We should target Prismall,Lonergan...

Jack7

Both these players would be great aquisitions for the Dees and they're not getting a game at the Cats.

Prismall has been emergency 8 times in 9 games this year,he's in tonight for Selwood,but he wants to play week in week out,not just when someone doesn't come up.Bomber Thompson didn't want to let Moloney go,lets do a straight swap :lol:

Lonergan would add another target up forward,he can take a grab and kick a goal and he's in tonight for Hawkins.He's been out of the game a long time due to the clash with Brad Miller when he lost a Kidney,so he's fresh and ready to go.

It's round 11 and they have only played one game each this year,time to ask yourself if you want to be a back up part player or play every week!!!

Time for these 2 [censored] to become Demons :o

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kane Tenace could be another to target

Kane Tenace is just about the 35th best player at geelong.

maybe pick him up pick 110 in the draft, but i wouldn't waste anything else on him

Forget Tenace. He is like Buckley. Can run fast, and that's about it. Poor skills, no defensive side, waste of space.

Prismall would be great for us. He'd walk straight into our midfield and just about be our best. I'd give up any pick after first rounder for him. Say pick 20 something for him? Would really help our midfield. Finds alot of the ball, decent speed, good skills. Feel sorry for him wasting away in the VFL because he has to contend with Ablett, Bartel, Corey, Enright, Chapman, Kelly etc

Cats wont let Lonergan go. They rate him very very highly.

If we could draft a ruckman, some KPP, then trade in Prismall, I think we will have done well.

Forget Tenace. He is like Buckley. Can run fast, and that's about it. Poor skills, no defensive side, waste of space.

Prismall would be great for us. He'd walk straight into our midfield and just about be our best. I'd give up any pick after first rounder for him. Say pick 20 something for him? Would really help our midfield. Finds alot of the ball, decent speed, good skills. Feel sorry for him wasting away in the VFL because he has to contend with Ablett, Bartel, Corey, Enright, Chapman, Kelly etc

Cats wont let Lonergan go. They rate him very very highly.

If we could draft a ruckman, some KPP, then trade in Prismall, I think we will have done well.

Maybe try to lure Prismall through the PSD promising him 22 senior games and good game time?

Maybe try to lure Prismall through the PSD promising him 22 senior games and good game time?

Definitely a good idea. Lol I completely forgot about the PSD for a minute there :blink: Depends on his contract status though doesnt it? Anyone able to find out what his contract status is? If not, then I'd still be willing to trade for him. He really is a talented player cursed with trying to break into an amazing midfield. He's been consistently racking up 30+ possessions in the VFL all year.

Just did a bit of research on him myself.

Drafted 2004 at pick 32.

Is 21, turning 22 in July, so he's still young and fits into our 23 and under policy.

Debuted in 2006, played 8 games and averaged around 14 possessions.

Only managed 5 games last year due to Geelongs fantastic year and slab of All Australian midfielders. In those 5 games he averaged 18 possessions.

This year has been emergency 8 times, playing his second game for the year tonight. Hasnt played AFL for nearly 2 months, and he racked up 21 touches tonight, including 7 inside 50s and 3 tackles off limited gametime.

I really think he would be a great pick up if we managed to get him off Geelong. He can win the ball himself, but more importantly he has good skills, which is something we need.

On a completely unrelated note, anyone see Ablett's game tonight? Phenomenal! 39 touches, 2 goals, 6 tackles, 8 clearances. Unbelievable. On his form this year and last, he is better now than Judd ever was IMO.

Prismall played well tonight,22 very clean disposals.It's such a waste seeing this guy running around in the VFL.

He'd be a starting midfielder with us every week and half at the MCG,doesn't get much better!!!

Lets snag him in the PSD,is he contracted for '09?

On a completely unrelated note, anyone see Ablett's game tonight? Phenomenal! 39 touches, 2 goals, 6 tackles, 8 clearances. Unbelievable. On his form this year and last, he is better now than Judd ever was IMO.

