Casey Up-date

demon3165

The G runs east-west.

The only people who get the sun in their eyes are those on the flanks and wings in the southern stand, like everywhere else in the southern hemisphere, the sun is in the northern sky.

One ground where it is hard to watch football is Kardinia Park which DOES run north-south from memory and watching from that lousy pocket they park us in is dreadful because the sun is in your eyes. If Casey is north-south, it's a problem.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The G runs east-west.

The only people who get the sun in their eyes are those on the flanks and wings in the southern stand, like everywhere else in the southern hemisphere, the sun is in the northern sky.

One ground where it is hard to watch football is Kardinia Park which DOES run north-south from memory and watching from that lousy pocket they park us in is dreadful because the sun is in your eyes. If Casey is north-south, it's a problem.

The sun still sets in the west, it's just slightly to the north (unless you're at the south pole). The only reason the MCG gets away with being an east-west ground is because of the height of the stands.

Sporting grounds should always be north-south aligned otherwise one team will be going straight into the sun.

Unfortunately it's not a problem that can be fixed, unless you have massive stands or a closed roof. Or play only at night.

Sporting grounds should always be north-south aligned otherwise one team will be going straight into the sun.

standard practice is to align football/cricket grounds north-south. Just look at the Melway for confirmation. Almost all grounds are north-south, unless there is some constraint regarding shape of the land available etc.

The ground runs north-south, and the sun is at the same angle as anywhere else in Melbourne. The sun also doesn't shine any stronger in Cranbourne.

Depending on where play is, you might look into the sun. The same can happen at the MCG.

Mate you don't have to be so precious.

It was just one of the things I remember about the ground. Next time I'll bring Sunnies. I saw potential for a decent little stadium, but in general didn't see anything special. However, of course, it doesn't need to be special

Mate you don't have to be so precious.

It was just one of the things I remember about the ground. Next time I'll bring Sunnies. I saw potential for a decent little stadium, but in general didn't see anything special. However, of course, it doesn't need to be special

Blue Blockers?

step by step :)

http://www.cranbourneleader.com.au/article...9_csv_news.html

Demons closer to having a sting in their tails !!

step by step :)

http://www.cranbourneleader.com.au/article...9_csv_news.html

Demons closer to having a sting in their tails !!

Hopefully the alignment between the Demons and Scorpions is a smooth transition and can be carried out without any hiccups.

I must say the Zebra's and Demons relationship from my point of view has been a relatively harmonious one which has resulted in success with Mark Williams at the helm in their threepeat triumph.

I'd be delighted if the new relationship with the Scorpions will be just as good if not better!

At the risk of seeming to start a bun fight..and its not.. just an observation ..the relationship with Sandy whilst very harmonious was very much a points win to the Zebbies. Almost as much as they succeeded, we languished. Possibly starting anew and looking long term we can all sit around a table so to speak and work out a system which more equally benefits both parties.

Hopefully the fortunes of both parties with build.

At the risk of seeming to start a bun fight..and its not.. just an observation ..the relationship with Sandy whilst very harmonious was very much a points win to the Zebbies. Almost as much as they succeeded, we languished. Possibly starting anew and looking long term we can all sit around a table so to speak and work out a system which more equally benefits both parties.

Hopefully the fortunes of both parties with build.

How is its a points win to the "Zebbies?" I would of thought the platform they built for success would transcend somewhat to the seniors, a little. Ie 2004-06.

How is its a points win to the "Zebbies?" I would of thought the platform they built for success would transcend somewhat to the seniors, a little. Ie 2004-06.

Now..lets count the Sandringham Premierships in recent times :) say since Melbs allignment

now..Melbournes............

Sandringham had access to our talent..playing them where it suited them...They won on this deal by streets !!

Now..lets count the Sandringham Premierships in recent times :) say since Melbs allignment

now..Melbournes............

Sandringham had access to our talent..playing them where it suited them...They won on this deal by streets !!

My point is that the form stacks up in those exact years and transcends somewhat to the form of Melbourne, regardless of the ultimate result...premierships.

When Geelong won the VFL, they didn't win in the seniors that year. even though it wasn't an alignment.

Same for Williamstown and Collingwood.

Comparing the number of premierships is incredibly simplistic and doesn't even come close to analyzing the real strength of the alliance.

Keep in mind that VFL Clubs exist to win VFL premierships.

I fully appreciate that a VFL exists for its own sake..why wouldnt they !! Thats not the point here. Given that they ( VFL clubs ) do indeed run primarily to THEIR agendas it will of course follow that the AFL club will come in second. NO ??

In all honesty unless you have your own , as Collingwood and Geelong do , then you have not the ideal control over the development and game time of your "shared" players. I accept that. I simply dont sugar coat it as anything else

Comparing the number of premierships is incredibly simplistic and doesn't even come close to analyzing the real strength of the alliance.

and yet there is no other real gauge of success in football is there !! Its THE prize... none other matters

and yet there is no other real gauge of success in football is there !! Its THE prize... none other matters

Again....Comparing the number of premierships is incredibly simplistic and doesn't even come close to analyzing the real strength of the alliance.

Again....Comparing the number of premierships is incredibly simplistic and doesn't even come close to analyzing the real strength of the alliance.

