• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tassie Hawks President tells us to relocate ...

w00dy

kennett about Melb and bottom 4 clubs:

"It (melb) needs to do something dramatic if it is to get the financial support and the consumer and sponsorship support.

"For the teams in the last four positions (on the ladder) at the end of this year, it is going to be very, very hard to rebuild within the next 10 years.

"There is no way Andrew (Demetriou) is going to allow any of the weaker clubs to rebuild through the drafting process through the next 10 years. It's almost going to be impossible with what is proposed, so that makes it hard."

Ok soooo he says we should relocate. He thinks we have the weakest position. Yes we do lets deal with that. Can we change it? Not so sure we can. If we can how do we do it? We are still waiting for training bases we are asking for more money from AFL than ever and we have lost more money than we were going to make for the last number of years.

are the comments above correct who knows but as a president of anf AFL club he would not be far off. Do we relocate fark no!!!! but the comments above are very worrying. next 10 years...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having 18 teams isn't going to make much more money for the AFL than 16, that's because there's already a limited times for the games to be televised. An extra game would have to be fit into an already very compressed weekend. For the AFL it would make more sense to reduce the number of clubs in an already overcrowded market and throw money and a growing area.

Make no mistake, the majority of the other clubs don't want us to survive.

Enter Monday night football.

I'd have thought it would be easier for clubs at the bottom to relocate because, aside from freo, they're young and have on more draft to choose from. What about other clubs that are older and striving for the top, or past the peak, when they fall?

This is what i said to Triple M, not very thought out, was angry, but still!

What an absolute disgrace of an idea, lacking knowledge of his own club and the history of the game. How can you move the club that invented the bloody sport in the first place? We are the Melbourne Football Club, we are the oldest sporting club in Australia and i'll be buggered to see us leave. Sure, we're in a hole, but still a lot better than in '03, and probably the same situation as we were in in '06, just not winning matches. The AFL have done us no favours in trying to build our revenue in our 150th year, not giving us a night game until round NINETEEN, of course against Geelong. In two years we'll have a brand new training facility and headquarters and i hope we'll be playing home matches against interstate sides at Casey Fields as a way to generate some money, a lot of money if you believe how much the Cats make from their home games.

Listening to some Hawthorn supporter last night calling Triple M saying it'd be a "smart business decision" to move the club, before revealing that he used to follow Fitzroy before they merged, clearly not even following his own advice, almost made me rip the radio out of the car and throw it out the window.

The Melbourne Football Club will survive, and will go stronger because of the process it must now endure. We have the highest Supporter-Member ratio in the AFL, so the support is there, we just need a unified board with a proper agenda to make money in the future.

We are the Melbourne Football Club, we will always be the MELBOURNE football club. And if the Tasmanian Hawks don't like it, they can sod off.

• 2 years later...

BUMP

If anybody needs a little extra motivation to get to the G this weekend, here it is.

The bully Kennett is good at sinking in the slipper when you're down, but things change very quickly in the football world.

If North steal Tassie out from under the Hawks they'll be struggling in no time. We have a chance to silence the biggest mouth in football this week and we all need to get there and help out the boys with some voice.

BUMP

If anybody needs a little extra motivation to get to the G this weekend, here it is.

The bully Kennett is good at sinking in the slipper when you're down, but things change very quickly in the football world.

If North steal Tassie out from under the Hawks they'll be struggling in no time. We have a chance to silence the biggest mouth in football this week and we all need to get there and help out the boys with some voice.

Totally Agree...

I'm currently on lunch break at work and enjoyed reading the comments on this threat from 2008. Amazing how before their run of wins started, Hawthorn had the 3rd worst run of wins since the 2008 Grand Final. Amazing how he talks about relocation when what 6-7000 of his members are from Tasmania where they have sold games to, effectivley re-locating a quarter of their club.

Get to this game. I'm calling this the biggest Hawks - Dees game since the 88' Grand Final!!

haha I reckon rnd 22 in 96 might've been slightly bigger :)

I remember when he said this, it made me so angry! We were playing Hawthorn that week and I remember when Kennett walked down the race an irate Melbourne fan gave him an absolute gobful.

I hope we [censored] them.

Go Dees!

