Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Kicking a Football ( we can't ).

Redleg

Is there a worse kicking side in the league?

Three examples on Sunday, all with no pressure.

1. Carroll 40 out and on the full.

2. White 40 out and on the full.

3. Miller 45 out and falls shots by 15 meters.

Oh boy !

ummm...cant think of one !!

been saying this for a while now...welcome to the cause !! lol

Our game would almost be unrecognisable if only we could hit targets and split the posts !!

you'd think it was the first skill required wouldn you.....just amazes me.. and you it seems..:-)

We miss the target just as much as anyone. All teams make mistakes by foot, you are just concentrating on us because you support us.

White's shot was near impossible for someone who kicks the ball right to left.

Carroll is a full back and once near goal, he didn't know what to do.

Miller has always struggled with kicking for goal.

I think our kicking is on par with alot of other teams.

I have to say...the kicking for goal was a 1000 times better this week.. but I still lament the passing in play kicking...often more than metres off..or some very unecessary kicks to outweighted contests.

Properly weighted kicks are very hard to defend against.

interesting how stats can be used though

the last two weeks the age has said we've had much better effeciency by foot, yet we are all so frustrated by the delivery.

What about Ooze.......! 30m. out . Perfect angle for a left footer.Shocking, demoralising miss from a skilled, experienced player. But he's always been unreliable from set shots, I reckon. He played a big part in a similar loss at Docklands about 4or5 yrs ago, missing from dead in front. Was it the Bulldogs, or North? I think the former.

Miller has always struggled with kicking for goal.

I think our kicking is on par with alot of other teams.

Our kicking is not on par with a lot of other teams, at the moment. There have been recent times when we were the best users of the football. I would say at the moment though, our position on the ladder reflects how well we are using the footy.

As for what you have said re Miller, dees_rule_4eva, you must question his viability at CHF.

Three examples on Sunday, all with no pressure.

1. Carroll 40 out and on the full.

2. White 40 out and on the full.

3. Miller 45 out and falls shots by 15 meters.

Oh boy !

Possibly the absolute worst was the attempted 30m pass by Bruce in the last quarter which slubbed off the boot and nose-dived into the dirt about half-way to the target. It may have been the worst of the 387 kicks made on the day.

Possibly the absolute worst was the attempted 30m pass by Bruce in the last quarter which slubbed off the boot and nose-dived into the dirt about half-way to the target. It may have been the worst of the 387 kicks made on the day.

I forgot about that one. I wish someone would tell/show the boys that the way to pass, is to kick the ball low, allowing the receiver to meet the ball, not kick it over his head or up in the air. It is silly that I have to even mention it, as it is the most basic skill a footballer learns as a kid. End to end drills are based on the pass.

Yeah, I reckon we have recruited some of the best kicks in the league, and somehow they're missing easy kicks, as well as the hard ones.

Trav can hit a player on the chest who's standing behind a brick wall. But he misses a lot of easy kicks, or at least he did earlier this year.

Green has one of the more aesthetically pleasing kicks, especially with set shots, that you're ever likely to see. Luckily last year is over and he's kicking better, but he's not perfect and his field kicking isn't as prolific.

Yze was once like Green, but he lacks some penetration these days for some reason. I dunno, maybe it's that when under pressure he struggles, but no-one's scared of his boot any more.

Bruce used to be an elite kick. I remember hearing he's having leg or foot problems, and if that's the case it wouldn't surprise me, but regardless his kicking has been costing us. Pure and simple.

Neita's a great set shot still, and when he gets it in play he's still a sensational kick.... but he's not finding it enough to make an impact, and when he is he's missing ones he should kick. I guess he's not below expectations though.

Beamer's a bit one-dimensional with his kicking. His boot's reputation is exceeding its effectiveness at the moment.

Sylvia is missing shots he should kick. Many dees supporters haven't seen much of what he can do with his right foot. That goal on the siren was an example, as was the one Robbo nicked from him in the aints final last year. But then he misses ones he'd kick at the blustery TBO. Weird. His kick, pure and simple, is prodigious. An absolute thing of beauty. When he gets right, watch out.

