Interesting article on crikey.com.au

Mordigirl

Pretty damning article.

Sorry I might have misenterpreteted the whole thing but who the hell is this interstate ruckmen? Couldn't be Jeff White?

edited Dean Irving

Anyone got an idea who the ruckman he is referring too?

Plenty by the looks of things.

In Stynes defence, there was only one occasion in his long stint of consecutive games when he shouldn't have played. He had a torn / ruptured medial ligament & couldn't turn to save himself. Should not have played that day.

There was one instance where even he had conceded he would miss a game. Torn (intercostal ?) rib cartilige. He did play & was BoG by a street.

The suggestion that he was regularly patched up & subsequently failed to contribute on the ground is complete [censored].

• Like 1

The suggestion that he was regularly patched up & subsequently failed to contribute on the ground is complete [censored].

Try not to beat around the bush next time. ;)

Didn't he comeback midweek from his Urn that held his ashes once and played that weekend?

Onya Jimmy. Go Dees!

Interesting only in that someone tries to find another 'angle' to sink the boots into my beloved club.

As if the 'hollywood boulevarde' stuff doesnt occur in all football teams.. What, Like Chris Judd doesn't get fed grapes by the rookies in the Blues sheds?? come on!

One thing about this 'cronyism' which people UNDERVALUE: The first thing that we need to do is mobilise our supporters. Especially those who are not members. This should be much easier than finding new supporters. When Stynes, Lyon, Healey, etc etc are connected to the club of today we have a much better chance of mobilising the exisiting supporter base, increasing membership and revenue and hopefully stabilising our future so that we can drive on-field success.

Mr Stynes has proven himself more than capable of leading organisations with his charity work - A difficult gig in the current environment.

So, reporters can take a free hit at the club. They can twist information to suit their story lines. But the truth will be in the next 3 years. We either need a resurrection or there will be a funeral. I am an optimist and a proud member of the Mebourne Football Club. Kick us all you want, it will make our next flag even sweeter.

Guest unstable punt
Try not to beat around the bush next time. ;)

Didn't he comeback midweek from his Urn that held his ashes once and played that weekend?

Onya Jimmy. Go Dees!

whoever wrote that crap is just trying to be a smartarse and is a bit too clever for his own good, many non-truths in the article. can't take it seriously. It is crikey FFS, never any substance in that crap. Not an interesting article just a load of bollocks.

whoever wrote that crap is just trying to be a smartarse and is a bit too clever for his own good, many non-truths in the article. can't take it seriously. It is crikey FFS, never any substance in that crap. Not an interesting article just a load of bollocks.

Charles Happell (aka. "smartarse" - unstable punt), wrote that so called crap.

Classic Crikey. Take a fact (Irving coming to the Dee's and not making it so sacked to make way for one of the more successful rookie listings ever) and then contort it to shamelessly denigrate a handful of club legends, all in the name of journalism. If that's what people want to read let 'em read it. Stynes has gathered a very solid board. These people haven't come along to help Jim stroke his ego, they have come to use their skills to help rebuild this club. This clown scoffs at Stynes management ability by saying he runs a charity. Last time I checked charities are run just like any other business except the profits go to those who need the most. Hardly the career of an ego maniac. The reason they patched him up is because Dean was well past his best and couldn't get a game at a club that was playing pretty good footy. Sound's like sour grapes to me. As for the whole Garry Lyon thing. Personally I think it's great he's helping out. We need all the help we can get.

To an extent I agree with his sentiments that if Schwab is appointed the MFC will be being run by a pack of bum chums.

I support Stynes fully, CC has been a great appointment, I do not want Schwab though, his misgivings aside, for the simple fact that we need someone from outside, someone to keep Stynes & Co accountable, we wont get this if another 'mate' is appointed, I dont care what their credentials are.

Note: Charles Happell was the journalist who claimed to have overheard Andrew Demetriou in a cafe last December saying the Kangaroos would go broke, he's a journalist looking for controversy IMO, here's a reminder of this twit:-

THE journalist at the centre of a report claiming AFL chief Andrew Demetriou allegedly spoke of the death of the Kangaroos in a cafe conversation is standing by his article.

Charles Happell reported on subscription news service crikey.com.au that Demetriou and players' boss Brendon Gale were heard publicly discussing the Kangaroos' decision not to relocate to the Gold Coast at a South Melbourne cafe last week.

The story, reported in yesterday's Herald Sun, claimed Demetriou said the club would go broke within six months and that the Roos had played into the league's hands by rejecting its offer to relocate to the Gold Coast. - Herald Sun

HT,

Is it a twit for doing his job and reporting what he had overheard Demetriou say or did he misquote Demetriou by mentioning six months?

FWIW, in its current state both MFC and NMFC are stuffed unless they can develop sustainable and viable business models. Neither are such at the moment.

HT,

Is it a twit for doing his job and reporting what he had overheard Demetriou say or did he misquote Demetriou by mentioning six months?

FWIW, in its current state both MFC and NMFC are stuffed unless they can develop sustainable and viable business models. Neither are such at the moment.

RR mightily nice of you to jump on me for this. :) But I simply referred to him as a twit (which was in reference to his most recent of pieces on Crikey). I did not refer to him as a twit because he was doing his job and reporting what he had overheard.

Thankyou for stating the obvious about the MFC and NMFC. Let's hope they both can turn it around for their respective members and supporters.

Think iam more furious at the first reply!

"Melbourne supporters are all born into an establishment called the MCC"

Well I am VERY proud to say that all my family are very hard working blue collar supporters, who wouldnt even think of joining the MCC. (thats another argument for another thread)

Born into the MCC, please.

HT,

C'mon RR, the guy is a twit. Do you take what he has written as anything other than tacky journalism aimed at the easiest of targets. I think we should all unite and bag him, it will make us feel better and bring us closer together on this day of peace.

C'mon RR, the guy is a twit. Do you don't take what he has written as anything other than tacky journalism aimed at the easiest of targets. I think we should all unite and bag him, it will make us feel better and bring us closer together on this day of peace.

Yeah, Do it for "world peace" :lol:

Well I am VERY proud to say that all my family are very hard working blue collar supporters, who wouldnt even think of joining the MCC

Whilst I hear your point about the article I think you'll find most MCC members up until the 70s or 80s were very hard working blue collar supporters. It is just a sporting club, one that brought MFC 12 premierships, you cant blame it for becoming popular.

Whilst I hear your point about the article I think you'll find most MCC members up until the 70s or 80s were very hard working blue collar supporters. It is just a sporting club, one that brought MFC 12 premierships, you cant blame it for becoming popular.

A shameful article that's typical of Crikey. I get the feeling that someone dictated the story for the writer and he obediently wrote it all down. The first comment on the Crikey site was no surprise either - naturally a supporting piece from someone whose interest lies in destabilising the new Stynes board.

Mates, Hollywood Boulevard, nepotism and all of the things that someone believes we should we be terribly frightened of, except for one thing - we've had a dozen years of non Hollywood types running the show & we're bottom of the ladder and $5 million in debt.

On that basis, Hollywood trumps Bollywood and bring on the mates!

Keep This article and let us surface it for charles when melbourne start the big rise. Is jim's work for REACH just done to stroke his ego?? I don't think so. Nor do i think that is his ambition being President. Next Month Debt Demolition will tell us a lot. Stay Tuned.....