regardless of whether he's quite capable of playing is anachronistic.

Right back at ya!

;)

There is certainly no downside in playing him and giving him a taste of what AFL footy is like in preparation for next year.

However, Petterd's form has been good for a few weeks now and it would be unfair if Grimes leap frogged Petterd for a position this week. I hope they play them both.

Post #24 did it better (or at least, sooner) ;)

Then again, you can check out Posts #61 and #62 simultaneously if you wish.... ;)

Look, in the end it's still not confirmed until Friday....let's just all hope that if he does play, that it's the start of a long and successful career and one in which all of us will be made very happy by. :)

'Hannabal'

I agree , Hannabal, and I refer you to post 56 , which, I think, adds to the argument.

Do any Demonlanders have any inside info? Surely he'll play!!!

But, unfortunately, I doubt he'll cause the attendance to swell. Most supposed Demon "enthusiasts" I talk to at work have barely heard of him.

I've forgotten if I mentioned that a Hurstbridge contact of mine who's followed Jack's career, confidently assures me that he's far more skilled than his contemporary,Kreuzer, but Jack's not 200cm, hence wasn't considered a no. 1 draft pick. Hope he's right! Special talent like that needs to be fast-tracked....injury -permitting.

No info' from the inner, but it just makes perfect sense, that the kid gets the game, his first AFL game milestone under his belt instead of the millstone of, worrying it may never happen.

He can then come out preseason & train with the knowledge that the firstgame is locked away.

Also it's great as a crowd puller for us success starved DEES supporters.

'Hannabal'

I agree , Hannabal, and I refer you to post 56 , which, I think, adds to the argument.

But, unfortunately, I doubt he'll cause the attendance to swell. Most supposed Demon "enthusiasts" I talk to at work have barely heard of him.

I've forgotten if I mentioned that a Hurstbridge contact of mine who's followed Jack's career, confidently assures me that he's far more skilled than his contemporary,Kreuzer, but Jack's not 200cm, hence wasn't considered a no. 1 draft pick. Hope he's right! Special talent like that needs to be fast-tracked....injury -permitting.

'Hannabal'

I've just heard a Whisper that he's definitely in ;)

All the nay sayers on this thread can soon apologise for their lack of vision.

I've just heard a Whisper that he's definitely in ;)

Hannabal's on the money. Grimes is definitely making his debut this Sunday.

:D JESAULENKO.......YOU BEAUTTYYYYY!!!!!!

Go Grimesy!

May he play as many games as Yze and White. Great to see he plays in a game that he's heroes play their last. Having had posters of them up on his wall!

“I’ve told him this will be the first of at least 100 games he’s got to play for Melbourne. I’m really looking forward to seeing him play and he’s going to bring some excitement to the Melbourne footy club.”

Make that 250 thanks!

So excited about this one, and what a great way to finish off a horrible season. Hope he has a great game and gives us yet another reason to look forward to the future.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.