Casey Up-date

demon3165

I dont pretend to know what im talking about when it comes to these things in detail but..

why is this taking so long?

I would of thought this was the number 1 priority? We need a new home! We need what St Kilda is doing ( that sounds brilliant) why can they still organise this stuff while their season is still going and we cant when we are out?

As a paying member i demand to know more news more frequently! Casey? Sponsorship? Why we may have missed out on Warnock when in reality we were in the best position to get him? Clash jumper? New Logo?

I want news!

Sorry for the rant..

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest demonsrule
I dont pretend to know what im talking about when it comes to these things in detail but..

I would of thought this was the number 1 priority? We need a new home! We need what St Kilda is doing ( that sounds brilliant) why can they still organise this stuff while their season is still going and we cant when we are out?

As a paying member i demand to know more news more frequently! Casey? Sponsorship? Why we may have missed out on Warnock when in reality we were in the best position to get him? Clash jumper? New Logo?

I want news!

Sorry for the rant..

I agree 100% with you mousey. Why are we not getting told anything? Have they all gone to sleep!

Guest Golgothan

This hasn't exactly happend in a flash for St. Kilda either, they've been in discussions with Frankston Council for well over a year and they've only just approved to do it, so it still hasn't even started.

yeah i relise the St Kilda plans have been on the cards for a while, but i remember when Stynes was on footy classafied and he was confident something would be known within three weeks.

All i can think of is we are waiting for the new CEO to start work before we make the announcement?

I just thought more than ever we would be desperate to get things done, this off-season will be the most important of our clubs history for on and off field matters.

I would just like to be updated with news more frequently, give us something to be excited about!

It's misleading to say we are getting screwed because we are getting ess money from the council and state governments.

Stkilda are starting from scratch. there is nothing there.

In Casey there is already an AFL size oval, a gym, admin space, changerooms etc. It all already exists. All that we are doing is putting money into turning them from vfl standard into afl standard.

Most importantly however, Casey is a growing community who already loves their footy (evidenced by the fact they have had a vfl team Casey Scorpians).

So, the community relationship is probably the best thing that will come out of this relationship over a long period of time.

St Kilda Football Club has abandoned its plans to relocate their training base to Frankston Oval and will develop Belvedere Oval in Seaford as its new training facility.

Hmm..ought to be interesting...thats walking distance...my daughter will be happy..the turncoat !!

How much sweeter had it been Melbourne.. ah well Am sure we will do Ok ..in time.

Are we being dudded here? Have Connolly and the Board sold us short?

Calm down. The facility the Saints will be working from is a permanent base and presence. Our move to Casey whilst ongoing is only temporary pending new digs at Olympic Park or wherever? In any case I wouldn't be too jealous of StKilda as they will be operating in a much smaller municipality in terms of growth potential.

Calm down. The facility the Saints will be working from is a permanent base and presence. Our move to Casey whilst ongoing is only temporary pending new digs at Olympic Park or wherever? In any case I wouldn't be too jealous of StKilda as they will be operating in a much smaller municipality in terms of growth potential.

Yes..good persepctive !! ;)

Am wondering whether my house just went up or DOWN in value..lol

Hmm..ought to be interesting...thats walking distance...my daughter will be happy..the turncoat !!

How much sweeter had it been Melbourne.. ah well Am sure we will do Ok ..in time.

Turncoat?

BB - what happened? You didn't brainwash your daughter? Come on...... ;)

Keep in mind..the actuality of fault.Residents are petitioning the Council..and Im not too sure why !! As I understand it they arent at fault..quite the converse..they warned people and exercised their duty of care. VCAT seem the culprits...and The ccouncil will on -bill any out of pocket I should imagine to the State Gov..This might affect the Council's cash flow..but not its intended spending

I for one hope that VCAT get all they deserve over this. I understand that the council did not approve the development and that VCAT overrode them, as VCAT is want to do.

I have been involved in a VCAT dispute, which the developer won. I don't know of too many that the developer has lost. The legal counsel from the council told us, informally, before the hearing started that we didn't have a chance, and boy was she right. Three days of enduring the supercillios attitude of the "judge" did not improve matters.

Turncoat?

BB - what happened? You didn't brainwash your daughter? Come on...... ;)

Oh I tried..believe me... but she's evill..a natural Demon you'd think...but as young girls are want to do.. she thinks it funny to dis the dad..so years back she flipped and the Devil child pretends she's teh angelic Saint !!