In hindsight i am glad Jeff said what he did. Why because it woke this club up, and look what has happenned in 2 years.

We were a complete basket case, but those days look gone now.

Jeff Kennett is and always was a Jerk, but he was the reaction needed to finally wake this club up and DO something about it.

Demons by 40 points this weekend.

In hindsight i am glad Jeff said what he did. Why because it woke this club up, and look what has happenned in 2 years.

We were a complete basket case, but those days look gone now.

Jeff Kennett is and always was a Jerk, but he was the reaction needed to finally wake this club up and DO something about it.

Demons by 40 points this weekend.

Are you giving Jeff Kennett credit for our club's turnaround?

Really?

Sure you don't want to reconsider?

Sure?

I just threw up in my mouth a bit.

Are you giving Jeff Kennett credit for our club's turnaround?

Really?

Sure you don't want to reconsider?

Sure?

I just threw up in my mouth a bit.

No jeff never gets credit from me.. But it was his original comment that got Stynesy fired up to run for Prez, as he wanted his kids to be able to barrack for melbourne

Kennett on the radio ALL morning today (3AW & SEN) talking about a season defining game between the Dorks & the Demons. Unfortunately, his arrogance comes out on radio & he has no fear about this game.

If we win this weekend, I'm buying a grand final ticket.

I hope we do [censored] them however, not very confident we can even beat them. :unsure:

HATE HATE HATE those arrogant pricks from Hawthorn. From their president right down to that ahole Brown.

I'm sick of watching them smash us, and it's about time we got back to the days when Neita was breaking their players' collarbones and we enjoyed big wins against them.

This is the biggest game we've played since our 2006 finals series, and I would love nothing more than to make a real statement.

We may not win, but as long as we have a serious crack at them I'll be happy.

.... from an interchange infringement!

Or a 50m penalty given by Buddy for a push on Chip after a mark. Chip then goes back and slots one through from 55m. Taking his tally for the game to 26 disposals, 15 marks and 1 goal, and Buddy's tally to 3 disposals, 1 mark and 0 goals.

I'd probably die and go to heaven.

So.. Do we think his comments will fire up or Distract the hawks this week??

Personally, i think its an unwelcomed distraction for them.

Win lose or draw this week, his comments will only promote dis-harmony within the club - and while we may not see it straight away - the dis-harmony would eventually filter thru to the playing group themselves.

I joke with my mate (a mad hawks fan) in Melbourne and we both mock the antics of this fool.

To say we both agree he's a total f**king [censored] is an understatement.. when he, as a member, gets the letter from kennett as all hawk members do, he throws it straight in the bin.

Doesnt even open it for sh!ts and giggles!

Such an embarrassment to the club he would grumble! demon_laugh.gif

Yeah, Glad weve got Jimmy is my reply..

No jeff never gets credit from me.. But it was his original comment that got Stynesy fired up to run for Prez, as he wanted his kids to be able to barrack for melbourne

Nooo it was the AFL basically saying our club is f%#@ed and needs to do something because the name Melbourne is not going to save us.

I hate them even more than that. I want to beat them by a point.

I've seen them hand us some beltings over the years so I would prefer the flogging I recall leaving Waverlry Park on many occasions after Dunstall, Brereton, Platten etc. had torn us a new one.

Won't happen of course but I think we can beat them and would settle for a point.

I hate them even more than that. I want to beat them by a point.

After kicking a goal after the siren.

.... from an interchange infringement!

Nope.

57 point belting. Why? Because that would mean we're 1 point up on them this year, AND we'd take over their spot in the 8. The winning margin needed for that is 53 points.

Oh... And find the footage of Hutchie's comments on Youtube and put them in the pre-match promo. Just to hammer the point home.

Time to be ruthless. Only way to win at least pride. Say what you like, when they're up they're a devastating footy side.

Edited by Dappa Dan

I remember this point in 2008, i was so sick and tired of hearing Gardner's constant voice of "we'll be right when (insert new scheme) happens". I don't think we can ever say that it was this [censored] that fired the likes of Stynes up to take this club in a new direction, it was a culmination of the whole footy world pretty much saying we were a sinking ship that didn't matter.

Would absolutely love us to beat them this week and i think we're half a chance at least, but it's one of the most significant games of the year. MUST NOT get blown away.