Wheatley is apparently this amazing kick. And on occassion we'll see it, but for the most in his career he will be remembered as "the guy who kicked the first 9 pointer."

Byron.... What a kick. Low, flat, quick, penetrating, accurate. And again, when he gets it he's great, but other things are robbing him of his brilliance.

White is a sensational kick at goal. Actually he's a sensational kick anywhere. But I reckon his brain gets in the way ALL the time. His field kicking is simply wonderful for someone so tall, and his set shots are well above average in terms of skill, but he's just not doing it when he gets his go. maybe it's a lack of genuine experience at set-shots. He's never played HEAPS of time inside the forward fifty.

I don't know. Maybe it's the fact the team has been focussing on tackling, hardness, running speed, set-ups, handballing instead of kicking accuracy. Maybe they think the team's good kicks are all good enough not to need help, so they consentrate on their weaknesses. Who knows? It hasn't reached plague proportions yet, but it's certainly true that we are a kicking team, and as recently as last year we were probably the best in the league by boot at times...

To give some credit, there are players who are kicking beautifully, and above their perceived reputations...

Bartram's boot, if Sandy is any indication, pre-injury has improved. He was slicing 50 metre passes down players' throats with NO conditioning. not supposed to be a good kick, but good kicking is as good kicking does.

Bate's action is daaaaaaamn ugly. But i trust him. I'd say his set shots aren't GREAT. But he seems to LOVE the extra distance when kicking, and there's nothing that gets you more excited than a young kid bombing them from 55 on a startlingly regular basis.

Bell is a known good kick. Out of defence I don't trust anyone more, except maybe Rivers and Wrecker.

Davey wasn't supposed to be a great left foot. Just a good one. But some of his passes rival his running ability for spectator value.

Dunn is a beautiful kick of a football. His set shots particularly. One of the best things about him. he is the quintessential "Likely type" by the Commetti definition.

Godfrey. living the dream. If 3 of his kicks hit targets, I'm thrilled. And if he stops taking long shots at goal when running at the fifty, I think he'll be liked more as a payer. For now it seems he's trying to give off, and I couldn't be happier for him.

Cj is a GREAT deliverer of the footy. Sigh.....

Jones, I reckon, has some technical prolems with his action, but he has startling effectiveness, even when kicking long.

JMac kicks it accurately whenever he MUST. Plays to his strengths SO well you barely ever notice any problem.

Petterd ALREADY has gained his fans' trust when dashing out of defence that the ball will not be turned over. Well done CAC.

White is a sensational kick at goal. Actually he's a sensational kick anywhere. But I reckon his brain gets in the way ALL the time. His field kicking is simply wonderful for someone so tall, and his set shots are well above average in terms of skill, but he's just not doing it when he gets his go. maybe it's a lack of genuine experience at set-shots. He's never played HEAPS of time inside the forward fifty.

White's biggest problem?... He takes FOREVER to kick the damn thing. His decision making is incredibly slow, and he often misses a player who is wide open because he is not looking on the right side of the field, or because he is indecisive with which way he should kick the pill.

He's been excellent the last two weeks, getting involved in the play and running his opponent around, but he has got to learn to make quick decisions.

miller has always struggled with distance. he is not a penetrating kick. he thought too much about kicking that ball hard and stuff it up/ like trying to belt a cricket ball, you need to time it.

Yeah, I reckon we have recruited some of the best kicks in the league, and somehow they're missing easy kicks, as well as the hard ones.

Trav can hit a player on the chest who's standing behind a brick wall. But he misses a lot of easy kicks, or at least he did earlier this year.

Green has one of the more aesthetically pleasing kicks

White is a sensational kick at goal.

Bate's action is daaaaaaamn ugly. But i trust him.

Jones, I reckon, has some technical prolems with his action, but he has startling effectiveness, even when kicking long.

White's shot for goal is below average in my book. His field kicking is pretty good though.

Green's field kickings over rated. Gun shot for goal.

TJ's got great skills but tries for the impossible when there's clearly no advantage to be gained.

Agree with Jones and Bate.

JMAc's not got great foot skills but agree, he plays to his strengths.

Moloney needs to lower his eyes.