I know better..lol

mea culpa...it's one of my life's failures.. :unsure:

A move, not to Frankston , makes far more sense to me for StKilda.. They arent aligned with Frankston and so that must have loomed as some sort of conflict. Mind boggles as to what Belvedere Park will become :wacko:

Handy to the Freeway ...and By-pass.. if ever built :angry:

I for one hope that VCAT get all they deserve over this. I understand that the council did not approve the development and that VCAT overrode them, as VCAT is want to do.

I have been involved in a VCAT dispute, which the developer won. I don't know of too many that the developer has lost. The legal counsel from the council told us, informally, before the hearing started that we didn't have a chance, and boy was she right. Three days of enduring the supercillios attitude of the "judge" did not improve matters.

While I agree with you about VCAT and its rubber-stamping of developers proposals, I understand that in this case the Casey council made an "out of court"( because it isn't a court ) agreement with the developer. While the councils original position has been vindicated, they now bear the responsibility.

While I agree with you about VCAT and its rubber-stamping of developers proposals, I understand that in this case the Casey council made an "out of court"( because it isn't a court ) agreement with the developer. While the councils original position has been vindicated, they now bear the responsibility.

If you go to Casey's website you will see that they are saying they never agreed to the affected stages of the development, only to details about the removal of vegetation. The VCAT website is interesting - they are the organisation that was originally claiming Casey Council agreed to the development, yet now their website has nothing of the sort. Instead there is a 'reconstructed' account of the reasons for the decision which was made in 2004. If I had to rewrite the reasons for something I did in 2004, I think I would have a hard time doing it - so it's amazing that they would put something like this on their website. I think it's called 'running for cover'.

Obviously everybody is going to put their own slant on the mess, however it still looks as if Casey Council and the EPA were the ones trying to keep a decent 'buffer zone' between the tip and the houses, and the developer wanted to squeeze every block they could into the project, and was prepared to sell blocks to people knowing there might be a problem in years to come. Of interest also is the fact that the developer has made an announcement to the ASX about this issue, which would tend to indicate they might believe they have some legal exposure, as publicly listed companies are required to notify the ASX of something that is 'price sensitive' (ie: might drive the share price up or down).

As you can see, I spend way too much time on the internet.

A move, not to Frankston , makes far more sense to me for StKilda.. They arent aligned with Frankston and so that must have loomed as some sort of conflict. Mind boggles as to what Belvedere Park will become :wacko:

Handy to the Freeway ...and By-pass.. if ever built :angry:

Handy to the freeway.......if you don't mind driving through residential streets to get there (and the residents can put up with traffic and intrusion).

Handy to the bypass.......yep, it'll be just over the fence.

St Kilda gave away its opportunity to get to Casey Fields, and the door opened for MFC.

St KFC should now go back and talk to Kingston Council.

Anyway that's St KFC's problem....let's concentrate on Casey for MFC. When will that move formally be announced?

Handy to the freeway.......if you don't mind driving through residential streets to get there (and the residents can put up with traffic and intrusion).

St Kilda gave away its opportunity to get to Casey Fields, and the door opened for MFC.

Anyway that's St KFC's problem....let's concentrate on Casey for MFC. When will that move formally be announced?

Have they signed the contract yet? I know the council agreed to the proposal - that was documented - but it's been quiet since then. Someone in this thread did mention the lack of any communication, I guess when the contract is signed there will be an announcement? I hope so anyway. Considering preseason is only a month away - they had better get the lead out!

Hardly..Belvedere parl al but faces Seaford Road..and straight onto Freeway..easy..

Of course we might be waiting a whiles on this one

Kingston are a strange bunch...once contracted to them.. enuff said ;)

Hardly..Belvedere parl al but faces Seaford Road..and straight onto Freeway..easy..

If I recall correctly from when I visited the site a few months ago, 500 or 600 metres into the residential area off Seaford Road, BUT, I don't think you can get out of the most direct route back out to Seaford Road and turn right back towards the freeway. I think you can only turn left.

It won't be convenient, and interestingly, the Council has put in speed humps on other roads to discourage their use as ratruns to get back out to the freeway interchange.

lol...Silly Me.. Even Im gettig confused.. I see what you ar on about now.. Locally East Seaford Reserve is called Belvedere at times..because of one of the schools nearby.. The OTHER Belvedere....yes..tucked away huh

Have they signed the contract yet? I know the council agreed to the proposal - that was documented - but it's been quiet since then. Someone in this thread did mention the lack of any communication, I guess when the contract is signed there will be an announcement? I hope so anyway. Considering preseason is only a month away - they had better get the lead out!

I guess there'll be a lot of hoopla when it's all signed up, but it's been awfully quiet.