Who's your preferred forward 6 for 2009?

H_T

Who's your preferred forward 6 for 2009?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

HF: Bate, Miller, Sylvia

F: Davey, Robbo, Wona

i really think davey is wasted in the midfield and backline, keep him forward at the big boys feet where he is most dangerous kicking goals.

ideally we would have 2 of sylvia, bate and miller leading from CHF keeping us straight with the other making the other 'tall' with robbo on the FF line.

Wona to continue what he is doing.

HF - Bate Miller Sylvia

F - Woneamirri Watts Maric

Davey up on the wing.

I expect Morton and Garland to see a bit of time in the forward line too.

HF - Bate Miller Green

F - Woneamirri Watts Davey

2 talls,2 medium,2 smalls

If i see Davey outside the 50m arc i'll be [censored],he's at his most dangerous when ths ball hits the deck within 25m of goal,anything can happen.It pisses me off when the ball hits the deck and Davey is up on the wing!!!!!!!!!!

Davey is not a midfielder,he doesn't have the engine,play him where he's most dangerous,within 25m of goal.

I'm leaving Robbo out as all he's does is fly for hangers these days and he rarely takes one,he gives us a goal a game,not enough.

Dont really see a point in making a poll when in reality we havent seen all our list play

I am really looking forward to see players like Maric , Grimes and Zomer etc

But until then i will reserve my opinon

Watts would be a nice addition. I would still like Newton to play at FF, and groom Watts for a CHF type position. This gives us room to move around bate and miller from the flank and pocket. With Robbo and Davey also playing flank or pocket.

I want to see Sylvia up the ground in the future.

I'm suprised barely anyone can find room for PJ in there forward six.

I think his quality on his day. V Swans is the best example of this.

I would have PJ rotating through the fwd line and bench as the second ruck but I wouldn't give him a starting spot

I think that the looks of whats on offer up forward as in size not quality we definately need to draft a good key tall forward like watts or maybe stef martin (you never know) may get his chance not next season but in time, could really see bailey mould this kid in time as he def has pace for his size and we all know he is still learning.

Otherwise too hard in this day and age to pick a solid forward line or backs with so much rotation but only 3 or 4 would be def starters at the front miller ozzie bate and robbo if he gets back hence my worry about height and the lack of

Dont really see a point in making a poll when in reality we havent seen all our list play

I am really looking forward to see players like Maric , Grimes and Zomer etc

But until then i will reserve my opinon

That's fine. Its not like ...compulsory or anything. Just wanted to get a general feel on everyone's opinions. Would be interested to know what direction other MFC members/supporters have, and how they would "mould" their sides.

If you can't see a point of the exercise of the poll, don't comment.

I look forward to the likes of Maric and Grimes and fingers crossed Watts too. But until we see them in an AFL game, we can have an opinion on what we have seen. So don't shoot down the poll until you come up with something better!

HF - Bate Miller Green

F - Woneamirri Watts Davey

2 talls,2 medium,2 smalls

If i see Davey outside the 50m arc i'll be [censored],he's at his most dangerous when ths ball hits the deck within 25m of goal,anything can happen.It pisses me off when the ball hits the deck and Davey is up on the wing!!!!!!!!!!

Davey is not a midfielder,he doesn't have the engine,play him where he's most dangerous,within 25m of goal.

I'm leaving Robbo out as all he's does is fly for hangers these days and he rarely takes one,he gives us a goal a game,not enough.

Agree with Davey, he's more dangerous around the arc, hasn't the motor in the midfield unless rotations are flying thick and fast. Interesting opinion on Robbo, he averages over 2 a game. I think he warrants selection for 2009. Jury is out for beyond that. Agree with the hangers, but he is dangerous, he needs good talls around him for the Dees for him to compliment the forward line. He's better off with the 2nd or 3rd best backman too.

Ok, Demonlanders, after 70 votes polled it is becoming clearer the preferred Melbourne Forward six are: -

FWD: Wonaemirri (64 votes) Miller (62 votes) Sylvia (43 votes)

H-FWD: Robertson (39 votes) Bate (55 votes) Davey (38 votes)

with Newton not far behind as the 7th ranked forward with 34 votes. Maric had a well supported 26 votes (and he hasn't played an AFL game yet).

So looks as though Newton will be nominated to the bench and/or emergency. With Maric an outside chance of also making the 25 man squad list for 2009.

My forward 6

HF: Sylvia, Miller, Bate

F: Wonaeamirri, Newton, Robertson

Davey midfield, Maric very close, Bruce probably best suited to a HFF imo as well

My forward 6

HF: Sylvia, Miller, Bate

F: Wonaeamirri, Newton, Robertson

Davey midfield, Maric very close, Bruce probably best suited to a HFF imo as well

Ok, lets see you try the midfielders and where you place Bruce.....

Ok, lets see you try the midfielders and where you place Bruce.....

Gone during trade week.

Gone during trade week.

I think DB likes him.

He was made captain. Each week he plays a role with much importance to the team.

I dont think he will be traded as much as you want it.

I think DB likes him.

He was made captain. Each week he plays a role with much importance to the team.

I dont think he will be traded as much as you want it.

Yze Magic might have to change his name after todays developments. ;)

F: Davey Miller Sylvia

HF: Wonna Bate Robertson

Davey rotates through the midfield though. Probably only need a forward 5, the sixth one will be a mixture of midfielders/ruckman rotating through.

Yes Davey and Robbo have now cleared away from Newton, so they're looking safe starters the forward line in the 18.

Agree. You have the same as mine.