I was saying exactly the same thing to myself tonight

I know the Prismall's (work with his mother) and he is desperate to get more game time. He asked Cats to trade him last year and they said no as he was under contract.

But he is out of contract this year and will probably look to leave as he just can't crack it into their side. Collingwood have shown a bit of interest but I just cant see what they have to offer Geelong in a trade so Pris could end up in the PSD.

His brother is also playing down at Weribee as he didn't get drafted last year. Is bigger than Brent and plays KP. Apparently has more ability than Brent.

Would be good to see the two boys down at the club. The family is a ripping family that just love footy.

I went last night. Ablett is in a complete league of his own. No-one comes close to him at the moment in my opinion.

I really like the look of Prismall: we should go for him. Geelong are likely to have to offload players come the end of the year due to the salary cap and so if Prismall isn't getting a game he could be one of them.

i doubt Prismall will releave much salary cap pressure...

they are more likely to trade a guy like Rooke or something. Someone who will demand value on the trade table and is being paid well, yet who isn't a core player.

If we get someone like Warnock or Prismall in the PSD then that would be great, because it fixes a whole in our side virtually for free. we can only hope

And some bulk cash! We should have the cash to throw around, i want to trade heavy this year. Prismall, Mckinley and Warnock. Melbourne and Richmond were speaking to benny mac last year but the eagles wanted him to see out his contract.

And some bulk cash! We should have the cash to throw around, i want to trade heavy this year. Prismall, Mckinley and Warnock. Melbourne and Richmond were speaking to benny mac last year but the eagles wanted him to see out his contract.

I don't think West Coast will want/can afford to trade McKinley: he's their only decent forward (especially now that Lynch rucks as well), is young and can kick goals in a team that struggles to score. Despite that, if they are looking to trade him, we should definitely go for him.

I don't think West Coast will want/can afford to trade McKinley: he's their only decent forward (especially now that Lynch rucks as well), is young and can kick goals in a team that struggles to score. Despite that, if they are looking to trade him, we should definitely go for him.

the answer is simple.

Offer him more money, the chance to play at home in vic, and if the eagles dont strike a trade with us then we can get him in the PSD with pick 1. We will just have to offer him more money than the seagulls and apprantly cartel are interested as well.

the answer is simple.

Offer him more money, the chance to play at home in vic, and if the eagles dont strike a trade with us then we can get him in the PSD with pick 1. We will just have to offer him more money than the seagulls and apprantly cartel are interested as well.

Well I hope your plan works because I'd love to see McKinley in the red and blue next year

i was so distruaght to see McKinley start playing well this season..espesh after it said we went pretty hard for him

we must get McKinley..he's be so great to our forward line..and you could even chuck him on the wing.

Prismall would be great too, and he might want to move cos he'd be a regular in our side, Geelong's midfield is too good

Prismall? Yes. He has very good skills and would fit in nicely.

Lonergan? No. Decent player but nothing special.

And whoever said we should go after Hawkins is a fool. We would have to give up the no.1 pick, and they wouldn't trade a F/S selection anyway as he has massive potential.

Here's how i think we should go about it come trade time.

Keep first pick (duh)

Try and get Robbie Warnock with a 3rd rounder (or threaten to give Freo nothing and get him in the PSD)

Then go after Prismall in the PSD

roles could reverse and we could go after prismall for a 2nd rounder, then get Warnock in the PSD, but i rather the 1st option.

We then try and trade the likes of Bruce, Green, etc for a few more highish picks. We then go into the ND with pick 1-3, priority pick, 2nd round pick, 2nd rounder (from Green trade), 2nd rounder (from Bruce trade). Use the later draft picks to sweeten deals. Top 30 in this draft are said to be good. Top 20 very good and top 10 extremely good.

We would have gained Prismall, Warnock, one of NN, Rich or Hurley, and 4 other picks in the top 30 (hopefully top 20-25). It's time we got aggressive.