Oh..please explain it then.. what is the huge gains we have had ?? Where have WE come off better than the partner in all this ??

In case it has escaped you PREMIERSHIPS ARE what this game is about.. Thats the prize of success in this game..or are you deluded to think there are others ?? Possibly thats what been wrong with this club..they've taken their eyes off of the real game !!

there are essentially only four outcomes to a partnership

win win..both teams do exceptionally well

lose lose.. both teams do execeptionally poorly

win lose...one team prospers..the other languishes

lose win...ditto.....ditto

A reasonably precis of our time with Sandy is they did very well..we did very poor to average

i.e WIN ( them ) LOSE ( US )

therefore..they did much better out of it...Its not really that hard !!!

Oh..please explain it then.. what is the huge gains we have had ?? Where have WE come off better than the partner in all this ??

Did the alliance work cohesively?

Did The Western Bulldogs come off the better with Werribee as its partner? No premierships between the two. But they were a good alliance and worked cohesively together. The young Bulldog players developed down at Werribee to the point where the Bulldogas are now at.

I envisage the same had happened between Melbourne and Sandringham. DEVELOPMENT. Successive Finals 2004-05-06. Whilst Sandy were winning premierships. There is your explanation. ANd if you cannot see your explanation, forget it. Premierships whilst being the measuring stick for Ultimate success is NOT the only gain.

Whilst its rather irrelvant what other teams were are doing..in the search for the answer as to whehter the alliance was a success for both parties.. It may have escaped your notice then that the Dogs have gone places..and we are languishing on the bottom of the ladder !!

There IS only ULTIMATE Success in this game ..at this level. If you persist in having none then you face the uncertain future we do.. Yes we've done marvellously well out of TBO :rolleyes::huh:

When Geelong won the VFL, they didn't win in the seniors that year. even though it wasn't an alignment.

Yes they did. In 2007, Geelong won:

• the AFL premiership
  • the VFL premiership
  • the Brownlow Medal
  • the Liston Trophy

All of the stars came into alignment for Geelong last year.

This year they are still dominating the AFL, but their VFL team is a shadow of its former self (made up of a lot of different supplementary VFL players to last year).

That is a case where the interests of the AFL team absolutely dominate the interests of the VFL team. They will recruit supplementary players to fill remaining requirements after they have determined what their VFL playing senior list players need to do during the year.

Aligned teams cannot, and never will, work that way because the VFL team wants to win a premiership - that is its principal objective.

It's not a competition between the AFL and VFL aligned teams to see who can "win" out of the alignment - it needs to be a partnership which gives the optimum outcome for both.

Actually the comment I made about 10-15,000 is probably an under-estimate. There were over 10,000 people at a NAB Challenge match between Essendon and Hawthorn in 2007, and there was plenty of spare capacity over on the outer side of the ground. A crowd capacity of around 20,000 is probably more accurate.

This year the following MCG Melb home game crowds have occured:

v North Melb - 21,220

v Freo - 19,423

v Bris - 23,278

Casey Fields may have struggled with the Brisbane crowd, but could have taken the Freo and NM crowds. Add in Port Adelaide, Western Sydney, Adelaide and the Gold Coast and you have a number of matches to choose from.

And yesterday - 17,958 v West Coast.

The likelihood is that there will be around 4 home matches v low-drawing interstate teams. Select from WC, Freo, PA, Adelaide, Western Sydney and GC17.

Brisbane has Fitzroy supporters, so leave Brisbane out of the mix.

Maybe 2 of the 4 low-drawing interstate matches could be played at Casey Fields without too much infrastructure upgrade.

• the AFL premiership
  • the VFL premiership
  • the Brownlow Medal
  • the Liston Trophy

This year they are still dominating the AFL, but their VFL team is a shadow of its former self (made up of a lot of different supplementary VFL players to last year).

That is a case where the interests of the AFL team absolutely dominate the interests of the VFL team. They will recruit supplementary players to fill remaining requirements after they have determined what their VFL playing senior list players need to do during the year.

Aligned teams cannot, and never will, work that way because the VFL team wants to win a premiership - that is its principal objective.

It's not a competition between the AFL and VFL aligned teams to see who can "win" out of the alignment - it needs to be a partnership which gives the optimum outcome for both.

I find myself agreeing with Casey Scorp....now there's a weird feeling...

I fully appreciate that a VFL exists for its own sake..why wouldnt they !! Thats not the point here. Given that they ( VFL clubs ) do indeed run primarily to THEIR agendas it will of course follow that the AFL club will come in second. NO ??

In all honesty unless you have your own , as Collingwood and Geelong do , then you have not the ideal control over the development and game time of your "shared" players. I accept that. I simply dont sugar coat it as anything else

I'll ask again :P

How do you want an affiliation to work?

...or did you simply feel the need to rebut the view that the Sandy partnership has been a success for us?

• the AFL premiership
  • the VFL premiership
  • the Brownlow Medal
  • the Liston Trophy

Yes, I meant prior to 2007. When Geelong won prior to Sandy's premierships in the VFL.

Agree. Its a partnership. At both levels they try their best by working with one another to achieve those optimum outcomes. Very much as Neale Daniher and Mark Williams did in 2004-05-06. They had a great working relationship, that was expressed by both.